Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2021, 04:06 PM

831 posts, read 333,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdfr View Post
I have some younger friends I am very worried about getting this crap...... I have a feeling I didnt help with getting thier parents to realise how bad this is but maybe I have I dunno... I havent talked to any of them really since they found out I didnt get this toxin!!

Good for you...... I bet the doctors,etc tried to scare you into allowing it!!

Im proud of you!!
Oh yes, with the first child it being our first child in general and then having to tell them no it was kind of scary but we stood our ground, mostly me because wife was in pain and then exhausted. After that it was fairly simple, we just had a birth plan and let our OB know LONG before the birth we didn't do that stuff. With our first son we also had to deal with my mother and grandmother trying to guilt us into circumcising him and we refused, it's a pointless surgery and we stood our ground both boys are uncut, we have even had several nurses applaud us quietly because they are supposed to toe the line when it comes to vaccines etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2021, 04:09 PM

609 posts, read 265,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I have an 80 year old relative with cancer that got the covid vaccine and he’s totally fine. Kids getting this shot will be perfectly fine. Republicans are just going to be upset that the pandemic will end on Biden’s watch. Stay salty y’all.
I agree. EVERYONE I know who got the covid vaxx is just fine. But I do know quite a few people who refused the vaccine and they are dead now.

But whatever (shrug). If people don't want the vax they should not take it. I just won't be donating money to their Go Fund Me's to pay for their funeral expenses or medical bills.

Old 10-30-2021, 05:01 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrcollie View Post
I agree. EVERYONE I know who got the covid vaxx is just fine. But I do know quite a few people who refused the vaccine and they are dead now.

But whatever (shrug). If people don't want the vax they should not take it. I just won't be donating money to their Go Fund Me's to pay for their funeral expenses or medical bills.

Amazing how many people you know. I work in healthcare here in Chicago and I'm exposed every single day and so are all my coworkers. I have friends and family in 2 different countries. ( Sweden, USA)
I don't know anybody that died from Covid. And here you are, knowing several people who passed away. And they were all unvaccinated too! Amazing. You really do keep track on all your friends.

But I do know.one person , a very close friend, who was hospitalized from covid 2 times, but he took the vaccine. He also has a lot of underlying conditions and a diabetic so his odds of getting sick is obviously much higher.

Old 10-30-2021, 05:11 PM

17,424 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Amazing how many people you know. I work in healthcare here in Chicago and I'm exposed every single day and so are all my coworkers. I have friends and family in 2 different countries. ( Sweden, USA)
I don't know anybody that died from Covid. And here you are, knowing several people who passed away. And they were all unvaccinated too! Amazing. You really do keep track on all your friends.

But I do know.one person , a very close friend, who was hospitalized from covid 2 times, but he took the vaccine. He also has a lot of underlying conditions and a diabetic so his odds of getting sick is obviously much higher.
I would say most people know of someone who's died of covid.

I know of two - one in the very beginning of the pandemic last year and one last week. Both unvaccinated.

But I'm not vaccinated either - and I've had covid (as has many MANY of my friends and relatives) and all of us are alive and just fine.

It's not weird to know of someone who's died of covid - no idea why you think that.

Old 10-30-2021, 05:14 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I dont know. The lady on the news said covid is becomming increasingly dangerous for children.
Seriously, they actually said that when pushing the jab, er i mean evening news.
And you believe, hook line and sinker, what that lady on the news said about covid and kids? Or about anything, for that matter.

They will say anything to push the agenda..

Old 10-30-2021, 05:23 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I would say most people know of someone who's died of covid.

I know of two - one in the very beginning of the pandemic last year and one last week. Both unvaccinated.

But I'm not vaccinated either - and I've had covid (as has many MANY of my friends and relatives) and all of us are alive and just fine.

It's not weird to know of someone who's died of covid - no idea why you think that.
I didn't say it was weird to know someone that died of covid. ...

I said it's amazing to know many people that died and to top it off, to know that all of them were unvaccinated.
Oh, and to know someone personally is not the same as know of someone. And I think that's what people referring to. They know of someone. Like their neighbors cousin's brother in law.

Old 10-30-2021, 05:24 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,710,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I have an 80 year old relative with cancer that got the covid vaccine and he’s totally fine. Kids getting this shot will be perfectly fine. Republicans are just going to be upset that the pandemic will end on Biden’s watch. Stay salty y’all.
I'm glad your 80-year-old relative is totally fine(did the vaccine also cure his cancer?). Of course, that has about as relevance to a parent's choice to give or not give their child the COVID vaccine, as my next-door neighbor's second cousin once removed on their father's side telling us what they had for lunch.

As for your assertion that the kids will be totally fine, I hope you don't mind but I will make my own decisions whether or not to give my child a vaccine with unknown long-term issues, actually in the case of kids even unknown short term issues. For a virus that for kids in this age group have an almost 100% survivability rate if they even get COVID to begin with.

Old 10-30-2021, 05:29 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
That was from April. The Israelis are now going to vaxx their 5-11 year old's, following the FDA's approval.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/pm-ben...-11-year-olds/

Old 10-30-2021, 05:39 PM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I dont know. The lady on the news said covid is becomming increasingly dangerous for children.
Seriously, they actually said that when pushing the jab, er i mean evening news.
Yeah, she lied.......again.

Old 10-30-2021, 05:41 PM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
So the overwhelming majority of immunologists, researchers, FDA advisory panel, FDA, CDC, and especially pediatricians across the whole damn planet recommend the vaccine for children yet the anti-vaxxers who spread lies like butter on bread find one guy "from Harvard" who disagrees and we are all supposed to forget the rest and do what this guy says. OK..makes sense.
The same ones that said kids are not at risk.
Do you believe everything they say even as it repeatedly changes and gets contradictory?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies