Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does the government know how to spend your money better than you do?
Yes 4 7.84%
No 46 90.20%
I don’t know. 1 1.96%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2021, 08:42 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times

Advertisements

Simple question.

I know plenty of you want the government to spend other people’s money on yourself. You may want to stay away from answering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2021, 08:44 AM

21,136 posts, read 19,714,475 times
I assumed by "better" you meant "more wisely" and not "quicker".

Old 10-27-2021, 09:25 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,792,492 times
Absolutely not.

I don't set my money on fire for no reason.

Old 10-27-2021, 09:39 AM

7,368 posts, read 3,529,717 times
Hey, I want a portion of my tax dollars to go to free college tuition for non-citizens. I want free condoms and birth control and abortions so that people can just do whatevs. Who would be against this?

Old 10-27-2021, 10:01 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
if they get their way with an all digital currency - they will be able to tell you what you can and can't buy, and where to spend your money (within a certain distance from your home). If you don't fall in line - they will simply not allow you access to your digital currency. overweight? you can't buy certain foods and might get a tax penalty like in Japan. people wanting more govt. in their lives are going to curse the day it happens.

Old 10-27-2021, 10:04 AM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Of course they do. Why do you think they are reinstituting chattel slavery? Look for that particular amendment to be reversed in the near future. The plantation masters always know what's best for the plantation.

Old 10-27-2021, 10:32 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
the government accepts the loss of taxpayer cash by fraud in every one of their government programs.

Talking to a liberal activist, she is fine with that loss and considers it the price of doing humanitarian work.

She had no problem with the acceptable fraud depriving those who could use the help.

Being cavalier with other people's hard earned money is the role of the government.

the Biden admin gets their government databases hacked all the time and yet wants your bank account number to spy on taxpayers hard earned cash. Giving your bank account number to the feds is as good as giving it to China and Putin and others.

In nature monocultures are the most vulnerable to disease and disaster. Diversity plays a critical role in survival. to have one entity collect all acCounts is folly and goes against the advise your mother gave you.....DON'T PUT ALL YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET"

The IRS needs to be severely reduced wit the use of a flat tax.

If someone tells you government programs are free, they are lying to your face and treating you like a small child. when they say, we have to pass it to find out what is in it", their intent is nefarious.

Old 10-27-2021, 10:40 AM

Not sure who answered yes.

If you think the government can handle your money better, why don’t you give all your money to the government?

Old 10-27-2021, 02:40 PM

4,563 posts, read 4,103,050 times
No. They don’t.

However they do have the power to negotiate for things like healthcare that will be in the long run cheaper.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...es-money%3famp

Could be why most people are in favor of it.

If you think that people are smart enough to know what to do with their own money, then why is it the opposite when it comes to selection of leaders?

Trump didn’t win popular vote. The senate does not represent the majority of the population. Many states a gerrymandered so the party that wins the majority of the votes does not have power. Why aren’t elections holidays. Why do you have to make laws prohibiting giving water to people who stand in election lines. The 6-3 majority in the Supreme Court was almost entirely placed by presidents that did not win the popular vote to get in office.

If people are really so smart they can take care of their own money, then why aren’t they smart enough to get leadership that truly represents them? Why are rules twisted to keep people from being empowered.

Or is this whole thread a BS bait and switch to argue for more tax cuts for the wealthy?

Old 10-27-2021, 05:39 PM

If not, why do we want the government to take more money from us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies