Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2021, 06:28 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
You know those little yard signs, the ones that crop up around election time, that announce a candidate's name and maybe a slogan? I saw one that says "Let's Go Brandon!" It was professionally printed (not handwritten) with the E rendered with the three red horizontal lines, like the ones on Joe Biden's campaign signs. If I didn't know better, I would honestly think that the sign was offering support for someone named Brandon, running in some election. Has anyone else seen signs like this?
I have never put up a political sign in my life. I would love to know where to get these, because I may just start.

Old 10-27-2021, 06:31 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas_n View Post
There was a recently-released rap song called "Let's Go Brandon" in which the artist vents his frustrations with Biden, referred to in the song as "Brandon". The song has blown up and I think is the #1 most downloaded song on iTunes currently. Pretty cool that it's gotten so popular and people are putting up yard signs about it, lol.
Now the #1, #2, #3 & #8 songs on iTunes are versions of Let's Go Brandon. LOL!

iTunes hating in Biden

Old 10-27-2021, 06:33 PM

6,029 posts, read 2,849,862 times
At least around here, I've seen 'Trump 2024' and 'Let's Go Brandon' bumper stickers...

Old 10-27-2021, 06:35 PM

6,811 posts, read 9,357,536 times
I have not seen any yard signs, but I DID see one of those Joe Biden “I DID THAT!” stickers next to the (inflated) price tag for an out of stock (empty shelf) item at the grocery store. And I live in “blue” Colorado. Made my day!

This one: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1058723...36&frs=1&bes=1

Old 10-27-2021, 06:42 PM

1,969 posts, read 676,301 times
If only I had a yard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It's always a benefit, when people label themselves, sincerely.

That way, you know at a glance who you might want to have a conversation with, or who you might want to invite to your neighborhood barbecue.
As if the firery but mostly peaceful leftists want to stop at "conversation".

Old 10-27-2021, 06:45 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,609,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It's always a benefit, when people label themselves, sincerely.

That way, you know at a glance who you might want to have a conversation with, or who you might want to invite to your neighborhood barbecue.
I would still be nice to them if they're nice to me. I wouldn't bring up their sign with them at all. If they pushed me to answer "do you agree?", I would be honest and say "no", but I think we have enough of a problem not knowing or trusting our neighbors to try and create additional issues. I did see one about a year ago (not in my neighborhood) that was a vulgar cartoon of a politician getting peed on. That wouldn't be the first thing I would want people to see in my yard and one of that type does leave a certain impression that someone a bit unhinged lives there. But I suppose if that's the first impression someone wants to give of their home, well m-kay, have at it.

Personally, for me, I wouldn't put up a sign in my own yard because I'd rather be on neutral political ground with my neighbors to avoid drama.

Old 10-27-2021, 06:46 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
The asterisk presidency has officially been reduced to a joke. A yard sign with someone else's name on it, staked on top of a mountain of failures.

Old 10-27-2021, 06:47 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
I carry post it notes that say :

Thank Brandon!

Put them on Gas pumps, closed stores and meat counters.
They work in lots of places.

Old 10-27-2021, 06:49 PM

5,071 posts, read 2,180,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
You know those little yard signs, the ones that crop up around election time, that announce a candidate's name and maybe a slogan? I saw one that says "Let's Go Brandon!" It was professionally printed (not handwritten) with the E rendered with the three red horizontal lines, like the ones on Joe Biden's campaign signs. If I didn't know better, I would honestly think that the sign was offering support for someone named Brandon, running in some election. Has anyone else seen signs like this?
I want to get one!

Old 10-27-2021, 06:51 PM

2,047 posts, read 857,616 times
“Let’s go Brandon” is everywhere. I travel about the country and I do see the signs in peoples yards, I see people wearing the T-shirts even a few hats. I’ve seen big banners on the back of semi trucks, you name it. And I don’t even think this catchy cliché has even peaked yet. Social media is doing its best to try to distinguish it but they can’t.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies