Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2021, 04:02 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammythebull View Post
None of those now mandated vaccines were mandated within 5 years of their introduction/use. And those diseases don't mutate and the vaccines provide sterilizing protection. Polio paralyzed what, 15,000 kids per year? The truth is a kid age 5-10 is 10x's more likely to die of suicide than COVID. More likely to die from the flu, drowning, car accidents...
Seems this is getting mandated rather quickly for something much less serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2021, 04:03 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Out of a population of.....something in the 8 figure range.

You're the one missing the big picture. Something like 178 dead out of 50 million. More of that population have died from drowning in a pool. Did we shut down all swimming pools?

Don't pretend the death toll, while unfortunate, is a large percentage of the population.
1) Your numbers are off. This is out of 1.8 million children who have been diagnosed with COVID.
2) By reasonable measures 8,600 hospitalizations and 178 deaths are significant, especially when most could have been prevented (as well as future hospitalizations and deaths) with a widely available vaccine.

Old 10-27-2021, 04:04 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,388,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
They pretty much just admitted that they are openly EXPERIMENTING on people with these "vaccines"
Mengele blushes.

Old 10-27-2021, 04:11 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,788,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
1) Your numbers are off. This is out of 1.8 million children who have been diagnosed with COVID.
A tiny fraction of the overall population.

Quote:
2) By reasonable measures 8,600 hospitalizations and 178 deaths are significant, especially when most could have been prevented (as well as future hospitalizations and deaths) with a widely available vaccine.
You're the one overstating the figures. How do you propose we could have prevented most of those cases in April 2020?

If you think YOUR kids are at risk, jab them with whatever you like. A mandate is not justified given the current data available.

Old 10-27-2021, 04:12 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
You realize it took 6 years to reach 54% inoculated for polio?
This is also a risk of new type of vaccine with no long term dangers known or eliminated from the possibilities thereof.

This is not polio and has a high rate of recovery.
Kids aren't even getting flu shots every year.
Exactly right!

I didn't even know kids were being vaccinated for flu. Why would they be? Anyway, no-one insists on others getting the flue jab. If they want to avoid getting flue, they go and get the jab. I never get flue now that I get the jab annually. I also never have any reactions to the flue jab. I can't say the same for the covid jab though. Hopefully it at least will reduce the severity of the illness, should I (or when I) contract it.

I might never be exposed to it or might never contract it, just like many others who have been exposed to never contract it (or get sick from it). Before the vaccine that is.

Old 10-27-2021, 04:18 PM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Effectively zero risk of COVID? I respectfully disagree. More than 8,600 kids 5-11 years of age have been hospitalized and at least 143 have died since the beginning of the pandemic.

You’re also failing to look at the larger picture that the sooner the population gets vaccinated the sooner we can stop the spread and future mutations of the virus. Don’t pretend that the Delta variant will be the last wave of this, especially with so many people hesitant to get vaxxed.
For the mathematically challenged: 143/73,000,000 = 2.04 x 10^5 = .0000204 = 0.00204%

......... which is to say .......... statistically speaking an effective ZERO probability of death from covid.

Each year, about 784 children drown. Thus the statistical comparison is that your child is about five and a half times more likely to drown than to die of covid. Perhaps you should have the water service to your home shut off. If it saves just one life, it will have been worth your incovenience.

You may as well not throw numbers at me. Because the numbers are on my side and I will only make your paranoia look foolish.

Old 10-27-2021, 04:53 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,990,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Not mine, my youngest will soon need to start school. I will pull her from school if it's ever mandated, and put her in private school, in the usa or abroad. No amount of money will be an obstacle.

My kids will not be guinea pigs.

Kids are already mandated to get many vaccines to go to school. Those vaccines at one time had the same level of trials as these ones. The difference is these vaccines have been given to billions of people and proven to be safe and effective. You probably give your kid OTC drugs that are more dangerous than these vaccines.

Old 10-27-2021, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
For the mathematically challenged: 143/73,000,000 = 2.04 x 10^5 = .0000204 = 0.00204%

......... which is to say .......... statistically speaking an effective ZERO probability of death from covid.

Each year, about 784 children drown. Thus the statistical comparison is that your child is about five and a half times more likely to drown than to die of covid. Perhaps you should have the water service to your home shut off. If it saves just one life, it will have been worth your incovenience.

You may as well not throw numbers at me. Because the numbers are on my side and I will only make your paranoia look foolish.

A child could get a mild case of COVID-19 and pass on the infection to someone at risk and that person dies.Some people still think it is all about "me".

Old 10-27-2021, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Exactly right!

I didn't even know kids were being vaccinated for flu. Why would they be? Anyway, no-one insists on others getting the flue jab. If they want to avoid getting flue, they go and get the jab. I never get flue now that I get the jab annually. I also never have any reactions to the flue jab. I can't say the same for the covid jab though. Hopefully it at least will reduce the severity of the illness, should I (or when I) contract it.

I might never be exposed to it or might never contract it, just like many others who have been exposed to never contract it (or get sick from it). Before the vaccine that is.

A mild case of COVID-19 could be the source of an infection that kills someone else.

Old 10-27-2021, 05:03 PM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
A child could get a mild case of COVID-19 and pass on the infection to someone at risk and that person dies.Some people still think it is all about "me".
And that is exactly what this "vaccine" is supposed to stop. And by you pointing this out, you are essentially agreeing that the "vaccine" is in fact either not a vaccine at all or an incredibly ineffective vaccine. Take your pick.

I am not going to stop eating honey because some people are allergic to bees. If you are allergic to bees that is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to take the necessary precautions, not mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies