Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2021, 01:16 PM

927 posts, read 586,516 times

Advertisements

Gamers naively think this will all blow over (it could if humanity keeps it's cool) but knowing how the CCP thinks and act and watching China Uncensored https://www.youtube.com/c/ChinaUncensored/videos
to learn about troop movements and such I don't believe this is over by a long shot! We have an incompetent President with no backbone so he can be easily backed into a corner and not even know what the hell is going on (and I believe his handlers know however) and we are embarrassingly dependent on them to feed us so we can't bite the hand that feeds us so to speak and ugly times are ahead for us gamers.

If war does break out over Taiwan that will only further hamper supplies similar to 1940 when embargos were places on Belligerent Nations and massive shortages occurred over political pressure no different then now what we are facing. From Nintendo/Sony to car companies to computer chip manufactures to engine companies if you need engine replacements for something:
if you want to score that awesome gaming card without scalper's prices good luck! In fact they have caught on to buying a junk computer just for the graphics card which Linus Tech Tips has a video about recently whether it's worth buying a prebuilt computer to junk the rest of it for the GPU only:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKVt0w7ZYeU&t=1s

I personally believe this is why BOTW2 is delayed as Nintendo had plans to make it part of the 35th Anniversary Event along with other stuff they had to cancel because of events going on and now are constantly in a back peddle stage not sure when to release or announce further. They are told by their government 'Things will improve' only for it to not and their lockdowns extending further and further as civil rights are suspended.

Thinking like an investor would I don't blame them one bit for being overly cautious in announcing new stuff and that's why the NSO price hike and hiccups are occurring as it was rushed due to having to have SOMETHING out this year to cover the lack of 1st party stuff and it was meant to be released next year more polished with the 38 other games leaked and issues fixed regarding controller pack,etc.

Same with Mario Party SuperStar's having so few boards it's a last minute Covid thing to keep us happy and likely add new DLC boards where they can work from home. Here's hoping and part of the game for free?
They don't have to do physical copies this way as I said the chip shortages and threats of war both home and abroad for them. Japan is raising their army to pre WW2 levels limits not seen since.

They know the Korok is about to hit the fan and it's not going to be pretty when it does. Make of this what you will but we are seeing the beginning's of the gaming and electronic industry crash. If we keep our cool we can make out the otherside and a new era will occur if we aren't all forced to be chipped that is.

Mid term 2022 in the US is our next defense mode so us Americans vote correctly: even if you don't agree with them in some social things vote for those not wanting tyranny lockdowns over those that do as they will as the bible say 'tickle your ear' for things that sound pleasing to you but have no intention of actually delivering.

Here is the latest China Uncensored video FYI:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQTBEUNht9k though this is a good one:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59US114ANxs C
Chinese presitator Xi Jinping has been fighting a hidden enemy since he took power. That enemy, former Chinese leader Jiang Zemin, left office in 2003, but never really relinquished power. Now factional infighting in China's Communist Party is heating up as Xi and Jiang battle for dominance ahead of a major meeting next year. That meeting will decide whether Xi stays leader for a third term, something Jiang hopes to avoid. Watch this episode of China Uncensored for more on the General Hostilities drama, which leader controls which parts of the country, and what happened with Xi's predecessor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2021, 02:32 PM

4,903 posts, read 3,361,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DibDobDub View Post
Ya, kind of sucks being a PC gamer right now. Can't get an RTX anywhere. Then the PS5 is elusive aswell. My sister in law bought my brother a PS5 for christmas. She spent $1200. It was unexpected, and my brother felt awkward knowing she spent that much.

Only thing I'm looking forward to this year is Battlefield 2042.
She bought it from a scalper didn't she. Sigh...

Old 11-01-2021, 02:54 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanRabbi View Post
Gamers naively think this will all blow over (it could if humanity keeps it's cool) but knowing how the CCP thinks and act and watching China Uncensored https://www.youtube.com/c/ChinaUncensored/videos
to learn about troop movements and such I don't believe this is over by a long shot! We have an incompetent President with no backbone so he can be easily backed into a corner and not even know what the hell is going on (and I believe his handlers know however) and we are embarrassingly dependent on them to feed us so we can't bite the hand that feeds us so to speak and ugly times are ahead for us gamers.

If war does break out over Taiwan that will only further hamper supplies similar to 1940 when embargos were places on Belligerent Nations and massive shortages occurred over political pressure no different then now what we are facing. From Nintendo/Sony to car companies to computer chip manufactures to engine companies if you need engine replacements for something:
if you want to score that awesome gaming card without scalper's prices good luck! In fact they have caught on to buying a junk computer just for the graphics card which Linus Tech Tips has a video about recently whether it's worth buying a prebuilt computer to junk the rest of it for the GPU only:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKVt0w7ZYeU&t=1s

I personally believe this is why BOTW2 is delayed as Nintendo had plans to make it part of the 35th Anniversary Event along with other stuff they had to cancel because of events going on and now are constantly in a back peddle stage not sure when to release or announce further. They are told by their government 'Things will improve' only for it to not and their lockdowns extending further and further as civil rights are suspended.

Thinking like an investor would I don't blame them one bit for being overly cautious in announcing new stuff and that's why the NSO price hike and hiccups are occurring as it was rushed due to having to have SOMETHING out this year to cover the lack of 1st party stuff and it was meant to be released next year more polished with the 38 other games leaked and issues fixed regarding controller pack,etc.

Same with Mario Party SuperStar's having so few boards it's a last minute Covid thing to keep us happy and likely add new DLC boards where they can work from home. Here's hoping and part of the game for free?
They don't have to do physical copies this way as I said the chip shortages and threats of war both home and abroad for them. Japan is raising their army to pre WW2 levels limits not seen since.

They know the Korok is about to hit the fan and it's not going to be pretty when it does. Make of this what you will but we are seeing the beginning's of the gaming and electronic industry crash. If we keep our cool we can make out the otherside and a new era will occur if we aren't all forced to be chipped that is.

Mid term 2022 in the US is our next defense mode so us Americans vote correctly: even if you don't agree with them in some social things vote for those not wanting tyranny lockdowns over those that do as they will as the bible say 'tickle your ear' for things that sound pleasing to you but have no intention of actually delivering.

Here is the latest China Uncensored video FYI:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQTBEUNht9k though this is a good one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59US114ANxs C
Chinese presitator Xi Jinping has been fighting a hidden enemy since he took power. That enemy, former Chinese leader Jiang Zemin, left office in 2003, but never really relinquished power. Now factional infighting in China's Communist Party is heating up as Xi and Jiang battle for dominance ahead of a major meeting next year. That meeting will decide whether Xi stays leader for a third term, something Jiang hopes to avoid. Watch this episode of China Uncensored for more on the General Hostilities drama, which leader controls which parts of the country, and what happened with Xi's predecessor.

Ummmm........................ who gives a crap about PC gaming?

The world would be a better place if people got off their butts, took a walk or went for a jog, or got interested in golf, tennis or hiking instead of sitting in front of a computer playing video games.

PC gaming, in my opinion, is an addictive pursuit that removes people from active social activities or other worthwhile pursuits.

Old 11-01-2021, 03:03 PM

43,096 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

The world would be a better place if people got off their butts, took a walk or went for a jog, or got interested in golf, tennis or hiking instead of sitting in front of a computer playing video games.

PC gaming, in my opinion, is an addictive pursuit that removes people from active social activities or other worthwhile pursuits.
You think people are gaming 24/7 ????

Gaming is a nice pastime in the evening...better than glued to the TV for hours that's for sure.

Old 11-01-2021, 03:07 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,886 times
Quote:
You know you can have both right? PC gaming is just a hobby and like any hobby, you can balance it out with real life.
It's also bizarre to say gaming isn't social. Video games are the biggest way I can actually *do* something with friends and family who live in different states or countries. Chatting for an hour or two while playing a game is a much better way to keep in touch with someone than just calling them every once in a while.

Last edited by Lekrii; 11-01-2021 at 03:23 PM..

Old 11-01-2021, 03:11 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,987,383 times
Good. Have you seen how fat these tubs of lard kids are these days? 'gaming' should be the last thing kids are doing. When I was a kid we never even came in from playing outside until after dark. Now you can't even get these useless, lazy losers to mow the lawn

Old 11-01-2021, 03:14 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Ya, kind of sucks being a PC gamer right now. Can't get an RTX anywhere. Then the PS5 is elusive aswell. My sister in law bought my brother a PS5 for christmas. She spent $1200. It was unexpected, and my brother felt awkward knowing she spent that much.

Only thing I'm looking forward to this year is Battlefield 2042.
That is crazy. There's a whole system for snagging a PS% and I could have helped -- got one for my son last fall.

We tried from the get go with no luck.....but I started following a couple of guys on Twitter and they know their stuff. Within a week of paying attention to their hints, suggestions and updates and we had one.

Old 11-01-2021, 03:15 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Good. Have you seen how fat these tubs of lard kids are these days? 'gaming' should be the last thing kids are doing. When I was a kid we never even came in from playing outside until after dark. Now you can't even get these useless losers to mow the lawn
You don't know any gamers do you?

Old 11-01-2021, 03:23 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Wow, did it not ever occur to you that people can do/have interest in 2, 3 or more things?

Amazing, isn't?

Amazing how I was not only a gamer, but at the same time active duty in the Navy, competitive body builder, and did muay thai including competing locally and regionally, all at the same time.

Old 11-01-2021, 03:33 PM

2,017 posts, read 3,523,041 times
I have so many games in my backlog, if they quit making games today I'd have plenty to play for the rest of my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies