Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2021, 09:47 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
People don't always vote party lines. They vote for who they feel will be the best for our country. Although, they mostly vote party line. I have voted for quite a few republicans because I liked them better than the democrat running. Many people are like that. It doesn't mean we still don't identify with our party. It's just all about the individual candidate
Noooo…. People don’t do that…… that’s blasphemous…. Toe the party line or gtfo rino!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2021, 09:53 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post
Do you see it as a him telling it like it is and standing for the truth or just being petty and tasteless ?

Here's Trump using Colin Powell's death to center the focus on himself.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/news-xqazu2zjds898

"Wonderful to see Colin Powell, who made big mistakes on Iraq and famously, so-called weapons of mass destruction, be treated in death so beautifully by the Fake News Media. Hope that happens to me someday. He was a classic RINO, if even that, always being the first to attack other Republicans. He made plenty of mistakes, but anyway, may he rest in peace!"

And here's Trump dissing a dead John McCain to express his criticisms on his daughter, Meghan.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/news-etsyzmp4vg0

"Isn’t it funny that Meghan McCain, who has always been a bully and basically a lowlife, is now complaining that it was she who was bullied by the Slobs and Radical Left maniacs of “The View.” At the request of many of her representatives, I made it possible for her father to have the world’s longest funeral, designed and orchestrated by him, even though I was never, to put it mildly, a fan. In his own very special way, he was a RINO’s RINO. Despite his fighting against me, I won Arizona by a lot in 2016 and won Arizona by even more in 2020—unfortunately the vote counters in 2020 were far more important than the candidate (See the determinative Report issued Wednesday by the Arizona Auditors!). I have since found out that McCain, who was close to last in his class at Annapolis, sent the fake and totally discredited scam Dossier to the FBI, hoping to stop the “Trump Train.” In any event, Meghan should fight the Communists instead of explaining how they beat her, hurt her, and made her “physically ill.” She should fight back against the Losers of The View the way she fights against very good and well-meaning Republicans, and she would do herself a world of good!"

Personally, I'm okay with Trump expressing his opinions and I actually find these statements pretty true and hilarious in all honesty since I was never a fan of McCain/Powell myself but I do think it would help for him to take on a more mature or "presidential" image if he's serious about running for the 2024 election.
The title of your thread is erroneous.

You need to look up the definitions of subtle and subtly.

Old 10-24-2021, 09:53 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I voted for 3rd party candidates twice. Johnson in 2016, Jorgensen in 2020. I couldn't support Trump, Clinton, or Biden. And Trump being very disrespectful to veterans, I couldn't have that.
I did the very same things. But too few people did the same. As long as most people refuse to vote 3rd party to voice their lack of satisfaction against how Republicans and Democrats are governing the nation, then bad, corrupt government will continue ruling at the federal level.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 10-24-2021 at 10:02 PM..

Old 10-24-2021, 09:57 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b29510 View Post
i like trump, for what he did, but as a person, he always been an A hole
What else would you expect from a person, Trump, who said he learned a lot from Nixon, rather than from Reagan?

Old 10-24-2021, 09:57 PM

2,042 posts, read 855,366 times
While true, both were Republicans, they both essentially became Democrats in the end and to the right both were a part of the swamp. For decades I had the highest respect and regard for John McCain. I found it hard to maintain that in his last few years. I do respect him as a man though. And I do respect his service to this country. But I’m not gonna respect his politics at the end of his career. Colin Powell, I feel like he got left holding the bag so to speak. He was the fall guy for a lot of went wrong within the Bush administration. However in the end with him, he carried some deep resentment over that and basically became a Democrat. He deserves our respect, he served this country for a lifetime.

Old 10-24-2021, 10:04 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,252,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
While true, both were Republicans, they both essentially became Democrats in the end and to the right both were a part of the swamp. For decades I had the highest respect and regard for John McCain. I found it hard to maintain that in his last few years. I do respect him as a man though. And I do respect his service to this country. But I’m not gonna respect his politics at the end of his career. Colin Powell, I feel like he got left holding the bag so to speak. He was the fall guy for a lot of went wrong within the Bush administration. However in the end with him, he carried some deep resentment over that and basically became a Democrat. He deserves our respect, he served this country for a lifetime.
Both of these men gave their life over to public service.
I don’t know how you could not respect that.

Old 10-24-2021, 10:06 PM

2,042 posts, read 855,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Read what I wrote a bit slower maybe?

Old 10-24-2021, 10:08 PM

13,444 posts, read 4,289,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I did the very same things. But too few people did the same. As long as people refuse to vote 3rd party to voice their satisfaction against how Republicans and Democrats are governing the nation, then bad, corrupt government will continue ruling at the federal level.
does it matter? as long that the same people are running the economy and wars with the same system things will be the same thing. You actually think that it's 1 or 2 people the problem? That's why I laugh why people go after Trump hard while ignoring the system and the people behind the curtain.

Some people here are more offended by Trump's comment about 2 people than the debacle of a war that killed over 1 million people that these people lied and sold. Just like Dave Chapelle said,you can kill a person in Wal-Mart and your career goes to the top. You offend the feelings of a minority or elite and your career is over.

It's hard to take the reformers serious when they want change at the top but praises people like McCain, Powell and Condi Rice and Liz Cheney that have pushed for this debacle and pretend that if We get nice people at the top that write nice tweets and don't hurt people's feelings We can go back to normal.

You can't be for real reform if you praise Powell or McCain. They were part of the big problem. You either demand to fix the Titanic from top to bottom before it leaves shore or pretend by re-arranging the chairs at sea and put a nice Captain that is reform.

Old 10-24-2021, 10:16 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
McCain was a republican who stood his ground. He certainly butted heads with Trump because he didn't agree with certain things Trump wanted to do. His politics never changed though.

Old 10-24-2021, 10:21 PM

13,444 posts, read 4,289,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum

I know they got richer in government. It was a civilian government job with lots of $$$$ and connections. I didn't know they were putting their lives on the line everyday when they came to work and to lie to the media. Powell wasn't under sniper fire when he went to the UN to sell his debacle of a war. McCain didn't have to vote and push for the war and others wars in a undisclosed bunker because of enemy fire and endless bombings. They got richer and more famous. Thanks for the laugh.

I'm a veteran. Give me a high paying civilian government job with connections so I can sell a debacle of a war that killed a million people and got rich doing it. I want to hide behind my service so I get praises when I die. American Hero. The B.S. people create over them. I have known officers in the Navy that were forced to retirement for messing up on way lesser things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies