Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2021, 07:40 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderic View Post
If you are not a US citizen and you voted, that is fraud. Your ID from whatever your birth country is valid, but this is a US election, so that make your ballot illegal. So first you voted, that is fraud number one, then once your illegal ballot is counted, that is fraud number two. You may believe in whoever you voted for, but you are not eligible to vote in a US election.

Now, if you are a US citizen and you voted in an election where no ID is required, then no fraud occurred. But the point of an ID is to discourage non-citizens from voting. Unfortunately, we cannot count on the honor system and hope that non-citizens will respect the idea that only citizens should vote, hence, the ID requirement.
Bzzzt!! Wrong answer.

In all states, you must show proof of citizenship to register to vote in a national election. No registration, no vote.

Care to try again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2021, 07:53 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
First, make election day a federal holiday.
Get rid of mail in ballots for those who do not have a valid reason to have one.
The ONLY people who should receive a mail in ballot are people who are disabled, and military personnel who are out of the country, and that's it.

As in years past, candidates running for office, made sure people voting their party, got transportation to the polls.
That was not an issue.
For those voting by mail, their ballots must be postmarked no later than the last day of October.
All mail in ballots would be counted, and accounted for before the general election in November.
The only voting on election day would be done in person, at the polls.
ID would be required for anyone voting.
If you can't furnish ID, then you can't vote.

The reason this is not being done presently is because it is much to simple, and those in charge want confusion so the voting public doesn't have a clue what is going on.
Meh. Still waiting on proof of all this "fraud" the crazies carry on about.

I don't need anymore federal holidays. The system as is, is fine. It's a waste of resources, time, energy, everything to require everyone to have to go to certain locations to fulfill a task that a simple ballot in the mail can.

Mail in voting needs to be expanded.

Old 11-08-2021, 09:35 AM

1,874 posts, read 649,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Bzzzt!! Wrong answer.

In all states, you must show proof of citizenship to register to vote in a national election. No registration, no vote.

Care to try again?
But if ID is not required on election day, then registration status is pointless.

Old 11-08-2021, 06:40 PM

Quote:
But if ID is not required on election day, then registration status is pointless.
Well in this country we use signature verification of ballots compared to the one when you registered. Strike 2.

Old 11-08-2021, 06:53 PM

1,152 posts, read 617,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
1) The founding fathers used property owners as a proxy for "the rich
Maybe so, but I think it is very wise to only allow productive members of society the sacred right to vote.

Old 11-08-2021, 06:56 PM

Quote:
The threshold was eased over time from land ownership to simply proving one's citizenship. That is reasonable.
Not in my eyes, I want lawful, productive citizens to have a say so in my destiny and livelihood.

Old 11-08-2021, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stank1964 View Post
Not in my eyes, I want lawful, productive citizens to have a say so in my destiny and livelihood.
Kind of a slippery slope, isn't it? Maybe some billionaire politician will decide that you don't measure up.

Old 11-08-2021, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Well in this country we use signature verification of ballots compared to the one when you registered. Strike 2.
Then your signature is your ID. Go strike yourself.

But the point remains that one way or another, voter ID is a valid argument. If you can make the effort to register to vote, then sign the ballot on election day, then what is the point of grousing about getting a FREE state ID to go along with it? Because a signature can be forged much more easily than an ID. YOU do not like the ID because the ID have your photo, your address, some personal data such as hair color and height/weight, and a sign from the government that the ID is sanctioned.

Anyone who looks at an ID is obligated to look at the person and at least a cursory examination of the data contained. Cannot do that with a signature. Opposition to a PHOTO ID is tantamount to setting the stage for voter fraud when there is a need for a fraud.

Old 11-08-2021, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Because Dems didn't start cheating until Trump won.
Right, Trump could not be allowed to succeed and stand. As a non politician, he had to be defeated otherwise no establishment politician would ever stand a chance. So, when he could not be defeated by rigging the election information machine with a completely false narrative (dirty dossier), the Democrats learned that they could not trust the vote and the voters. The knew they needed to have a much more direct way to a win on election night. So in 2020, once the vote margin was clear, they went from vote counters to voters, long after the polls were officially closed. The somehow came with hundreds of thousands of votes. That my friends is how you “win” aka rig an election.

Old 11-08-2021, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stank1964 View Post
Lawful? Most people would qualify.

Productive? What are the criteria? Income level? Duration? Sources? Allowed to have period of unemployment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies