Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2021, 07:11 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,795,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
In a free society there has to be rules to protect the right of everyone and that puts limits on the rights of everyone. Why do we have speed limits? Traffic signals? Stop signs? Why can't you keep things like plutonium or anthrax in your home? The problem with COVID-19 is people who are not vaccinated are more likely to infect other people and those people can infect other people. That makes it a public health problem. We have a long history in the country of requiring vaccines.

The alternative is anarchy.
Yes, 'anarchy' of living alongside of people who don't care about their health, and having to pay for their bad decisions. I'd like to require everyone to be tested for Vitamin D every 6 months, and maintain a level of at least 50, and exercise daily. That way, I would be protected from sickly people spreading things around. Who do I speak to about that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2021, 07:17 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Johnson & Johnson hasn't been approved by the FDA. How can they mandate a drug that's still, technically, experimental?
I think that pointing that out is what pushed the FDA to give approval to Pfizer.
When people began to point that out then BOOM!, approval came quickly.

Coincidence?
I think not.

Old 10-30-2021, 07:19 AM

8,410 posts, read 4,571,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
J&J should have been a two dose in the first place. The desire to have a one and done which is so useful in so many circumstances resulted, IMO, in a bad decision. J&J jabees should run not walk to the nearest pharmacy and get a Moderna or a Pfizer if they can't find Moderna.

The fact that the government/FDA is now promoting mix and match vaccination but only mentioning,as an example in the literature, going from J&J to Moderna or Pfizer without saying you can't go the other direction should tell you something. They REALLY want mRNA in your body.

Last edited by clutchcargo777; 10-30-2021 at 07:32 AM..

Old 10-30-2021, 07:22 AM

8,410 posts, read 4,571,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Yes is the answer to every one of your questions. The COVID-19 vaccines have been given to billions of people and had trials in numerous countries. Few other vaccines or drugs can say that.

So they've had billions of phase 3 guinea pigs. That should make everyone feel better. I guess we should sit on our hands and wait for the results of all those tests.

Old 10-30-2021, 07:23 AM

4,605 posts, read 3,295,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
What about protecting the rights of those who don’t want the injection?
You are wanting complete autonomy in how you treat this situation, and this is not possible because there are some rights which are not protected in order to ensure the greater good of mankind.

If we don't stop this thing, it is a certainty that a variant will arise which will not be affected by the vaccines we now have. If that happens, our present way of life will be a thing of the past; the economy will fail first because no workers, then when supplies disappear from the shops, we will be back to a place where no one wants to be. I can't even imagine how bad that will be, and people who are now whining about their rights will really be in a worse place, along with the rest of us.

Old 10-30-2021, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
The fact that the government/FDA is now promoting mix and match vaccination but only mentioning,as an example in the literature, going from J&J to Moderna or Pfizer without saying you can't go the other direction should tell you something. They REALLY want mRNA in your body.
It's the creepiest thing. They want it in every body, regardless of how badly the vaccines are performing, the adverse events, or the risk level of the individual. They want it in every body even though the mandates are destroying economies and civil society. It's insane.

Old 10-30-2021, 07:25 AM

43,054 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Mandates have been issued on a state by state basis. Name another President who has mandated vaccinations. President Roosevelt did not mandate the small pox vaccination (Jacobson v. MA). General George Washington mandating small pox vaccination on his troops?

Plus did Biden's Executive Order go through Congress? Why do we have a Congress at all?
Well someone has to raise taxes and spend all that money.

Old 10-30-2021, 07:27 AM

43,054 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Yes, 'anarchy' of living alongside of people who don't care about their health, and having to pay for their bad decisions. I'd like to require everyone to be tested for Vitamin D every 6 months, and maintain a level of at least 50, and exercise daily. That way, I would be protected from sickly people spreading things around. Who do I speak to about that?
You're easy on the people.
Me...test their BMI and make them lose weight. Overweight/obesity has driven health care costs through the roof. Over $200 billion a year in medical costs for overweight/obesity ailments.

Old 10-30-2021, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
You are wanting complete autonomy in how you treat this situation, and this is not possible because there are some rights which are not protected in order to ensure the greater good of mankind.

If we don't stop this thing, it is a certainty that a variant will arise which will not be affected by the vaccines we now have. If that happens, our present way of life will be a thing of the past; the economy will fail first because no workers, then when supplies disappear from the shops, we will be back to a place where no one wants to be. I can't even imagine how bad that will be, and people who are now whining about their rights will really be in a worse place, along with the rest of us.
Vaccinating everyone during a pandemic might cause that. Vaccinating with a non-sterilizing vaccine might cause that also.

We don't know enough about these vaccines long term to KNOW if vaccinating everyone is in the 'greater good of mankind.' It might be the worst catastrophe imaginable. Besides, every authoritarian atrocity has been ushered in on the 'greater good' promise.

Old 10-30-2021, 07:29 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post

A variant that bypasses the vaccines completely is an inevitability.

Delta already evades most of the nAbs these vaccines creates, and is easily jumping from vaccinated individual to vaccinated individual. All that mass vaccination does in this scenario is apply a strong evolutionary selective pressure to Delta to completely avoid all the nAbs the vaccines produce, and even hijack them to invade your monocytes and macrophages (ADE).

These vaccines cannot give us herd immunity. They don’t work well enough. We can vaccinate 100% of the population- no herd immunity. I think this has been clear now, but yet keeps coming up as a talking point.

You’re not getting rid of this virus. It should now be clear it should be “warp speed” on therapeutics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies