Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2021, 07:31 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,791,701 times

Advertisements

Republicans have a history of cutting taxes.

Democrats have a history of raising taxes.

I like keeping my hard-earned money. And yes, it's important - I'm part of the 39% or whatever the percentage is these days that pays net taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2021, 07:35 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Let’s cut to the chase: why do non-wealthy people vote Republican? It’s bizarre. The Republicans clearly favor the interests of big business and the ultra-wealthy. The Ayn Rand wing of the party wants to turn the clock back to the 1890s, with no rights for working people and complete corporate dominance. They have largely succeeded.

The only explanation I can think of: since 1992, the Democrats have become a Republican Party clone, at least on economic issues. If that’s true, the only thing that differentiates the two parties is their stance on cultural issues. So working class people who are white, gun-owning, religious, and anti-abortion vote Republican. I suppose that’s rational. If they have no choice but to vote against their economic interests, they might as well vote for the party that aligns with their cultural beliefs.

Maybe if the Democrats had some stones and returned to their working class roots, they would get more working class voters. The whole Trump phenomenon might not have happened if the Democrats would have stood up to the neoliberal assault on working people. Unfortunately, the Democrats were probably too dependent on corporate money for that to happen.
Freedom, less regulation, capitalism and more. Why do you ask?

Look at how the democrats run their states during a pandemic compared to the republicans. Do you want to live under a communistic type of government or have some freedom?

Seems simple enough.

Old 10-30-2021, 07:47 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Not anymore. The democrat party left the blue collar workers and went globalist. They no longer look out after the American worker as they out source all the work to China and other countries. Nafta was passed by Clinton with bribed votes to get it passed. The democrats are so extreme in their global ideology they put illegals and opened borders before Americans.. that has been the truth.
I’m not suggesting that blue collar workers should vote for Democrats. They probably shouldn’t, since they aren’t much different than the Republicans on economic issues.

But why should blue collar workers vote for Republicans? The whole globalist agenda was a right wing policy. Shame on the Democrats for going along with it, but it started out as a Republican idea.

Right now, the only rational choice for most Americans is to vote for a third party or not at all.

Old 10-30-2021, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Freedom, less regulation, capitalism and more. Why do you ask?

Look at how the democrats run their states during a pandemic compared to the republicans. Do you want to live under a communistic type of government or have some freedom?

Seems simple enough.
Freedom for who? Freedom to do what?

Less regulation is bad for everyone except business owners and corporations. Regulations protect the public from dangerous products, abuse of labor, dangerous work environments, environmental pollution, etc.

The “blue” states did a better job at keeping the pandemic under control, at least after the first wave hit and everyone realized how fast it could spread.

There are no US states that have communist governments. If you think there are, please give examples.

Old 10-30-2021, 07:54 PM

13,447 posts, read 4,289,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Republican policies concentrate wealth.
No. Their policies is about the private sector above government. Democrats want a bigger government (with them and their friends in charge) at the expense of the private sector.

Old 10-30-2021, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
No. Their policies is about the private sector above government. Democrats want a bigger government (with them and their friends in charge) at the expense of the private sector.
That’s a good thing, because the private sector works only for private interests. Only the government works in the public interest.

Old 10-30-2021, 07:59 PM

1,154 posts, read 274,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Uh, Big Business and the Ultra-Wealthy donated and voted Democrat in 2020.

The Democratic Party is becoming the party of the Elites, and the Republican Party is becoming the Worker's Party.

Hardly. Workers know trickle down economics is useless to them.

Old 10-30-2021, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I
But why should blue collar workers vote for Republicans? The whole globalist agenda was a right wing policy. Shame on the Democrats for going along with it, but it started out as a Republican idea.
ot at all.

Because compared to Democrats, Republicans are for lower taxes and a priority for the private sector and jobs and I don't mean government jobs but private sector jobs.

Democrats push for massive cheap immigration to keep wages down but want taxes up because they want a bigger government and that isn't cheap. That's why I vote Republican 99.9% of the time. I want to keep more of my money in my pocket and I want private sector jobs and I like to decide my own things not most of the government.

Old 10-30-2021, 08:03 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,472 times
I’ve lived in an area with total democrat control trust me it did not favor poor people. It was expensive, the property taxes and business taxes were so high and there was so much paperwork and bureaucracy involved that the poor and working class were totally priced out of home and business ownership, there was no middle class or class mobility, there was no growth at all, homeless people all over the place, many of the poor were relegated to projects. It was a terrible place to live. Meanwhile down south the poor and working class largely own homes and cars and many own small businesses and are working their way up, there’s a large middle class, life is largely affordable for the general population, criminals are prosecuted, there’s literally no homeless people at all because rent is so affordable. Much better quality of life down here. If you’re a poor or working class person you are infinitely better off in Florida or Texas than you are New York or California.

Old 10-30-2021, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concreteblonde View Post
Hardly. Workers know trickle down economics is useless to them.

Democrats do believe in trickle down economics. The worst one, the one that trickles from the government and makes everybody miserable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies