Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2021, 09:39 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Yep.

From what I've been reading this morning, Youngkin went HARD on CRT, which played very well with conservatives.

Because I'd hate for our children to learn about slavery and the civil rights movement. /sarcasm
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
You don't know what CRT is, obviously. We learned about slavery and the civil rights movements decades ago when I was in grade school. Those topics have nothing to do with CRT. The fact that CRT proponents have to make stuff up and propagate falsehoods to defend it speaks volumes. Do you seriously believe that slavery and the civil rights movement weren't taught prior to CRT? In the words of Brandon: "C'mon, man".

It's BS and you know it. I recommend you get better talking points.
of course he knows it. he can't reasonably defend the absolute toxic drivel that is CRT so he pretends it's something it isn't.

i've seen at least 6 examples of exactly the same thing just this morning, and expect to see a whole lot more.

Old 11-03-2021, 09:39 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
See Youngkin's Win Proves Ignorance Is Powerful Weapon. Despite Biden's Lincolnian eloquence and overall skill and success, and the Democratic Party's efforts to restore the fundamental and important right of felons to vote, see Voting Rights Restoration Efforts in Virginia, the voters have chosen the forces of fear and reaction. The main issue seems to have been the right of teachers and school boards to academic freedom.

Thus, the forces of inclusion have suffered a defeat.

what the election proves is that even in a blue-purple state, that "we the people" are getting tired of the far lefts garbage

Old 11-03-2021, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Democrats don't seem to want to have a discussion on why CRT is necessary or good. They never seem to do a good job of explaining what CRT actually is. Sometimes, it seems like they are actually trying to hide that information. Usually, leftists just call conservatives names like racists instead of actually breaking down what CRT is. That stuff doesn't work, as you've just learned.
byngo!

Old 11-03-2021, 09:44 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,667,441 times
Quote:
Stupid people need to be told just that.
But, are biden and the thugs listening... makes no difference, Americans have seen their character.

The next election can't get here soon enough.

Old 11-03-2021, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post
CRT isn't part of any public curriculum in VA, the whole thing is a drummed up farce. It's a BS boogeyman.
CRT isn’t being taught in K-12 in exactly the same sense that maria montessori’s pedagogy isn’t taught in montessori preschools.

they. practice. it.

lying about this = losing elections. a lesson i don't expect you to learn, which is great for republicans.

Old 11-03-2021, 09:45 AM

9,504 posts, read 4,340,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
If history doesn't make you uncomfortable and a little upset at your country's actions, you're being fed propaganda, not honest history.
1) Our history of slavery makes me uncomfortable because it was based on hatred.
2) Our history of civil rights, or lack thereof, makes me uncomfortable because it was based on hatred.
3) CRT makes me uncomfortable makes me uncomfortable because it is based on hatred of whites.

Anyone who is comfortable with CRT should refer to item 1 and 2 above. Hatred based on race will never be OK.

Old 11-03-2021, 09:47 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,412,060 times
Quote:
See Youngkin's Win Proves Ignorance Is Powerful Weapon. Despite Biden's Lincolnian eloquence and overall skill and success, and the Democratic Party's efforts to restore the fundamental and important right of felons to vote, see Voting Rights Restoration Efforts in Virginia, the voters have chosen the forces of fear and reaction. The main issue seems to have been the right of teachers and school boards to academic freedom.

Thus, the forces of inclusion have suffered a defeat.
My apologies if your post is sarcasm, but, I am amazed McAuliffe was even that close.

Old 11-03-2021, 09:52 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
If history doesn't make you uncomfortable and a little upset at your country's actions, you're being fed propaganda, not honest history.
Very true.

A key consideration is that some folks want to put arbitrary timeframes around things when if we were to all look in our family trees we would undoubtably find slave owners and participants in ethnic and religious cleansings etc. etc. etc.

For example, the native Americans were no more moral and wonderous than the Europeans...they were just not as well armed and organized.

Same for when the vaunted English conquerors of more recent centuries were getting reamed by the Romans, the Norse, the Celts and so forth for well over a thousand years of their history.

The only reason the Huns, Aztecs or Songhai didn't also sack England and enslave (and eat in some cases) was because of distance and available technology.

Old 11-03-2021, 10:02 AM

4,659 posts, read 4,973,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Yup, they used a fake issue, CRT, which is not taught in any Virginia elementary or high school to motivate enough concerned white citizens to win. No one ever heard of it before this year. No schools teach this academic theory. Yet it became the biggest issue in this campaign.

Democrats have a problem along with being too concentrated on non pocket book issues. How do they counter the right wing propaganda machine? Thousands of outlets from tiny local radio stations to cable networks like Fox News parrot each other and push lies and disinformation to an audience that doesn't listen to or look at anything else. The Democrats have no answer. They have no network of morning shock jocks to push their message. Mainstream evening news tries to be unbiased and is not the information wing of the democrats like Fox News is for Republicans.

I don't see how they solve this. Anger gets more attention - Facebook gives five points for an anger emoji and one for a smile. The dems have always been bad at messaging and with the overwhelming din of right wing propaganda the future looks bleak for them. The dems only hope is that the Rs resurrect Trump for 2024.
That's false; Trump very memorably denounced it in one of the presidential debates last year. I remember it because I thought to myself, "goddamn right." I believe Trump was referring to racial-sensitivity training for federal employees, but when parents began seeing some of the same ideas pop up in their children's lesson plans, they put two and two together. Democrats made every effort to keep schooling remote, which might have been a political miscalculation, considering it had the effect of streaming some of this questionable-at-best "teaching" right into families' living rooms.

The rest of your post is a marvelous contortion of reality made to fit your partisan preference.

Old 11-03-2021, 10:26 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Yup, they used a fake issue, CRT, which is not taught in any Virginia elementary or high school to motivate enough concerned white citizens to win. No one ever heard of it before this year. No schools teach this academic theory. Yet it became the biggest issue in this campaign.

Democrats have a problem along with being too concentrated on non pocket book issues. How do they counter the right wing propaganda machine? Thousands of outlets from tiny local radio stations to cable networks like Fox News parrot each other and push lies and disinformation to an audience that doesn't listen to or look at anything else. The Democrats have no answer. They have no network of morning shock jocks to push their message. Mainstream evening news tries to be unbiased and is not the information wing of the democrats like Fox News is for Republicans.

I don't see how they solve this. Anger gets more attention - Facebook gives five points for an anger emoji and one for a smile. The dems have always been bad at messaging and with the overwhelming din of right wing propaganda the future looks bleak for them. The dems only hope is that the Rs resurrect Trump for 2024.
actually they (schools across the country) have been teaching CRT

no, CRT is not Teaching that black people had to ride the back of the bus, weren't allowed in some restaurants, were not allowed to vote for a long time...that's called history

CRT is saying if you were born white, you are a naturally born racist and white supremist

I have no problem with teaching history... the fact that we kept the British slavery, and it took 85 years and a war to stop slavery, and it took another 100 years to bring equality to the table... is an appalling part of our history... ….

but to "reverse" that and call EVERY white person a racist and a white supremist just because they were born as a Caucasian is something that is appalling today in 2021...CRT is trying to make whites out to being born evil, just because of their skin color

but the REAL ISSUE in Virginia dealing with the schools is the "trans" issue... when you ALLOW a born male to say he FEELS today like he is female, and he is ALLOWED to use the female bathroom...and when said person goes on to RAPE a biological female in the female bathroom, and the school board, teachers union, and principal DENY is ever happened (yet there are emails between the principal and the school board discussing it)… that is the issue... that is why they voted R, so that the PARENTS had more say in what is going on in the schools
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies