Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2021, 05:24 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,908,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
Wasn't it Obama's executive order that started forcing all this transgenders in bathrooms stuff on the school kids ?

Even threatening to withhold school funding for those who didn't comply ?
He has a soft spot for transgenders, remember that the person to whom he is married is questionable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2021, 05:26 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
Oh, you mean the Loudoun rape allegations that the right is in a tizzy about because it involves a transgendered student? The one where the dad made the allegation, the student has been charged, and the matter has yet to be decided in a court of law?

Rape is a serious crime and I hope any guilty parties are punished accordingly, but the fact that this is specifically a case involving a transgendered student is the only reason it’s being talked about by the Republican candidate, the right wing media, and the people on this board. More culture war crap that is distracting and dividing Americans.

There were 431,000 incidents of forcible rape in the US in 2019 according to Wikipedia. The Office for Victims for Crime cites a 2005 study that estimates 1 of every 2 transgender people is sexually abused at some point in their lives. That means that thousands of transgender people are raped every year and yet I’ve never seen it reported by a major news outlet; never mind seen an alleged case of rape against a trans person become a campaign issue.

It looks like the only thing that makes this rape charge different than the other 400,000+ that occur in the US every year is that the accused is transgender. The right wing media has, of course, glommed on to this incident like flies on a turd, because you know how committed they are to reporting on sexual violence

I have read several articles about Obama’s speech for McAuliffe and listened to several clips and I still haven’t heard him speaking about the case or calling the charges “phony” and “trumped up.” If you can provide a link to the actual speech, I would appreciate it.

At the same time, if Obama did comment on the way the case is being tried in the right wing media, I believe he’s right to say that it is more culture war distraction that has nothing to do with the important issues the country is facing.

If he said the charges are trumped up, he’s free to state his opinion the same way Donald Trump is free to say the election was fraudulent and Republicans should stop voting until he’s satisfied that the Republican Party is taking it as seriously as him. There’s that whole First Amendment thing and the fact that Obama didn’t say anything objectionable.

Explain why a rape allegation is a political issue.
this one is because it was both a) concealed, and b) lied about for political reasons.

Old 10-24-2021, 05:33 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,858,118 times
Quote:
Wasn't it Obama's executive order that started forcing all this transgenders in bathrooms stuff on the school kids ?

You mean this:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN161243

Obama never signed an executive order “that started forcing all this transgenders in bathrooms stuff on the school kids…Even threatening to withhold school funding for those who didn't comply.”

As you can see in the article, Obama issued guidelines to schools, which is not the same as an executive order. Many schools and states did not follow those guidelines and Trump promptly revoked them a month after he took office.

Biden has issued an executive order expanding LGBTQ rights, but you may want to blame the Supremes for that:

From NBC News:

“The order directs all federal agencies to implement the Supreme Court’s landmark 2020 decision in Bostock v. Clayton County, Georgia, which established that LGBTQ people are protected from employment discrimination under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

The order also builds on the high court’s decision, directing any federal agency with protections against discrimination based on sex to interpret those statutes to also protect against discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression.”

Facts are important.

Like how many transgender people have been convicted of rape in a public washroom. Anyone know the number?

Old 10-24-2021, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
this one is because it was both a) concealed, and b) lied about for political reasons.
Who was it concealed by and which politician is lying about it?

If it was the school or board that did it, that’s wrong. However, I don’t know how it’s political. It sounds like the kind of stupid decision school boards make all the time.

Regardless, charges have been filed and the accused is innocent until proven guilty.

Old 10-24-2021, 05:40 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Obama’s school policies helped lead to the Parkland shooting.

https://www.realclearinvestigations...._shooting.html
He also was a big driver of :culture wars as he refereed to.
Trans in opposite sex bathrooms anyone?

Old 10-24-2021, 06:16 PM

1,480 posts, read 479,560 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
You mean this:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN161243

Obama never signed an executive order “that started forcing all this transgenders in bathrooms stuff on the school kids…Even threatening to withhold school funding for those who didn't comply.”

As you can see in the article, Obama issued guidelines to schools, which is not the same as an executive order. Many schools and states did not follow those guidelines and Trump promptly revoked them a month after he took office.

Biden has issued an executive order expanding LGBTQ rights, but you may want to blame the Supremes for that:

From NBC News:

“The order directs all federal agencies to implement the Supreme Court’s landmark 2020 decision in Bostock v. Clayton County, Georgia, which established that LGBTQ people are protected from employment discrimination under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

The order also builds on the high court’s decision, directing any federal agency with protections against discrimination based on sex to interpret those statutes to also protect against discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression.”

Facts are important.

Like how many transgender people have been convicted of rape in a public washroom. Anyone know the number?
Changing the word from "order" to "decree" or "guidelines as you chose to frame it" in my first question, is just mincing words, because it was followed up with the threat of lawsuits and withholding of school funds. As you glossed over that.

So I did a search on it and the answer to both questions, I have found to be yes.

The kid who is accused ,was transferred to another school where a second accusation has come forth. I will wait for the facts to come out without diminishing the charges.

Last edited by chief scum; 10-24-2021 at 06:25 PM..

Old 10-24-2021, 07:10 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,899,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...p-culture-war/

Wow! I guess the rape didn't happen. it was just 'right-wing media stirring the pot'....

What an awful thing to say. And it's only because he can't defend the Loudon County School Board's deplorable and despicable actions.

Would he say this to the girl's father's face? Nope, too much of a coward.

This is what the term "gas lighting" was made for...

Old 10-24-2021, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Changing the word from "order" to "decree" in my first question, is just mincing words, because it was followed up with the threat of lawsuits and withholding of school funds.

The student who is accused was transferred to another school where a second accusation has come forth. I will wait for the facts to come out without diminishing the charges.
Yes, I read that the student was accused once at another school and then transferred to the school where the second alleged attack occurred. That sounds like the school admin amd school board’s fault and people need to lose their jobs if they covered up the student’s history.

But that’s a screwup that can’t be blamed on the dems. Obama was stumping for McAuliffe and said a few words
about it and now suddenly it’s a partisan issue.

I’m not sure what decree you’re talking about. Apparently Obama issued guidelines during his time in office, but that is NOT the same as a decree or EO. Plenty of states and school districts opted out. I didn’t read that Obama’s guidelines threatened lawsuits and withheld school funds for states and school districts that opted out. I thought schools are mainly paid for with local property taxes and state money so which federal funds were withheld?

This gotcha crap has gotta end. There’s no gotcha here.

Biden followed the Supreme Court’s ruling on Bostock v. Clayton County, Ga in 2020 when he issued the EO that solidified certain LGBTQ rights. I don’t know how I feel about trans bathroom bills so I’m not for or against them. I am always against sex crimes and the people who perpetrate them.

I think it’s terrible if two students were raped in school. Sexual violence is too common in society and if there was a cover up, I hope it’s exposed and the perps exposed and punished.

But let’s keep things in perspective. There are serious sex scandals in schools every year that don’t involve trans people. What was a recent one? Larry Nasser. Didn’t the women’s gymnastic team testify to Congress? I watched some of the testimony and it was brutal. There was Jerry Sandusky before Nasser. He wasn’t trans. Nor was Joe Paterno, who covered for him for years. Fox is always reporting teachers sleeping with students and I’ve never seen a case where a trans person was involved.

If a trans person is guilty of sexual assault, I hope they are punished to the fullest extent of the law.

But I don’t see what this has to do with Democrats and Republicans. Both parties are against sexual assault and I haven’t heard any dem politicians make excuses or suggest that a sexual assault at school is not a serious issue such must be followed up with charges and legal proceedings.

I believe what Mr. Obama was referring to in his stump speech is how unnecessary it is for a tragedy like this to be politicized. Alleged victims and accused perps - kids in this case, right? - shouldn’t be used as props in the culture wars.

Old 10-24-2021, 08:50 PM

1,768 posts, read 715,615 times
If it was one of his daughters that was raped I assure you he wouldn't be singing the same tune.

Old 10-24-2021, 08:58 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
He is not dismissing the violent nature of the crime.

What he is calling out is the inclination to suggest it is because of 'trans' gender policies that this crime occured.

Reality -- that same kid was kicked out of one school and went to the next and raped a girl in an empty classroom -- with no skirt on.

So it is 'convenient' to somehow pin the crimes because of trans gender issues -- when in fact it is just one sick guy.

And most of you know that......but will allow the conservative media sites to spin that he was dismissing the attack itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies