Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2021, 09:28 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Why didn’t you bother doing any research before buying your vacation condo?
No idea what you mean. I was referring to my regular home.

Old 11-01-2021, 09:30 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Practically every news channel claims Tucker Carlson's January 6th documentary could send the country into a Civil War.

Which goes along with what I've been saying for years. Fox News could start a Civil War any time they want to.

http:////www.city-data.com/forum/pol...l#post47920256

http:////www.city-data.com/forum/pol...l#post50816028

http:////www.city-data.com/forum/pol...l#post59051548

http:////www.city-data.com/forum/pol...l#post60119609

http:////www.city-data.com/forum/pol...l#post60517131

http:////www.city-data.com/forum/pol...l#post61054300
Surely you jest. America doesn't revolve around citi-data or even Fox News. Fox News has only little more than 2 million viewers every night.

Old 11-01-2021, 09:34 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
The OP should move to china then!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-XQSffVpfY
I recall Trump wanted big national parades to show the US and the world how great America, thus Trump, is.

There seems to be an obsession with best/worse instead of different.

Old 11-01-2021, 09:41 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Surely you jest. America doesn't revolve around citi-data or even Fox News. Fox News has only little more than 2 million viewers every night.
To put this into perspective, the NFL commands 17 million + viewers, up 17% from last year.

Old 11-01-2021, 09:43 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,289,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Authoritarianism is the only solution
No

You think that’s the only solution because you fear that your side can no longer compete in a fair election.

Old 11-01-2021, 09:47 AM

1,866 posts, read 647,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
The USA's standing as a world superpower is on the decline, this is obvious. The emergence of Trumpism shows us how far we have fallen. This is far more a psychological observation than political. In 2016 we watched a complete charlatan, an inept loud-mouth bumbler, worm his way into the US Presidency simply through the use of populist propaganda. This showed the world what we had become, with crystal clarity.

There are two reasons why someone like Trump reached the White House. First, the general decline of American critical thinking skills and knowledge of history which set the stage for easy manipulation; and secondly, the emergence of the Internet, which allows the instantaneous transmittal of disinformation and extremist ideas to hundreds of millions. If you have any doubt, just try to follow the "reasoning" that Trump followers use to justify their self-destructive positions, right on this very forum.

The winners of course will be China and Russia who see the blood in the water, and are piling fuel on the fire to quicken the pace of America's destruction from within. The losers will be the American people and other freedom lovers all over the world, as the balance of power shifts to the authoritarian East.
Disclosure: Am a refugee from communism, an emigre to the US, a naturalized citizen, and a veteran.

Regarding the highlighted...

First, for all the decades I lived in the US and grew up under the US education system, it has been the ideological Left who controls the education system. Today, I am absolutely convinced that had I not lived a previous life before coming to the US, I would be among those who you listed as lacking in critical thinking skills and knowledge of history. So if you want to point finger, rotate left.

Second, the Internet is a great invention, in my opinion, among the greats that mankind yet produced. And it came from the US. Just because YOU do not like one type of information does not mean the Internet itself is bad. Might as well be like medieval Church and blame the printing press.

Third, Americans, as a whole, is not stupid. One criticism about American stupidity and ignorance is based on the amount of passports as 'proof' of that criticism. That is laughable. At any time of the year, there are tens of thousands of Americans overseas, from military, to business people, to missionaries, to tourists. They spend any time from a few days to a few years among the natives. When I was active duty, I spent years overseas, from the UK to CONEUR to the ME. I was in Berlin when East Berlin existed. These Americans continuously create a live update composite image of the world outside the US. They tell their families, colleagues, and friends of what they experienced. This composite image of the world is not perfect, but it is much better than most other countries have for their citizens. Most peoples of the world do not have the education, the wealth, and the opportunities to travel like Americans do. Americans prefers to be -- 'misunderestimated'.

Fourth, the US is not an 'empire'. The word 'empire' is used today more rhetorically and barely descriptively. Look at the USSR if anyone want to see an 'empire' that is more aligned to historical empires. But for the US-haters, inside and outside of the US, when the Soviet empire broke apart, and I was active duty when it did, they need another boogeyman, and when the US was examined in historical perspective, they found that the US lacked many features that historical empires exhibits. Without an ideological boogeyman, they have no raison d'etre, so what else to do but to expand the definition and context of 'empire' to suit their needs. The one thing I do admire about the Intellectual Left is that they are excellent with words and language.

Old 11-01-2021, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
If say Trump or DeSantis runs for the GOP in 2024 and loses in an election close like 2016 and 2020 were. I think this will be a watershed moment. Already this year the VA gov. race is not even over and the chatter is that the dems are stealing votes. Every race a GOP does not win now its constant election fraud chatter.

The GOP loses again in 2024 and that will be the start of riots and unrest like we have never seen before. A civil war would not start with half the country fighting the other half. It would start with protests that get out of hand and grow. Like the way a wildfire starts. People are angry and frustrated. The never ending pandemic does not help either. Everyone is on edge. So you bring in the national guard and swat teams to stop the Trump protesters. And half agree with the protests and jump to their side to fight with them.

And what happens if Trump wins? And it becomes obvious that he won because several of the swing states that changed their voting systems simply flipped the results to Trump regardless that the dem had more actual votes. Like they tried to do in 2020. We learned in 2020 that the election numbers mean little. Its certifying a winner and the electors. That is dangerous.

Well this time they will have a way of actually pulling that off. Will dem voters just go along with that? I don't see that. As it stands now about half the people in both parties want to see the country split up. I don't see how we avoid civil war.
Chatter comes from discredited sources, such as Alex Jones saying Democrats already have pre-printed ballots stored up somewhere for the VA election to bring out if and when needed. As long as there are Republican, Democrat and Independent vote counters watching each other, there is little if any room for vote fraud to take place.

Nah, as long as we're not under a major recession or worse the Second Great Depression, I don't see much widespread disorder happening no matter who wins the president election. Why make waves, if you got a full time job? But if unemployment is like at 20%, then look out. Many troublemakers don't have full time jobs.

Old 11-01-2021, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderic View Post

Fourth, the US is not an 'empire'. The word 'empire' is used today more rhetorically and barely descriptively. Look at the USSR if anyone want to see an 'empire' that is more aligned to historical empires. But for the US-haters, inside and outside of the US, when the Soviet empire broke apart, and I was active duty when it did, they need another boogeyman, and when the US was examined in historical perspective, they found that the US lacked many features that historical empires exhibits. Without an ideological boogeyman, they have no raison d'etre, so what else to do but to expand the definition and context of 'empire' to suit their needs. The one thing I do admire about the Intellectual Left is that they are excellent with words and language.
Interesting how the U. S. has military bases in 80 countries, yet it seems it can't be considered an empire by historical standards. Some of those bases have thousands of troops.

Old 11-01-2021, 10:09 AM

1,866 posts, read 647,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Interesting how the U. S. has military bases in 80 countries, yet it seems it can't be considered an empire by historical standards. Some of those bases have thousands of troops.
Historically speaking, military garrisons were there to support land that were TAKEN or at least under a colonialist program. Today, because the US must be a boogeyman, the reasons (plural) for a military garrison must be expanded to include allies who HOST a US military garrison. By that broadened definition, even a US Coast Guard consultant to a host country would turn that country into part of the US 'empire'.

Old 11-01-2021, 10:21 AM

1,912 posts, read 1,127,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You mean like the Brits, Aussies, Germans, and Canucks (the later who lost more as a percentage than the USA in Afganistan) who were there in spades? Remember, it was YOUR generals who said that their go to were the Canadian special forces if they needed a difficult situation developed.
You are correct. They were great, and their help is deeply appreciated.

However, not all of the countries above spend the Nato-required minimum on their militaries. They all should, to lessen the burden on US taxpayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies