Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2021, 02:20 PM

3,067 posts, read 1,737,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Who is forcing you to put your pronouns in your Zoom profile?

You realize that's just there to help others in case they might be unsure. I don't get why that's a bad thing in your eyes, but you do you.
It's a bad thing because it's getting me to agree with their choices and lifestyle. Like I said, you do you. I'm obviously a dude, so pronouns not necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2021, 02:22 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Not yet, but I feel it coming. So many people at my company are doing this now. I feel there is a social pressure for everyone to do it. This is my issue with the trans movement. You do you, but do not expect my glowing approval of it. You do you and let me do me, and we'll be all good.
It’s happening at many companies. My husband works for one of the big chip companies, and they are encouraging it to “facilitate comfortable conversation” online with others. Seems like nothing more than another dividing tactic. Soon, every single person will exist in their very own subgroup of human beings. We’ll be the complete opposite of united and nobody will agree on anything. PROGRESS!

Old 10-26-2021, 02:23 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Who is forcing you to put your pronouns in your Zoom profile?

You realize that's just there to help others in case they might be unsure. I don't get why that's a bad thing in your eyes, but you do you.
My company HR department sent out a typical email signature and recommended pronouns, wasn't mandatory, but was encouraged.

I work for a very woke mega corporation which will remain nameless.

Old 10-26-2021, 02:23 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
It's a bad thing because it's getting me to agree with their choices and lifestyle. Like I said, you do you. I'm obviously a dude, so pronouns not necessary.
Putting your pronouns in a social media profile isn't "agreeing with their choices and lifestyle". Like I said, it's there to make others' lives easier. Maybe I think you look a little feminine and I'm worried calling you he/him in a professional environment would offend?

Old 10-26-2021, 02:25 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
My company HR department sent out a typical email signature and recommended pronouns, wasn't mandatory, but was encouraged.

I work for a very woke mega corporation which will remain nameless.
Cool. If you have a problem with that, you have a problem with your company. That was my point.

Old 10-26-2021, 02:26 PM

1,952 posts, read 827,402 times
I work for a smaller non-woke business.

When we see a resume come in and it has pronouns listed....this person will NOT be called for an interview.

Why? We are here to make money and provide a service...not get hung up on what people want to be called. This business is hard enough without having to tip toe around the woke people, sorry.

Old 10-26-2021, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Putting your pronouns in a social media profile isn't "agreeing with their choices and lifestyle". Like I said, it's there to make others' lives easier. Maybe I think you look a little feminine and I'm worried calling you he/him in a professional environment would offend?
No. It's not about making lives easier. It's about getting the rest of the world to acquiesce so that the woke have won. This is the final straw for me. You are impacting my 1st amendment rights with this one. If anyone thinks I look feminine so be it, but if so, they're either blind or an idiot.

Old 10-26-2021, 02:27 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
^^ What she said.
I figured you'd weigh in on this, and glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humor, T.

Old 10-26-2021, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
I work for a smaller non-woke business.

When we see a resume come in and it has pronouns listed....this person will NOT be called for an interview.

Why? We are here to make money and provide a service...not get hung up on what people want to be called. This business is hard enough without having to tip toe around the woke people, sorry.
Exactly. This group and the younger generation are pains in the a$$es. My wife does HR, and she is starting to shy away from hiring younger people, because they are more trouble than they are worth. They don't care to work, they just want to cause trouble and feel validated. Basecamp (the software) put out a blog post that they weren't tolerating it anymore. Good for them. I wish more companies would wake up. My company is pretty woke and they have suggested it, but no one has forced it....yet. If they do, I may file a lawsuit and/or probably leave. When I start looking for new jobs, if the HR person has pronouns in their zoom profile, I'll exit that process immediately.

Old 10-26-2021, 02:30 PM

1,300 posts, read 959,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think that the SJW wokehole crowd needs to get ready for a real serious tune up. I think there's a building backlash starting to swell.

I'm a pretty socially liberal guy and people like me are starting to get resentful. Bill Maher has been talking about the far left and ripping on them too.

People are getting tired of being scolded all the damn time over some of these issues.

The inability of liberals to reject the worst ideas coming from the trans activist camp is only going to result in electoral victory for republicans. Then genuine transphobes will be appointed to the judiciary.
I'm a liberal and support their legitimate civil liberties protection. I'll use whatever pronouns they wish, I support them serving in the military, getting married, protection from employment & housing discrimination.
But competing in womens sports, invading womens prisons, medicalizing underage kids, asserting that biological sex is not real, are all places they should have taken care not to go.

The same dynamic happens with islamic extremism. Liberals inability to offer a fully honest, but nuanced, liberal critique of islamist extremism allows conservatives to totally own the discussion, which has hurt liberals here and in Europe. Its the primary reason why Marine Le Pen got much further in France's last election than she ever should.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies