Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2021, 07:33 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,918,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Maybe because it's an unjust law?
This…. There is a difference between laws against stealing, murder, assault, speeding, perjury and laws used to control, such as masks, fines against businesses who won’t mandate vaccines, not allowing citizens to pursue right to work because they won’t comply with rules that is forcing them to put something into their bodies that they don’t trust and doesn’t actually work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2021, 07:35 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
For years, republicans have been telling us that black people "just need to comply with the law"

Why is it that republicans now refuse to comply with the law? = mask mandates

https://www.wusa9.com/article/travel...d-550fbcc1036f

“We’re the punching bags for the public,” Sara Nelson, the international president for the Association of Flight Attendants, said. “It’s been very, very difficult and flight attendants are trying to survive. We’re all so used to the fact that aviation is something that connects all of us, not something that divides us.”

The biggest culprit to the growing anxiety among passengers is the federal mask mandate which was extended by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) until Sept. 13, 2021. The mandate, according to TSA, will help to minimize the spread of COVID-19.

“The mask policies are in place to make sure that aviation and transportation is not helping to aid the continued spread of the pandemic but helping to end it,” Nelson said.

Things have gotten so bad the Association of Flight Attendants, along with several other unions representing flight attendants, sent a letter to the Department of Justice in June seeking help and asking for the criminal enforcement of unruly passengers.

This year alone, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has received more than 3,000 reports of unruly behavior by passengers in the United States. This includes 2,475 reports of passengers refusing to comply with the federal face mask mandate.
NO Law can take my personal liberty, the most sacred right I have.

" Personal liberty, or the Right to enjoyment of life and liberty, is one of the fundamental or natural Rights, which has been protected by its inclusion as a guarantee in the various constitutions, which is not derived from, or dependent on, the U.S. Constitution, which may not be submitted to a vote and may not depend on the outcome of an election. It is one of the most sacred and valuable Rights, as sacred as the Right to private property...and is regarded as inalienable." - - - 16 Corpus Juris Secundum, Constitutional Law, Sect.202, p.987.

”If the state does convert your right into a privilege you can ignore the unconstitutional law and engage in the right with impunity.”
SHUTTLESWORTH v. BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA, 373 US 262

Then there is Marbury v. Madison.
"the Constitution of the United States confirms and strengthens the principle, supposed to be essential to all written constitutions, that a law repugnant to the constitution is void, and that courts, as well as other departments, are bound by that instrument."

Old 10-28-2021, 07:44 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,908,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
If masks work, why don't masks work?

If vaccines vaccinate, why don't these vaccines vaccinate?

Simple questions you would think......

Why conflate racism into this PLANDEMIC???
When all else fails and you don't have an argument, one always resorts to using the race card.

Old 10-28-2021, 07:58 AM

1,952 posts, read 828,379 times
Nice try to weave racism into the mask debate.

Admit it...you are one of the dudes wearing a mask in the car alone...aren't you? LOL

Old 10-28-2021, 08:04 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,164 times
When a perpetrator is saying they can't breathe, we expect the cops to respond to that. When a member of society says they can't breathe with a piece of cloth over their nose and mouth, same thing. People are allowed to breathe.

Anyone who wants to wear a mask, can wear a mask. It's not right to force others to, especially young kids.

Old 10-28-2021, 08:04 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,790,907 times
The AFA and APFA can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.

Unionized American flight attendants are lazy and hostile to customers. Whatever happens to them is on them.

Old 10-28-2021, 08:18 AM

7,353 posts, read 3,525,357 times
You mean like Laws done through executive order or actual laws that go through the legislative process?

Old 10-28-2021, 08:26 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
I’m an independent who thinks masks are worthless based on the available evidence. I’ve always worn a mask anywhere where it’s required. I don’t wear one where it’s “highly encouraged”. Most places where I live dropped the requirement late spring, early summer so I haven’t had to wear one unless visiting a medical facility where they are required.

My kids are school age and have to wear masks all day at school and for sports. I hate it. They are the lowest risk group yet have the most restrictions.

Last edited by MissTerri; 10-28-2021 at 08:37 AM..

Old 10-28-2021, 08:28 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
For years, republicans have been telling us that black people "just need to comply with the law"

Why is it that republicans now refuse to comply with the law? = mask mandates

https://www.wusa9.com/article/travel...d-550fbcc1036f

“We’re the punching bags for the public,” Sara Nelson, the international president for the Association of Flight Attendants, said. “It’s been very, very difficult and flight attendants are trying to survive. We’re all so used to the fact that aviation is something that connects all of us, not something that divides us.”

The biggest culprit to the growing anxiety among passengers is the federal mask mandate which was extended by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) until Sept. 13, 2021. The mandate, according to TSA, will help to minimize the spread of COVID-19.

“The mask policies are in place to make sure that aviation and transportation is not helping to aid the continued spread of the pandemic but helping to end it,” Nelson said.

Things have gotten so bad the Association of Flight Attendants, along with several other unions representing flight attendants, sent a letter to the Department of Justice in June seeking help and asking for the criminal enforcement of unruly passengers.

This year alone, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has received more than 3,000 reports of unruly behavior by passengers in the United States. This includes 2,475 reports of passengers refusing to comply with the federal face mask mandate.
A mandate is NOT a law. If I tell the government to get stuffed on a mandate I'm not breaking any laws. The mistake in the topic here is just to obvious to even explain further.

Old 10-28-2021, 09:26 AM

18,129 posts, read 25,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Nice try to weave racism into the mask debate.

Admit it...you are one of the dudes wearing a mask in the car alone...aren't you? LOL
Depends on what I had for dinner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies