Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2021, 09:53 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

I don't like Pelosi, but her wealth is primarily joint wealth as a couple generated from her husband's business interests.
And what do you think her husband's business interests are? I bet you have no idea. There is a poster on Twitter detailing the family stock trades in relation to policy decisions made by Pelosi. Maybe you should take a look before you defend her. I don't give a rat's a$$ if you like her or not. You support this crook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2021, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
That burger flipper might benefit from improved infrastructure. She might benefit from free community college tuition. She might benefit from subsidized child care.

She won't get any of those things unless the rich are taxed more.
How much of Obama's shovel ready stimulus actually went to infrastructure?

Old 10-27-2021, 09:59 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Not completely true, or everyone would be stuffed full of pie. Or are you saying that most Americans are just too stupid and lazy?

But regardless of how they got their pie, this thread is about how much they are expected to give to pay for things the government has decided it needs. So the guy with a few crumbs on his plate is looking at the guy who has 3/4 of a pie to himself, and saying “how about sharing a bit?”
Yes. Many Americans *are* stupid. And lazy. And full of envy. And ignorant of how wealth is obtained, and kept. They are convinced that they’ll never get “theirs” because someone else is a billionaire … that wealth is a pie they aren’t getting a big enough slice of. This is the thinking of simple people - people without knowledge.

Want more pie? Earn it. There’s plenty of pie for anyone willing to work hard for it.

Old 10-27-2021, 10:01 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Yes. Many Americans *are* stupid. And lazy. And full of envy. And ignorant of how wealth is obtained, and kept. They are convinced that they’ll never get “theirs” because someone else is a billionaire … that wealth is a pie they aren’t getting a big enough slice of. This is the thinking of simple people - people without knowledge.

Want more pie? Earn it. There’s plenty of pie for anyone willing to work hard for it.
Wow, you can keep your head in the sand, but more and more people are waking up and realizing that this system isn't working for them

Old 10-27-2021, 10:04 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Wow, you can keep your head in the sand, but more and more people are waking up and realizing that this system isn't working for them
More and more people are waking up and crying for other people to fund their way through life is what is happening. You are one of those people. I am not.

Old 10-27-2021, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
yep, the US has one of the most progressive tax systems of OECD countries. Our tax system is more progressive than Sweden's, the poster child of social democracy. That country has much flatter income taxes and most importantly a regressive VAT. Their generous social welfare benefits are derived from EVERYONE paying a lot. It's a shame the US poverty pimps refuse to acknowledge this.

Old 10-27-2021, 10:09 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
Default Take our country back!

The blame lies not with the rich but with the people elected to Congress, who by the way, most have become very rich due to their insider information. Congress spends money on what THEY think the people need, not what the American people WANT. They waste money on their pet projects and plying people with programs and freebies making Americans dependency on the government bigger than ever. Government should have no business in Healthcare or Education. Wake up people and let's take our country back.

Old 10-27-2021, 10:10 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
You really mean more people are becoming envious of other people's property. Before the pandemic and government induced lock downs, real median income was the highest on record and the poverty rate was at all time lows.

Old 10-27-2021, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
We don't though. We don't even guarantee health care for our citizens, less other basic needs. People should not struggle to have a place to live, food to eat, get healthcare, or get educated.
My dad was a big advocate of personal responsibility. He would get mad because my grandfather liked to spoil his granddaughters. He wanted to buy all of us cars. We were all actually pretty responsible and we all worked hard. But now as an adult, I get it. My dad wanted us to work for what we had so we learned appreciation for the value of $$. The problem with people like you, is you don't get the value of hard work. Handing everything to people makes them not want to work and makes them lazy. I have seen it first hand on many occasions. My grandfather owned a retail building with apartments upstairs. The family that lived off welfare for my entire childhood was known for working off the books and doing jobs that were not reported so their benefits were not impacted. There are over 80 antipoverty government funded programs paid for by taxpayers. If you learned a little about basic economics, you would know that when you subsidize something, you get MORE of it, not less.

Old 10-27-2021, 10:12 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
We don't though. We don't even guarantee health care for our citizens, less other basic needs. People should not struggle to have a place to live, food to eat, get healthcare, or get educated.

A lot of those people do not even try. They just want the rest of us to pay for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies