Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2021, 01:15 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
I'm not an attorney and nothing in the letter reflects authority being taken away from the local jurisdictions. You bring up an example someone not in that area would have heard about, did those protesters become violent, make threats against the Mayor, was a police officer on site? Because nothing in the memo suggests that any action is to be taken "against peaceful protestors"
The story being something that no one outside of the area has ever heard of is irrelevant and inaccurate.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...1c4_story.html

If you don't consider that to be intimidation and harassment, then I don't know what to tell you. Just admit it: you think that it's okay for people to harass public officials when it's for a cause that you personally approve of, but it isn't okay to harass public officials over causes that you don't approve of. And that's that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2021, 01:16 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
well.. I know about the letter. I fully agree with Cotton. In fact since the day the Fascist Garland sent his letter, I have been Thanking GOD ALL MIGHTY for Mitch McConnell's refual to allow this man an vote for SCOTUS. He freaking saved America.

There never has been any argument by those of us on the right (both politically and literally) that making threats are ok. What isnt OK is for the federal government to start making lists of parents who oppose policy positions of the left and investigating them like they are terrorists.

threats are illegal. local law enforcement is present at these hearings and are fully capable of arresting and investigating any individual who issues a threat. THESE ARE LOCAL MATTERS.

What Garland and his boss LetGoBrandon did was try to shut down opposition to pernicious leftist ideology being taught to children.
You don’t appear to know about the letter….

The FBI specializes in tracking down threats and anyone is free to ask the FBI to partake as often laws overlap between FEDs and states. A lot of local departments can only handle so much or they don’t handle anonymous threats and will refer to the FBI for assistance. I can guarantee you the police department where I went to school couldn’t figure out a case involving anonymous threats; theyd ask a higher law enforcement agency for help.

Your view is totally politically biased and ignores the fact the FBI often works with local law enforcement on matters.

Old 10-28-2021, 01:22 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
At least I'm "whinging" about something that exists. You know that someone is violating federal law. You don't know who, and you don't know which law they violated, but you know.....that it happened. Okay, then.
Looky there, you're wrong again.

Where did I ever claim someone was breaking federal law?

Why do you struggle with comprehending plainly written English so much?

Old 10-28-2021, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Looky there, you're wrong again.

Where did I ever claim someone was breaking federal law?

Why do you struggle with comprehending plainly written English so much?
"Holding his feet to the fire for what? Saying the DOJ would stand against violations of federal laws? Stop the press!"

So what are you talking about here, exactly?

Old 10-28-2021, 01:27 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
The story being something that no one outside of the area has ever heard of is irrelevant and inaccurate.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...1c4_story.html

If you don't consider that to be intimidation and harassment, then I don't know what to tell you. Just admit it: you think that it's okay for people to harass public officials when it's for a cause that you personally approve of, but it isn't okay to harass public officials over causes that you don't approve of. And that's that.
Great a story link from 2020, still never saw or heard of it and it doesn't apply. Why don't you post to yourself because you are creating answers to nothing that I said but you won't answer the specific questions that I asked "Why do you condone open season on these school members?"

Old 10-28-2021, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Great a story link from 2020, still never saw or heard of it and it doesn't apply. Why don't you post to yourself because you are creating answers to nothing that I said but you won't answer the specific questions that I asked "Why do you condone open season on these school members?"
Who cares what you saw or heard? You certainly have a high opinion of yourself, don't you? I don't know how much more plainly I can put this. I don't know what "intimidation and harassment" of a public official is supposed to mean, and apparently neither do you. It sounds like it could include publicly protesting against that official's policies to me. Now I'm done with you, I'm tired of writing the same things over and over.

Old 10-28-2021, 01:48 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
As has been pointed out here several times, Cotton was referencing a letter that Garland had no part in creating or sending. Cotton confirmed just how much of an intentionally ignorant ass we have always expected him of being. Grandstanding is no substitute for knowing what you’re talking about.
I think it's in reference to the memo Garland wrote, asking the FBI to get involved. From this article:

https://www.usnews.com/news/educatio...-board-threats

Quote:
Under increasing pressure from Republicans who have called on Garland to retract the directive, the attorney general once again clarified that the memorandum he issued earlier this month is directed at "concerns about violence, threats of violence, other criminal conduct."

"That's all it's about. And all it asks is for federal law enforcement to consult with, meet with local law enforcement to assess the circumstances, strategize about what may or may not be necessary to provide federal assistance, if it is necessary," he said.
There is no reason for the FBI to get involved in this other than to intimidate parents. Period. And that's why he will not rescind his memo.

Old 10-28-2021, 01:51 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,352,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Democrats have no shame, nor any remorse for crimes they commit for the marxist cause. They absolutely feel that "the ends justify the means" and they are perfectly fine with breaking the law and infringing (if not eliminating) individual rights to achieve their marxist dream.

Liberals are very sick individuals who have no place in a civilized society, as they do not believe in, nor have respect for, the rule of law. To a liberal, the law is simply a weapon to be used to attack opponents of marxism, not rules of daily behavior to which all should abide.

Being "ubermensch", the liberals feel they are above the law, as laws are only for "little people" who are not gifted with their tremendous marxist insight.
I don't think that you could have stated that any better, great job!!!

Old 10-28-2021, 01:51 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
"Holding his feet to the fire for what? Saying the DOJ would stand against violations of federal laws? Stop the press!"

So what are you talking about here, exactly?
What is it about future-tense that is confusing, exactly?

Old 10-28-2021, 01:54 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,352,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
Ted Cruz, Tom Cotton, Josh Hawley, and Lindsay Graham all mopped the floor with Garland. I seriously thought at one point he was going to cry. It was glorious.
Indeed it was. I expected him to cry "Mommy they're pickin' on me".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies