Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2021, 02:03 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Emerald Robinson, Newsmax's White House Correspondent tweeted: "I don’t want a multi-cultural society, I want a Christian society."

Blatantly calling for a theocracy like this might be one of the least American things I have heard in a long time. Multi-Culturalism as well as supporting all religions are foundations of our country.

Source Here
Agreed. That's anti-American to the core. Oh well there's not a chance in hell she gets her wish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2021, 02:05 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,845,258 times
I'd be all for putting the Metropolitan Community Church (mainline Protestant) in charge of a bunch of stuff because they'd be utterly fabulous at it.

Given the sheer number of different takes on Christianity in the country, it's pretty arrogant to assume your specific denomination would be in charge of it all

Old 11-02-2021, 02:09 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
what a pile of nonsense.

"I want a Christian society" is a vast world of difference from calling for a government run by appointed theocrats who rule by some set of man determined "laws of God"

some folk need to stop being hyperbolic. its stupid.

Old 11-02-2021, 02:14 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Emerald Robinson, Newsmax's White House Correspondent tweeted: "I don’t want a multi-cultural society, I want a Christian society."

Blatantly calling for a theocracy like this might be one of the least American things I have heard in a long time. Multi-Culturalism as well as supporting all religions are foundations of our country.

Source Here
She said nothing about a theocracy, that was purely your imagination

Old 11-02-2021, 02:15 PM

663 posts, read 306,731 times
I think it is a unfortunate but how some do see it as we need to fully be Christian Nation and tighten a grip as a China or Islamic Nation. We should note that Israel does not quench Christians.

If we had this in our past and your family legacy/history is as a Catholic. You would NOT have been welcome. Forget the Irish Catholics and Italians and Poles who are a major part of our Nation.

To me raised going to a Church and Bible study to good years of regular attendance in marriage. I was taught CHRISTIAN THEOCRACY is a future fulfillment with a return of Jesus Christ and the Theocracy was him as King.

Nothing was taught man will create one before that new Age to come when this Church Age is fulfilled. Any claim of a Theocracy without Christ as on the throne....is not valid.

Many can defend this claim of a American Theocracy government is to see America as if a New Israel. That is a Cultic claim and OVERSTEPS THE FOUNDING FATHERS CHOICE.

Old 11-02-2021, 02:18 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
As a Christian, I'd say something like "I'd like a society where all act in a way that glorifies God"- we value and cherish other religions. No matter what she said, her statement is not necessarily about race; it's about faith.
It's all about faith .... and unquestioning obedience.

As is "wokeness".

Old 11-02-2021, 03:01 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Last tweak Leftist have "those evil Christians"
Painting with a rather broad brush there ...

Old 11-02-2021, 03:04 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town View Post
I think it is a unfortunate but how some do see it as we need to fully be Christian Nation and tighten a grip as a China or Islamic Nation. We should note that Israel does not quench Christians.
Actually, most of the Christians in Israel are Orthodox who speak Arabic, and yes, Israel screws around with those people a lot.

One could say they don't discriminate: they treat Arab Muslims and Arab Christians with equal disdain.

Old 11-02-2021, 03:09 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercedesBoy View Post
The Founding Fathers of America wanted to escape the Church of England. Nobody should dishonor them by going against their wishes. Besides, theocracy only leads to Taliban type rule. A definite NO.
first of all no one > most especially the person being accused in this thread < is suggesting Thocratic rule, or even a nationalized religion.

thats nonsense. its hyperbolic leftist drivel.

Old 11-02-2021, 03:11 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,601,146 times
Quote:

Source Here

the evangelicals have pushed for this for over 50 years, and it represents a large portion of the populist movement, but not in anyway shape or form anywhere close to a majority
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies