Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Now that I've gotten a Moderna vaccine booster shot today, Oct. 26, 2021, how long to I have to live
24 hours 10 20.00%
2-7 days 2 4.00%
2-4 weeks 1 2.00%
2-6 months 0 0%
1/2 to 2 years 6 12.00%
more than 2 years 31 62.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2021, 08:14 PM

18,725 posts, read 7,604,328 times

Advertisements

No, this has nothing to do with whether some govt group "requires" me to take it (none do).

I got my first two Moderna vaccine shots in Jan and Feb of 2021. Today I just got the booster, in Oct. 2021 - because I wanted to. I think I'm a lot safer taking it than I am if I don't take it. So I made the decision.

So, those of you who keep saying that the vaccine is "dangerous" or "poison" or whatever the pejorative of the week is: Let's hear your prediction. How long do I have to live?

Now's your chance to declare your beliefs, justify them... and defend them in view of people who agree or disagree. Please explain your vote in your post(s) in this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2021, 08:17 PM

8,886 posts, read 5,368,429 times
Not certain. Two individuals I know got major illnesses within 3 months of the vaccine. I guess you could say it was merely coincidence. At this time neither illness has resulted in death (thank God.) But I'll let you know.

Old 10-26-2021, 08:20 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,637,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
No, this has nothing to do with whether some govt group "requires" me to take it (none do).

I got my first two Moderna vaccine shots in Jan and Feb of 2021. Today I just got the booster, in Oct. 2021 - because I wanted to. I think I'm a lot safer taking it than I am if I don't take it. So I made the decision.

So, those of you who keep saying that the vaccine is "dangerous" or "poison" or whatever the pejorative of the week is: Let's hear your prediction. How long do I have to live?
"To be, or not to be, that is the question".

Old 10-26-2021, 08:20 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,074,759 times
I would say dibs on all you guns but your from California .

Old 10-26-2021, 08:23 PM

I voted "More than 2 years", because I believe the vaccine, while not perfect (no pharmaceutical has ever been perfect) gives me a much better chance of surviving, either against Covid-19 or against any problems or side effects the vaccine itself may have, than if I don't take the vaccine.

Old 10-26-2021, 08:24 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,044,002 times
Quote:

Now's your chance to declare your beliefs, justify them... and defend them in view of people who agree or disagree. Please explain your vote in your post(s) in this thread.
Same here, but Pfizer. First two shots at the beginning and end of February, booster last week. I think our chances of blabbing at each other on this forum for several years have increased.

Old 10-26-2021, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Same here, but Pfizer. First two shots at the beginning and end of February, booster last week. I think our chances of blabbing at each other on this forum for several years have increased.
I think we'll be blabbing at each other on this forum for interminable years, whether each of us takes the vaccine or not, or even whether the vaccine exists or not.

Old 10-26-2021, 08:26 PM

6,797 posts, read 9,347,476 times
Good for you? At least you were able to make the decision on your own without the threat of losing your job. I don’t have a problem with people making decisions for themselves.

Old 10-26-2021, 08:28 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,956 times
Quote:

Lol, what a ridiculous question. Who freaking knows? For all you know, you could have not gotten a single dose of the vaccine and lived another 50 years. Or you could die tomorrow because some idiot falls asleep at the wheel and drives through your living room. A plane engine could fall off a plane and fall through your roof like in Donnie Darko. Certainly it's possible that you could have some sort of reaction to the booster which causes you to become ill or possibly die. God knows I hope none of the things I've described come to pass, but man is mortal and honestly we are quite squishy (gamer term) when you get right down to it. And let's just say you were actually hurt and/or killed because you took the booster. Would any of us ever actually find that out? Of course not. So what is the point in asking a question which (A.) we can't answer and (B.) would never know we were correct even if we could answer it.

PS. Regardless, I hope you keep on trucking for many years to come Roboteer.

Old 10-26-2021, 08:35 PM

1,137 posts, read 448,545 times
Quote:

The bigger question I have is how much does it protect you, and are there likely to be medical side effects of the vaccine? I don't think there is poison in it that will cause you to die intentionally. But, I do worry with any new vaccine that there could be side effects that will eventually come out causing the drugs to be pulled. Over the course of my lifetime, I have seen many drugs come on the market to great fanfare only to be pulled due to serious side effects. The TV lawyers are always advertising for some drug lawsuit.

I have read the vaccine does not prevent covid, does not prevent transmission of covid, may cause blood clots and other serious side effects and will require boosters which also could present a risk. So, the question is not conspiratorial, it is practical, what benefit does the vaccine provide that makes it worth the normal risk associated with any new to the market drug?

I voted over two years, because you did not put a spot for the vaccine has no effect on my lifespan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies