Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Now that I've gotten a Moderna vaccine booster shot today, Oct. 26, 2021, how long to I have to live
24 hours 10 20.00%
2-7 days 2 4.00%
2-4 weeks 1 2.00%
2-6 months 0 0%
1/2 to 2 years 6 12.00%
more than 2 years 31 62.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2021, 07:28 AM

10,857 posts, read 4,534,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
and many people who taken the COVID vaccines can live for dozens and dozens of years.

so what gets them first? AOCs end of earth plan or the vax?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2021, 08:03 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Not certain. Two individuals I know got major illnesses within 3 months of the vaccine. I guess you could say it was merely coincidence. At this time neither illness has resulted in death (thank God.) But I'll let you know.
A few years before Covid came out, my uncle had a heart attack, my aunt almost died of respiratory infection, my co-worker died of illness and a guy from my hometown died in a motorcycle accident.

Maybe you don't have many friends, but people get sick fyi.

Old 10-27-2021, 08:20 AM

6,387 posts, read 2,710,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
No, this has nothing to do with whether some govt group "requires" me to take it (none do).

I got my first two Moderna vaccine shots in Jan and Feb of 2021. Today I just got the booster, in Oct. 2021 - because I wanted to. I think I'm a lot safer taking it than I am if I don't take it. So I made the decision.

So, those of you who keep saying that the vaccine is "dangerous" or "poison" or whatever the pejorative of the week is: Let's hear your prediction. How long do I have to live?

Now's your chance to declare your beliefs, justify them... and defend them in view of people who agree or disagree. Please explain your vote in your post(s) in this thread.
I am glad you decided on your own without any choice you had to make under threat of losing your job.

As for how long you have to live?

Depends, people that got the vaccines still got COVID and still died. So you might have a few days. You could walk out of your house and get hit by a falling branch next spring. You would still be dead, but not because of the vaccine or COVID.

We don't know the long-term safety of the vaccine. Hopefully, all of the "doomsday" scenarios that people are putting out there are not going to happen. I am talking about the scenarios on both sides. The ones who say that everyone who got the vaccine will be dead in a few years, and the ones who say if you don't get the vaccine you will die.

The difference is that we know for a fact that COVID has a high survivability rate as shown over the last almost 2 years. We do NOT know for a fact the long-term effects of the vaccines since they have only been available for under a year.

A vast majority of the people are not at these extremes. I don't want the masses to start dropping dead from the vaccine. But it is still an unknown, and they have been wrong about just about every other aspect of the vaccine, why would this be trusted? It was supposed to be 95% effective...now shown as false. It was supposed to keep you from getting COVID...now shown as false. It was to keep you from passing along COVID..now false. We actually don't know the true numbers because the CDC said early on they won't track a breakthrough case unless the person ends up dying or in the hospital. It was supposed to keep you from getting serious symptoms...questionable. It does have some effect for some, but there are others who still end up in the hospital and die.

It this point even it turns out to be "somewhat" true and there are serious long-term side effects for even just a fraction of one percent that could still be millions of people worldwide. Hopefully, you end up in the group of people who have no long-term issues.

Old 10-27-2021, 08:35 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,582,090 times
OP - By the time your read this you are most likely already dead because vaxx bad, yada yada

Accordingly I went with 24 hours.

Old 10-27-2021, 08:35 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,260,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
No, this has nothing to do with whether some govt group "requires" me to take it (none do).

I got my first two Moderna vaccine shots in Jan and Feb of 2021. Today I just got the booster, in Oct. 2021 - because I wanted to. I think I'm a lot safer taking it than I am if I don't take it. So I made the decision.

So, those of you who keep saying that the vaccine is "dangerous" or "poison" or whatever the pejorative of the week is: Let's hear your prediction. How long do I have to live?

Now's your chance to declare your beliefs, justify them... and defend them in view of people who agree or disagree. Please explain your vote in your post(s) in this thread.
I got my third Pfizer about a month back. I have quit buying green bananas.

Old 10-27-2021, 08:53 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
I don't know how much longer you will have to live - but your quality of life might be negatively impacted down the road depending on unknown side effects. Sounds like heart issues are getting more common.

This article and video may interest some and might explain why many healthcare workers refuse to get vaccinated: https://theexpose.uk/2021/10/21/hosp...d-by-patients/

Old 10-27-2021, 08:57 AM

1,138 posts, read 449,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
What about the people you could infect...and possibly kill? We live in a society not an anarchy.
If the vaccine works, no one who is not vaccinated will kill anyone, and if it doesn't work no one should be required to take it. I have never seen any group so unsure of the decision they made as the vaccinated are. If you took it and believe in it, leave those alone who choose to go the other route. If you took it and think it wont protect you, then that is your problem.

Old 10-27-2021, 08:57 AM

9,508 posts, read 4,342,349 times
I got my second Moderna shot on May 1. Despite being a high risk person (old and not in particularly good shape), I'm still a alive and kickin'. Based on that, I'd say the OP has at least 6 months to live.

Old 10-27-2021, 09:06 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
I got my second Moderna shot on May 1. Despite being a high risk person (old and not in particularly good shape), I'm still a alive and kickin'. Based on that, I'd say the OP has at least 6 months to live.
Woops, wrong thread.

Last edited by SeaMaj7; 10-27-2021 at 09:36 AM..

Old 10-27-2021, 12:19 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Anyone can die within the hour -- and many people who taken the COVID vaccines can live for dozens and dozens of years. I have never heard even one person say that EVERYONE who has been injected will die. The largest projection that I think I have read is 80%, with the majority of deaths taking place in about two years, more or less. I also think I read that some people have claimed that a significant percentage of the injections are placebos "for deniability".

I am obviously not sure of anything, as I have read many such reports from sources with a very wide range of believability, so my attitude has been one of "time will tell who is right and who is wrong" for at least two months now.
The phase 1 trials of the pfizer vax started in March of 2020. So it is nearly two years and none of them have died of vaccine side effects. All of the 40,000 in phase 2 are twice vaxxed for well over a year and some are triple vaxxed. Again, no reports of any deaths. If the deaths show an expected bell curve we should be seeing the left tail by now. I'll bet many have already died and the government is covering it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies