Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2021, 06:01 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,746,079 times

Advertisements

yikes, spoke too soon. Turns out the progressives are caving after all and didn't publicize it yesterday:
https://www.politico.com/playbook

the devil is in the detail, what they think they are agreeing too may not be reality so it remains to be seen how this plays out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2021, 06:32 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,999,404 times
More cost burdened on the middle class tax payer to continue to support the useless bums that sit at home and crap out kids they can’t afford

Old 10-29-2021, 07:31 AM

1,954 posts, read 836,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
It is hard to believe they were elected to begin with.

`
Many of those who vote for them come from or are descendants of people who came from places where the masses have always been controlled by and submitted to the whims of those in power. They want to be told what to think and do.

Old 10-29-2021, 07:38 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,773,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So what is the Republican counter infrastructure bill? Nothing? Republicans know we all need to grow up and recognize we're too poor of a country and in too much debt to afford it.
The Republicans already agreed to an infrastructure bill. It could have passed months ago, but Pelosi won't allow a vote on it unless it gets tied to a multi-trillion dollar social giveaway bill.

Where have you been to not be aware of this?

Republican senators agree to bipartisan infrastructure deal

(CNN)House Speaker Nancy Pelosi made clear on Thursday that the House won't take up the bipartisan infrastructure bill until the Senate passes a larger spending package through budget reconciliation.

Old 10-29-2021, 07:44 AM

29,592 posts, read 14,725,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Wait. Didn’t President Potato have a press conference this morning saying they had reached an agreement?
I watched it and there were some things mentioned that just didn't make sense. I for the most part agree we need to keep investing in infrastructure. He made it sound like our countries infrastructure is the worst it's been in decades, so does that mean the last big infrastructure bill for $830 billion that was passed only 12 years ago was a big failure ?

I'd love to see the breakdown of that bill , and what happened to all that money. It just seems like $830 billion would have gotten us in better shape, so that we didn't need to spend $3.5 trillion. How could things have gotten so bad in only 12 years ?

Old 10-29-2021, 07:44 AM

30,321 posts, read 23,800,844 times
Are you telling me that for the 1st time ever in my life, I need to thank....the whiny progressives?

Dear God, I hope this story is true.

Edit: Of course they caved.

Pansies.

Old 10-29-2021, 07:46 AM

9,327 posts, read 16,685,918 times
Default GOP Turncoats

"Nineteen Republicans joined Democrats in voting for the bipartisan infrastructure deal on Tuesday. They are:
Roy Blunt of Missouri
Richard Burr of North Carolina
Bill Cassidy of Louisiana
Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia
Susan Collins of Maine
Kevin Cramer of North Dakota
Mike Crapo of Idaho
Deb Fischer of Nebraska
Lindsey Graham of South Carolina
Chuck Grassley of Iowa
John Hoeven of North Dakota
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky
Lisa Murkowski of Alaska
Rob Portman of Ohio
Jim Risch of Idaho
Mitt Romney of Utah
Dan Sullivan of Alaska
Thom Tillis of North Carolina
Roger Wicker of Mississippi"

Old 10-29-2021, 07:53 AM

30,321 posts, read 23,800,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
"Nineteen Republicans joined Democrats in voting for the bipartisan infrastructure deal on Tuesday. They are:
Roy Blunt of Missouri
Richard Burr of North Carolina
Bill Cassidy of Louisiana
Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia
Susan Collins of Maine
Kevin Cramer of North Dakota
Mike Crapo of Idaho
Deb Fischer of Nebraska
Lindsey Graham of South Carolina
Chuck Grassley of Iowa
John Hoeven of North Dakota
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky
Lisa Murkowski of Alaska
Rob Portman of Ohio
Jim Risch of Idaho
Mitt Romney of Utah
Dan Sullivan of Alaska
Thom Tillis of North Carolina
Roger Wicker of Mississippi"
Thanks. I know who to vote against when the time comes. I think I'll send the turds a letter, as well.

Old 10-29-2021, 08:05 AM

17,020 posts, read 12,621,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
We seem to have reached a point where the socially engineeried control system (aka matrix) has reached a point of diminishing returns. More and more energy is required to maintain the matrix, while it begins to produce less and less output. The cost is exceeding the benefits.

Entropy has overwhelmed them.

Soon they will turn against each other. Some may lose their minds. Politics and media will become increasingly bizarre, as the matrix starts popping gaskets and blowing O rings.

I never expected this to happen so quickly. So which side are moderates and righties suppose to take here? For me it's the one that restricts spending, unlimited QE, debt monetization, handing out money like candy, and collapsing all the bubbles. Maybe the one that bans ownership of real estate by entities with more than $50M in assets, and foreigners. I know, free market... well we can't have large highly liquid entities like Blackrock buying up all the real estate in the world. So that would be neither side, nor the republicans either, because nobody in office now will ever do anything to help the middle class in this matter. Virtually all policy made by the swamp creatures helps the top and bottom.
One side believes in unlimited market. = Kochotopia or a complete new gilded age complete with monoploies.
One side believes in unlimited government. = woketopia

Old 10-29-2021, 09:00 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,909,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
You might think the progressives could not be this stupid, ok maybe you did lol, but they did it, they just tanked the Democrats for years to come. They just now refused to bring the bipartisan infrastructure bill to a vote as Pelosi & Biden demanded because they didn't get their way on their 10 year net $6 trillion dollar welfare reconciliation bill

There is NO WAY MANCHIN will give an inch more than he did to get the 1.75T framework, the progressives played their hand to the maximum possible and were not smart enough to take it.

Now there is NO DEAL to push McAuliffe in the Virginia governor's election on Tuesday and the Democrat party is now in full civil war. They will not get anything done, no welfare bill, no infrastruture bill, no nothing heading into an election year in 2022.

The progressives are done, they are finished. They will NEVER come close again to this much power. All downhill from here

RIP and good riddance

Dems punt House infrastructure vote in blow to Biden agenda
The left is frustrated over pared-back social spending. Speaker Nancy Pelosi wanted to show momentum on Thursday
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/1...mocrats-517416

This is the single greatest post I have ever read on this entire forum.

America's back baby
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies