Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2021, 03:16 PM

4,546 posts, read 2,269,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
I'm feeling pretty joyful this morning. A glorious day in America.

Yes today is glorious!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2021, 03:22 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,379,585 times
blame the left. its all about creating micro intersectional groups then pit those groups against one another.... then control just enough to cobble together a majority.

its very nasty stuff but the left works day in day out to offend one group on behalf of another group then blame the offended.

Old 11-03-2021, 03:23 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
This is a true statement.

i am tired from staying up late last night enjoying the ride.

Old 11-03-2021, 03:25 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
Look at the positives. Though I'm trying to decrease my screen time, we are entering some of the most exciting times to be a PC geek in some time, with AMD giving Intel some competition, we are seeing jumps in computing power that are quite remarkable compared to what the 2010's gave us, where Intel gave us incremental upgrades that kept us at quad core for what seemed like forever... with Intel's socket 1170 with z690 that has DDR5, PCI Express 5, and Intel Alder lake launching tomorrow... being able to buy a 12600K and build a budget powerhouse that has 6 big cores and 4 efficient cores if you choose DDR4 is pretty exciting, to me. Find your passion.

The world only seems dystopian if a person's inputs are toxic. Garbage inputs = garbage outputs... so if you can't take this forum lightly, take some time off from it. Turn off the mainstream media. If you live in a Covid infested hellhole where everyone is diapered up, or you want to live in an area where people are playing it safer because you think it's a good thing and that not wearing masks is irresponsible, then move. Find your happy. Stop getting upset because you can't make the entire population assimilate to your world-view. Learn to adopt a live and let live demeanor.

Old 11-03-2021, 03:49 PM

6,115 posts, read 4,607,373 times
The dystopian narrative the OP provides has really hit rural areas harder IMO. It seems more jarring simply because they used to have many of the opposite characteristics (cheer, neighborliness, optimism) and now they many, in my experience, seem more standoffish, distrustful and physically look like they're falling apart. There are major exceptions in some urban areas where there is lots more homelessness and drug use though, so that isn't the case across the board.

Old 11-03-2021, 06:01 PM

4,232 posts, read 2,456,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
The dystopian narrative the OP provides has really hit rural areas harder IMO. It seems more jarring simply because they used to have many of the opposite characteristics (cheer, neighborliness, optimism) and now they many, in my experience, seem more standoffish, distrustful and physically look like they're falling apart. There are major exceptions in some urban areas where there is lots more homelessness and drug use though, so that isn't the case across the board.
As someone who lives in flyover rural America, I can attest to this. Rural America has been ravaged by drug use, suicides and obesity.

Old 11-03-2021, 06:04 PM

24,627 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Yup, America is back!

The start of a new red wave.

Old 11-03-2021, 06:16 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The world is becoming increasingly grim and soulless. Everyday the news is filled with non-stop violence and hatred towards each other. School kids assaulting each other in all out mayhem, random people being knifed and assaulted on the streets, someone being killed due to road rage, airline passengers assaulting everyone, repeat criminal offenders being released onto our streets, mass shootings, ludicrous medical mandates, loss of patriotism, the list goes on and on and on. And this is just the United States.

How I deal with it is how I have dealt with it for a long time. I am pretty much a homebody and have no qualms staying inside watching TV, working out, cooking, etc. In my own little private bubble I have never felt more happy and free.
About all of the above has been going on for decades with kids wondering what was going to become of the world. I was one of those kids. Now I'm an older adult wondering the same thing.

Old 11-03-2021, 06:21 PM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
This world is becoming an increasingly grim and joyless dystopia
That's what happens when evil consumes a civilization. And those responsible WANT you to be joyless and miserable. It's their primary motivation in life.

Old 11-03-2021, 06:27 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
For many people, even in America, things have always been a hopeless dystopia.
But as one of my favorite sayings goes, "Life is how you make it".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies