Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2021, 06:36 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,402,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
As will a mild case of covid.
And what's your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2021, 07:08 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,366,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Do you actually believe only 1,800,000 kids have had Covid? If not, how many do you think have had Covid (a ballpark range is fine)? What's the new percentage, based on that new estimate?

Keep in mind that the CDC estimated that there had been 120 million Covid infections in the U.S. as of the end of May of this year.
After you were called out on using the wrong numbers now you want to question the data. Whatever. I’m getting bored of arguing with illogical and irrational anti-vaxxers.

Old 10-28-2021, 07:11 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,388,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
After you were called out on using the wrong numbers now you want to question the data. Whatever. I’m getting bored of arguing with illogical and irrational anti-vaxxers.
Are you planning on giving your kid an IRRATIONAL FOURTH BOOSTER SHOT?????

Old 10-28-2021, 07:33 AM

4,652 posts, read 4,970,102 times
Quote:
Whoa. Not cool.

My numbers were not "wrong." I was pointing out how minuscule the number of kids that have been hospitalized with Covid as a proportion of the entire population of kids in this country. I was clear that that's the calculation I was presenting.

Since you insisted on using confirmed cases as your denominator instead, I'll ask again (and give you another opportunity to answer without insulting me), do you actually think only 1,800,000 kids have had Covid?

Old 10-28-2021, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Whoa. Not cool.

My numbers were not "wrong." I was pointing out how minuscule the number of kids that have been hospitalized with Covid as a proportion of the entire population of kids in this country. I was clear that that's the calculation I was presenting.

Since you insisted on using confirmed cases as your denominator instead, I'll ask again (and give you another opportunity to answer without insulting me), do you actually think only 1,800,000 kids have had Covid?
And I would argue that your constant downplaying of the dangers of COVID to children is not cool (which is contrary to guidance of infectious disease experts and other medical professionals). Do you actually think only the reported hospitalizations present the total number of kids who suffered severe illness from COVID?

Old 10-28-2021, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Do you actually think only the reported hospitalizations present the total number of kids who suffered severe illness from COVID?
Yes, roughly. If you're that sick, you go to a hospital. That's why people look at hospitalizations as a metric.

Are you going to answer my question?

Old 10-28-2021, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Yes, roughly. If you're that sick, you go to a hospital. That's why people look at hospitalizations as a metric.

Are you going to answer my question?
I think looking at total population is absurd since a huge portion of the population hasn’t gotten COVID yet (including my kids, fortunately).

Old 10-28-2021, 09:45 AM

Quote:
I think looking at total population is absurd since a huge portion of the population hasn’t gotten COVID yet (including my kids, fortunately).
Do you have a ballpark figure for that "huge portion of the population?"

Old 10-28-2021, 09:46 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,788,551 times
Quote:
It isn't. Getting the disease in the first place is a factor in the risk of getting sick or dying from said disease.

You can't drop dead from covid if you don't get it in the first place.

Old 10-28-2021, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
It isn't. Getting the disease in the first place is a factor in the risk of getting sick or dying from said disease.

You can't drop dead from covid if you don't get it in the first place.
Right. This virus has been circulating for almost two years and in that time it's managed to put 0.03% of kids aged 5-11 in the hospital. Given that factual statement, who will argue with a straight face that this is an emergency for kids?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies