Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2021, 08:57 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,923,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Florida's shelves are stocked.. yes prices are going up and one has to look for a good sale.. I just bought some great tasting and tender rib eye steaks for $5.99 a pound.. most supermarkets are asking $9.99 to 11.99 a lb. One has to look for the sales and the buy one get one free items help out too.

We are being hit hard with high food prices and also gas prices here in Florida is $3.29 for regular. I am looking at sale weekly ads on line at supermarkets to check what they are offering on items at a good price.

I also bought Oscar Mayer Bacon , buy 2 for $8 offered at my local Walgreen. In the supermarkets it is going for also $10 for one package.

Biden is stealing from us now and I am fighting back the best way I know. Shop smart.
?

Old 10-26-2021, 08:58 AM

5,276 posts, read 6,207,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
There’s a favorite farm that we go to pickup great tasting pies. We hadn’t been there in a quite awhile. So over the weekend we decided to go. I couldn’t believe it when they rang up the cost of almost $100 for a few food items. If this continues I’m not sure what the hell we’re going to do.

I talk to some my liberal relatives and ask them do you regret voting for Biden. The answer is always “NO”.

I say don’t you feel the pinch in your wallet. They don’t say anything. They don’t care. They’re like Biden zombies...it’s unbelievable!
If you're shopping the gourmet market at a farm, they are going to charge through the nose regardless. Much if the current pricing is due to Covid shortages that would have occurred under any President. And some of it is related to the people who were teased for having McJobs finding better sources of income when labor hit a premium. Also get used to higher fruit/vegetable costs when we withhold foreign labor. We'll find out just how much people value 'American's first' when they realize American workers typically will not relocate and will not do much of the dirty work that affords the lifestyles that would be considered cushy in most of the world.

Old 10-26-2021, 09:02 AM

5,166 posts, read 4,938,673 times
"This past Weekend I Almost Dropped A $100 Bucks For Two Pies, 4 Muffins, and A cup of Coffee".

What kind of pies are we talking about here? For that $$, I'm guessing they're from the red light district.

Old 10-26-2021, 09:02 AM

23,529 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Why do you think Biden caused this?

Serious question.
Not a serious question.

Old 10-26-2021, 09:06 AM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I just bought some great tasting and tender rib eye steaks for $5.99 a pound.. most supermarkets are asking $9.99 to 11.99 a lb.
So what are you complaining about?

Quote:
Biden is stealing from us now and I am fighting back the best way I know. Shop smart.

Old 10-26-2021, 09:07 AM

4,341 posts, read 2,226,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Biden voters could be living on the street in a cardboard box and if you asked them if they regretted their vote they would say no. It's a cult filled with brainwashed people - not unlike the Q Anon movement.
I think it's a combination of brainwashing via the MSM Biden propaganda machine, but also a 'doubling down' for the "Not Trump At All Costs" mentality.

Dems *have to* double down on their vote for Biden - they are backed into a corner because any wavering of their support would imply.....gasp....Orange Man Better.

Old 10-26-2021, 09:11 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
So what are you complaining about?

Did you read the rest of it.. gas is $3.29 . When Trump was in office it was 2.09. Also many items I have to buy are higher because trucking product is more expensive. I guess you don't understand cause and effect at all. Biden halted drilling and stopped the pipeline.. of course Russia gets the ok because Biden's build back better is only for China and Russia.

Old 10-26-2021, 09:12 AM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Maybe we have become a little spoiled?

I can't feel too sorry when luxury items are expensive. It is the necessities like gas and basic grocery items that is really problematic.

Maybe we keep our eyes out for sales like our moms used to do, budgeting, meal planning, etc. Keep the thermostat down and wear sweaters, etc. I remember gas lines, odd and even days and people didn't freak out. This isn't the first rodeo with inflation. Sorry about the fancy pie.

Not that this president doesn't have to go, just like one term Carter did. We need someone to right the ship.

Old 10-26-2021, 09:13 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Was reading news stories in my local area, and they were talking about the rising gas prices. They quoted some twit who said, 'It's bad, but I don't drive that much so it doesn't really affect me.'

These morons don't care about anything until it directly affects them enough to feel the pain.

Everyone else? Pscht, who cares.
I've got one better than that. I heard someone say, "People should ride bicycles more". First thing I thought when I heard that was 3rd world....China perhaps. I also heard this, a spin on a popular commercial....."Joe Biden, the quicker F---ker upper.

Old 10-26-2021, 09:14 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
I just bought 4 pies, 8 muffins and a case of beer and it was only $20.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies