Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2021, 01:57 PM

23,586 posts, read 12,535,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I already said I couldn't click on it because I'm in a place where I can't use audio.

I don't know what that thing is, and I believe whoever that is probably said F Trump.

But he's an entertainer.

Just full of excuses for one of your trashy own, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2021, 02:20 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Simple solution: "We have a happy birthday request for Lesco Brandon. Happy Birthday Lesco Brandon. I hope you have a great day Lesco Brandon. Thank you for flying with us today Lesco Brandon."

Old 11-01-2021, 07:29 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Freedom of speech is attacked and it came from the politically correct snowflakes who has to control everyones speech today but not their own.
I haven't seen anyone here saying that the pilot shouldn't be able to have his political opinions or voice them on his own time. But most jobs like this that are dealing with the public have rules about their employees prosthelytizing their political views on the clock with customers. That's different than if he is out doing it on his own time.

Or if he's not okay with that rule that his employer has, he needs to get a job campaigning for a politician and then he can prosthelytize all he wants. He's not a victim. He has other options if that's not good for him, but that doesn't make him entitled to just say anything he wants when he's at work.

Old 11-01-2021, 07:49 PM

25,744 posts, read 18,809,520 times
You mean they still haven't sent in the US Department of Inquisition? Need to get this guy into one of the camps. Get him some "help."

Old 11-01-2021, 07:49 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
Media and the "Insecure" generation of anxiety driven always medicated are now being set up. This will lead to mandated and a well promoted Big Pharma push for forced sedatives for those who get "traumatized" by a simple flashpoint Pavlovian catch phrases.

Great way to control people. I can picture elitists chomping at the bit to implement another 'Soviet Amerika' solution.
Are you ok?

Old 11-01-2021, 08:58 PM

4,208 posts, read 4,457,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Are you ok?

Forgot the sarcasm emoticon... LOL

Old 11-01-2021, 09:04 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Showing disrespect to American flag and anthem during a football game = becomes an American hero in the eyes of leftists

Showing disrespect to a demented old man = place under investigation

Welcome to 2021

Old 11-01-2021, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
As much as I agree that the current president (and adminstation as a whole) is an embarassment, there's nothing at all 'innocent' about that expression... and the pilot was out of line. His job is to fly the plane, not provide polictical commentary.
So what’s the job description of an NFL player?

Old 11-01-2021, 09:08 PM

4,507 posts, read 4,045,228 times
Let’s Go Brandon has already gone nuclear. Not critical mass, nuclear. Are they sure they want to make this move? That’s a mighty big force that’s looking at it RIGHT NOW

Old 11-01-2021, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
I haven't seen anyone here saying that the pilot shouldn't be able to have his political opinions or voice them on his own time. But most jobs like this that are dealing with the public have rules about their employees prosthelytizing their political views on the clock with customers. That's different than if he is out doing it on his own time.

Or if he's not okay with that rule that his employer has, he needs to get a job campaigning for a politician and then he can prosthelytize all he wants. He's not a victim. He has other options if that's not good for him, but that doesn't make him entitled to just say anything he wants when he's at work.
Like Colin Kaepernick?

Did you get a boner when many cops took a knee last summer with the BLM protesters?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies