Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2021, 04:01 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
Hmmm...Except No-one ever Threaten members of the School board... never proven,...not even Close~!!!

JUST SOME Leftoid School Board Members 'Flailing about' over heated arguments (which happen quite a bit at school board meetings).----- Perhaps School Boards Members should find other work???

???
https://www.wptv.com/news/local-news...ganized-effort

It's almost as if they want things investigated because they greatly disagree with you... a nobody... that somehow knows better than the people actually there....

The FBI is there as an asset for local departments when they don't have the ability or cannot handle things like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2021, 04:24 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
damn. that one deserves its own thread.

Feel free!

Old 10-28-2021, 04:42 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
By that standard, DOJ has no business getting involved with threats to politicians or anyone else.
Where was the threat? And, are we in this instance talking about politicians?

And please tell us what you mean when you say "anyone else"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The best idea would be to simply issue everyone on both sides a revolver and let them sort things out among themselves.
So, by the standard you say above, the FBI should be involved in everything, don't give a damn if it's a local problem or not? Damn, that fits right in with, get rid of the local PD.

Old 10-28-2021, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
https://www.wptv.com/news/local-news...ganized-effort

It's almost as if they want things investigated because they greatly disagree with you... a nobody... that somehow knows better than the people actually there....

The FBI is there as an asset for local departments when they don't have the ability or cannot handle things like this.

LMAOROTF.....

Then please tell us, what the LOCAL police did in this instance that you provided that could not be taken care of by the local PD and the FBI had to be called in:

Quote:
"Parents are going to kick down my door and drag me out by my hair," Brown said. "I had to have my husband go through my emails for about a week because they were so nasty. It's a lot of, 'We're going to take you out,'" explained Brown, a Democrat, who serves on the board in Sarasota.
That is your link. Do you think the local PD is irrelevant and has to call in the FBI?

Old 10-28-2021, 05:16 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
LMAOROTF.....

Then please tell us, what the LOCAL police did in this instance that you provided that could not be taken care of by the local PD and the FBI had to be called in:

That is your link. Do you think the local PD is irrelevant and has to call in the FBI?
To deal with emailed and mailed threats or anonymous voicemails?

Absolutely. The FBI specialty, not most local PD departments.

Old 10-28-2021, 05:23 PM

Quote:
To deal with emailed and mailed threats or anonymous voicemails?
Is that what we are talking about in this thread? If it is, then please provide proof that proof. If you cannot, you're just moving the goal post.

Quote:
Absolutely. The FBI specialty, not most local PD departments.
Again, in this instance, provide the proof of what you've said that has to do with this OP.

Old 10-28-2021, 06:49 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Thank God Garland didn’t make it on the Supreme Court

Old 10-29-2021, 04:15 AM

8,044 posts, read 10,638,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
ted cruz tore merrick a new one too.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/27/cruz-s...cation-company

so did josh hawley.
So what? Just a show to placate the peasantry. They talk a big game. They get brownie points, it's satisfying for people to watch the show, but nothing will happen to Garland. Absolutely nothing. Cruz knows it, Hawley knows it, and so does Merrick Garland.

Political theatre. That's all it is.

Do not be fooled by these charades. Everything will move forward exactly as it is intended to.

Old 10-29-2021, 07:15 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Exactly, there is no federal law being violated here. You've been caught talking about things you don't know anything about, now you're just talking nonsense to try to cover it up.
I never said any federal laws were being violated. Neither did AG Garland's memo, that I can tell. It simply said that if federal laws were violated, his DoJ would react. That doesn't seem controversial to me.

Your straw men aren't helping your argument.

Old 10-29-2021, 07:38 AM

1,069 posts, read 746,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Dunno, I reffed/umped for youth (mostly under 12 regular city league). Parents are crazy. Most of the time you could settle things down by talking to the coach. Anymore fans on your sidelines threatening to beat the expletive out of you expletives addressed at the 10-year-old kids would not be tolerated. A few times it wasn't and the police had to be called to make arrests, fortunately not for any games I was involved in but while I was there and saw it happen, yes. And this is how excited some of them get over Johnny playing soccer. I can only imagine how excited some of them could get over other things.
Unruly and violent parents should be deal with by local law enforcement. The FBI investigates major federal crimes outlined in 18 U.S. Code Title 18 Crimes and Criminal Procedures and has no such jurisdiction in these matters. I posted a link to 18 USC if you care to review it. Any self respecting police chief or sheriff would tell G-Men entering their jurisdiction to investigate protesting parents to "Beat it! and go look for some bank robbers, terrorists or kidnappers!"

AG Garland's letter directing the FBI to investigate and intimidate protesting parents was the greatest abuse and over reach of the FBI since the Hoover era.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies