Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2021, 05:24 PM

1,936 posts, read 821,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Drivers and dock workers are just making it easier to replace them with automation.
So instead of having drivers in trucks waiting for hours to be loaded and unproductive, we will have automated trucks sitting around for hours being unproductive.

Spoken like a true bureaucrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2021, 05:26 PM

1,936 posts, read 821,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
I agree, and I think it's largely a problem that was touched on in this article. Declining union membership is the issue. We saw a lot of prosperity in the country with higher union membership. Once that control goes back to owners, and away from unions/etc., we see more and more problems come up. If more people in all parts of the supply chain were unionized, there'd be a structure to push for more than just maximizing profitability (which is NOT the same thing as maximizing the supply chain).
Sure do wish I could find that chart that shows how unions have increased productivity. I looked for hours and still can't find it. I'll get back to you when I do.

Old 10-31-2021, 06:13 PM

19,024 posts, read 27,585,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Another crisis of "inept management."

https://medium.com/@ryan79z28/im-a-t...d-bbe0ebac6a91

"My prediction is that nothing is going to change and the shipping crisis is only going to get worse. Nobody in the supply chain wants to pay to solve the problem. They literally just won’t pay to solve the problem. At the point we are at now, things are so backed up that the backups THEMSELVES are causing container companies, ports, warehouses, and trucking companies to charge massive rate increases for doing literally NOTHING.

Moderator cut: copyright violation"

OK, look. England has major gasoline delivery crisis because they lack 300 drivers to deliver it to stations. 300!!! And after multiple parliament sessions, they can't solve that puzzle and Johnson left for vacation in Spain. Maybe there he will have some insight.
But here's the kicker. This is how such things were ALWAYS resolved before:
YOU TAKE 300 MILITARY DRIVERS AND LET THEM RUN DEM TRUCKS.

Same is more than applicable here. You don't have drivers - you send guardsmen.

Even better, as I said before. Give people 10% of what's in them containers and it will all be unloaded and delivered in 3 days.

Different story is, someone, who has control over the key logistics points, pulled the plug and their goons in governments suddenly got pea brains and can't solve basic issue.

Real question is - who has such power. That should be resolved. Then, strip them naked, cover in tar, roll in feathers, and run through the cities, giving ten whips on every intersection.

Old 10-31-2021, 06:42 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Florida ports have been opened for 24/7 for a long time now. Florida is buzzing . No empty shelves here. DeSantis does it right.

Old 10-31-2021, 07:01 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Mayor Pete just took a break from his paternity leave to say that the supply chain problems won’t end until the pandemic does.
butt-edge-edge: useless affirmative action hire.

Old 10-31-2021, 07:05 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,899,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
butt-edge-edge: useless affirmative action hire.

Another anti-Chest Feeding bigot I see!

Old 10-31-2021, 07:18 PM

78,382 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Mayor Pete just took a break from his paternity leave to say that the supply chain problems won’t end until the pandemic does.
You mean Mayo Pete the racist? #primaries

Old 10-31-2021, 07:25 PM

78,382 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
I agree, and I think it's largely a problem that was touched on in this article. Declining union membership is the issue. We saw a lot of prosperity in the country with higher union membership. Once that control goes back to owners, and away from unions/etc., we see more and more problems come up. If more people in all parts of the supply chain were unionized, there'd be a structure to push for more than just maximizing profitability (which is NOT the same thing as maximizing the supply chain).
Nothing busts a union like off-shoring and importing lots of illegal labor. #bipartisanship

Old 10-31-2021, 07:37 PM

2,367 posts, read 909,018 times
Sholomar, as a truck driver, have you been driving nonstop these past couple of months? That is, if you have not retired from driving. What's going on with the trucks' chassis shortage?

Old 10-31-2021, 07:40 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
I blame "Just in time' deliveries. They ain't in time for anything anymore. Not the truckers fault which is due to the pandemic.
Please stop blaming the problems that governments caused on the pandemic.

For starters, governments created the damn virus in the first place.

Then they let it escape containment.

Then they destroyed the economy and created the supply chain issues with shutdowns and other restrictions.

Then they facilitated the largest transfer of wealth in history, moving an estimated trillion dollars from the lower & middle class to the 1% by forcing everyone to do most of their shopping through Amazon, Walmart, Target, etc., obliterating small businesses across the country.

Then they LIED to you about creating the virus and tried to cover it up.

Just stop defending them. They don't deserve it. They caused ALL of this, and NOTHING they're doing is making ANY of those problems better. Whether intentional and malicious or just sheer incompetence, these people don't deserve your defense of them. They deserve your anger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies