Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2021, 07:37 AM

17,536 posts, read 13,324,825 times

Advertisements

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ayaan-...hite-supremacy

Quote:
Ali blasted comparisons of Georgia's election law requiring voter ID to "Jim Crow," saying doing is to "implicitly express contempt for the victims of Jim Crow and those men and women who fought against White supremacy."

She then offered a warning.

"The ideology that threatens us today and has the potential to grow in our society is a different one. It goes by many names, but I will call it wokeism," Ali said. "In fact, in an eerie way, it has remarkable similarities with White supremacy."

After saying that wokeism and White supremacy share the same ranking, with White people at the top as "oppressors" and Black people at the bottom as "victims," Ali said that "the woke" say things like "marriage, punctuality hard work, hygiene, individualism, objective truth and the notion of lifting yourself up by your bootstraps" are "manifestations of Whiteness." And that according to wokeism, Jewish people are simply considered "White" despite how "not so long ago" there was a "serious attempt [that] was made to eliminate Jews because they were considered a nuisance to the White race."
Scary stuff!

The USA is skating on thin ice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2023, 11:52 AM

9,830 posts, read 7,254,477 times
She'll always be a hero of mine for speaking the truth about the horrors of Islam and Islamism, which is a poison on this world. The regressive/illiberal/woke left are so endlessly stupid on this whole topic. Not all liberals are of that mindset, FYI.

Old 03-23-2023, 12:10 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Ayaan Hirsi is an incredible person, her back story is amazing. She's one brave woman to have gone through what she has. She is smart and articulate.

I'm saying of that independent of her comments on woke, although I do agree with her sentiments.

Old 03-23-2023, 01:42 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,664,586 times
no idea who that is but good for them. I do not like toxic, divisive wokism either.

Old 03-23-2023, 05:03 PM

1,885 posts, read 1,001,235 times
I don't like the helpless victimhood, nor the pitting of races against each other.

That being said, "personal responsibility", while valuable in itself, is often used to ignore real systemic and cultural issues that actually pan out in real data.

Also, "woke-ism" is a disfigured term. I see nothing wrong with the original definition of "aware of racial prejudice and discrimination and its multi-generational effects". The political hijacking and nebulization of the term is something else.

Old 03-24-2023, 05:53 AM

3,743 posts, read 1,440,675 times
Same. First off not all woke people are like what right wing and at times left media describes. Some woke people do mean well. Thier are two terms for woke. The orgonal term being alert or aware of rwvial injustice, than you havr the broad term of woke which means white academic illiberals who want to turn society upside down in the name of equity, inclusion, social justice and dismantling hierarchy in tje name of marginalization.

One thing that I find funny about wokeism is that they call ofr ending white supremacy, yet the ideology exclusively black. And treats blacks as secondaries. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies