Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think teaching that white people are evil or racist is widespread in America's schools?
Yes 83 68.03%
No 30 24.59%
Don't know/ Not sure 9 7.38%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2021, 06:09 PM

10,451 posts, read 4,038,191 times

Advertisements

Well, back in 1987 when I was in 5th grade, we were given booklets on how the US was stolen land from the Native Americans and how we should make it our duty to locate our ancestors and move back to where we came from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2021, 06:12 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Our rural school district got a $4 million grant from the government. To get it they had to teach CRT. They quit as soon as they got the money.

Old 10-31-2021, 06:14 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Well, back in 1987 when I was in 5th grade, we were given booklets on how the US was stolen land from the Native Americans and how we should make it our duty to locate our ancestors and move back to where we came from.
Well, the land was taken away. Another note, I was never taught that I needed to locate my ancestors and "go back where I came from" by any teachers. I went to school in the 1990s and early 2000s.

Old 10-31-2021, 06:23 PM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
For those who voted yes, you’re completely detached from reality.
That’s absurd. We all know how slavery was taught in school.

“Whites kidnapped black Africans, enslaved them, never gave them anything, and that led to our current black population.”

No mention of africa capturing its own people to put up for sale, the dozens of black slave owners in America, Democrats being the party of slavery, KKK, and Jim Crow, or the fact that America has the largest and richest black population of any developed country on earth. A long with the only black head of state of any developed country.

Nope, just whites are permanent villains and blacks are permanent victims.

Old 10-31-2021, 06:35 PM

3,648 posts, read 3,784,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
I think it is happening in schools where the white kids are in the minority. If not built into the curriculum, then it's some kind of bullying in the classroom. How widespread it is, I can't say.
It is happening in schools that are more than 90% "white" in small western towns.

Old 10-31-2021, 06:35 PM

8,336 posts, read 2,963,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, the land was taken away. Another note, I was never taught that I needed to locate my ancestors and "go back where I came from" by any teachers. I went to school in the 1990s and early 2000s.
If you believe the land was taken away, it’s not yours. Why haven’t you left this stolen land?

Old 10-31-2021, 06:40 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
According to this article, a mother in Loudoun County, Virginia says her 6-year-old child asked her if she was 'born evil' because she's white.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/loudoun-c...-because-white

Do you think that this kind of racial vilification is widespread in America's schools? Have you seen evidence that it's happening in your school district?
No, I think that is ridiculous. I can't speak specifically for Loudoun County, although I am very suspicious of this mother story. "Something she learned in a history lesson at school," the Mom said. Since when do 6 year-olds have History class?

Old 10-31-2021, 06:49 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
That’s absurd. We all know how slavery was taught in school.

“Whites kidnapped black Africans, enslaved them, never gave them anything, and that led to our current black population.”

No mention of africa capturing its own people to put up for sale, the dozens of black slave owners in America, Democrats being the party of slavery, KKK, and Jim Crow, or the fact that America has the largest and richest black population of any developed country on earth. A long with the only black head of state of any developed country.

Nope, just whites are permanent villains and blacks are permanent victims.

Every word of that is true.

That doesn't make white people evil. Slavery is an evil institution. It doesn't matter what other countries did, or whether some blacks owned slaves or what party supported it. Slavery is evil. To their credit, some white people recognized that and freed their slaves. To their shame, others didn't.

Thomas Jefferson was a slaveowner. I don't think of Jefferson as an evil man, but he did participate in that evil institution. There's no denying the truth.

Old 10-31-2021, 06:52 PM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post

Every word of that is true.
Not at all.

Quote:
Africans played a direct role in the slave trade, kidnapping adults and stealing children for the purpose of selling them, through intermediaries, to Europeans or their agents.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_slave_trade

Quote:
In 1830, there were 3,775 black (including mixed-race) slaveholders in the South who owned a total of 12,760 slaves,
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slav..._United_States

You can’t frame the history of African Americans in the lenses of a victim. None of use have been slaves, a lot of our ancestors were never slaves, not all whites were the devil, and a lot of white people died to end slavery.

Yes Thomas Jefferson owned slaves, and he’s still on Mount Rushmore, telling you Americans accept that slavery was part of American history. Despite liberals attempting to cancel confederate statues.

Old 10-31-2021, 06:59 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Some educaters clearly are, we've seen and heard them admit it.
Well as usual few specifics only claims that it's nuanced without any real proof. People are just parroting right wing politicians, after this year they will move to something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies