Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2021, 08:29 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,204,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
WI'm a Veteran but being a CIVILIAN in POWER if I push a debacle of a war and got richer I hope people don't use by military service to hide my war crimes and a debacle of a war when I die.
This topic seems to make you a bit too upset, but you are correct. I get pretty tired of this veteran worship. I was a military brat as a kid and my sister was married to a Major in the US Army. Trust me, a lot of veterans are terrible people.

I feel sorry for them for being by used by this government, coming back wounded or with PTSD. I think we treat our veterans badly. But their being a veteran doesn't make them better than anyone else, or any less worthy of criticism(especially once they become civilians).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2021, 08:31 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,997,862 times
Easy targets - they are dead.

Kind of sad.

Old 10-24-2021, 08:32 PM

17,779 posts, read 13,670,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Plenty of those same liberals had some incredibly nasty things to say about John McCain when he ran for president. Their hypocrisy is hardly ever brought up.
I suppose part of the reason is that John McCain was running for president as the nominee of the opposition part.

Maybe you don't recall that John McCain was the nominee of the conservatives who now support Trump's "nasty comments". Spare me the hypocrisy angle.

Old 10-24-2021, 08:38 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,997,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Plenty of those same liberals had some incredibly nasty things to say about John McCain when he ran for president. Their hypocrisy is hardly ever brought up.
Yeah he was alive.

Here's the thing...no need for me to trash McCain now --he's dead. He's gone. What gains are there to be made to insult men who chose to join the military and serve and now are dead.

It's some childish sick mind that has to go there.

Old 10-24-2021, 08:45 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,014,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post
Do you see it as a him telling it like it is and standing for the truth or just being petty and tasteless ?

Here's Trump using Colin Powell's death to center the focus on himself.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/news-xqazu2zjds898

"Wonderful to see Colin Powell, who made big mistakes on Iraq and famously, so-called weapons of mass destruction, be treated in death so beautifully by the Fake News Media. Hope that happens to me someday. He was a classic RINO, if even that, always being the first to attack other Republicans. He made plenty of mistakes, but anyway, may he rest in peace!"

And here's Trump dissing a dead John McCain to express his criticisms on his daughter, Meghan.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/news-etsyzmp4vg0

"Isn’t it funny that Meghan McCain, who has always been a bully and basically a lowlife, is now complaining that it was she who was bullied by the Slobs and Radical Left maniacs of “The View.” At the request of many of her representatives, I made it possible for her father to have the world’s longest funeral, designed and orchestrated by him, even though I was never, to put it mildly, a fan. In his own very special way, he was a RINO’s RINO. Despite his fighting against me, I won Arizona by a lot in 2016 and won Arizona by even more in 2020—unfortunately the vote counters in 2020 were far more important than the candidate (See the determinative Report issued Wednesday by the Arizona Auditors!). I have since found out that McCain, who was close to last in his class at Annapolis, sent the fake and totally discredited scam Dossier to the FBI, hoping to stop the “Trump Train.” In any event, Meghan should fight the Communists instead of explaining how they beat her, hurt her, and made her “physically ill.” She should fight back against the Losers of The View the way she fights against very good and well-meaning Republicans, and she would do herself a world of good!"

Personally, I'm okay with Trump expressing his opinions and I actually find these statements pretty true and hilarious in all honesty since I was never a fan of McCain/Powell myself but I do think it would help for him to take on a more mature or "presidential" image if he's serious about running for the 2024 election.
Trashy.

But to be expected from someone with no class.

Old 10-24-2021, 08:45 PM

13,441 posts, read 4,283,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
This topic seems to make you a bit too upset, but you are correct. I get pretty tired of this veteran worship. I was a military brat as a kid and my sister was married to a Major in the US Army. Trust me, a lot of veterans are terrible people.

I feel sorry for them for being by used by this government, coming back wounded or with PTSD. I think we treat our veterans badly. But their being a veteran doesn't make them better than anyone else, or any less worthy of criticism(especially once they become civilians).

I'm not upset. Bored. I'm a veteran but If I messed up in the CIVILIAN World in POWER don't use my service to hide the debacle that a min. a million people died and cost the treasury mad money.

I have no problem with what Powell and McCain did in Vietnam. Young boys doing their military jobs like millions of others that We never heard from. You heard from McCain because his Daddy and Grandpa were big shots Admirals and he was like we say :" Born in 3rd base" with very heavy connections in the Navy. He wasn't coming in as an E-1. He was coming in as an officer to command with huge connections that he used to get to politics. He was a POW like thousands of men during the war that We never heard from (they didn't have 2 Admirals in the family)

But their Civilians actions in power that caused a min. of a million deaths and other regional problems is fair game and what I hate is people using their military service to shut the argument or people demanding a punishment or to shame people calling it out. Like I'm not patriotic for calling this big deal out.

All I'm saying is that if I messed up in my Navy job that caused the whole ship to burn and sink and many deaths, I would be court-martial and thrown to the brig for life. Nobody is going to give me over-praises that I was a nice Sea Recruit when I died.

Old 10-24-2021, 08:56 PM

13,441 posts, read 4,283,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Trashy.

But to be expected from someone with no class.

yeah but the person that said "We should be in Iraq for 100 years" killing and blowing them up and rule over them for their OIL is real classy. He served in the military. He has to be classy.

the people that sold this debacle are classy.

https://www.iraqbodycount.org/

Old 10-24-2021, 09:07 PM

1,665 posts, read 973,674 times
I'm just not surprised anymore about what comes out of his mouth.

Old 10-24-2021, 09:11 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,046,900 times
Trump can't stand how admired they were and is jealous. What he has never understood is that respect earns respect. Respect seems to be a foreign concept to him.

Old 10-24-2021, 09:12 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,014,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
yeah but the person that said "We should be in Iraq for 100 years" killing and blowing them up and rule over them for their OIL is real classy. He served in the military. He has to be classy.

the people that sold this debacle are classy.

https://www.iraqbodycount.org/
Don’t remember him saying what you quoted him as saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies