Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2021, 06:45 AM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
And by useful idiots, you mean people like myself who actually care about the life of an unborn baby.
I am not saying you should not care. I just want you to realize you are being played.. The Big Business / Libertarian wing of the Republican Party is mostly pro-choice. They just want your vote. After 50 years, abortion is still legal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2021, 07:00 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
For a public servant- Disgraceful- teaching kids to disrespect the office of the presidency. Nasty
It was ok for democrats to do it 24/7 for 4 yrs and beyond when Trump was president, though, eh?

Old 11-05-2021, 09:09 AM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Which Republican politician referred to Obama as a “motherfker”?

I’ll wait
Check www.urbandictionary.com

Old 11-05-2021, 10:33 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,248,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
It was ok for democrats to do it 24/7 for 4 yrs and beyond when Trump was president, though, eh?
So you have any democratic governor quotes that support your statement.
I do believe we have reach a new level of name calling and disrespect among our high level elected officials.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Old 11-05-2021, 11:54 AM

2,953 posts, read 992,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I do believe we have reach a new level of name calling and disrespect among our high level elected officials.
Tlaib called Trump a motherfkr. The left trailblazed the most lowbrow vulgar treatment of a president. If some on the right (DeSantis isn’t one ) have unfortunately followed them you have no one to blame but yourselves. Let’s go Brandon is only vulgar in the same sense as “Oh fudge” … meaning it’s not vulgar at all. I shouldn’t have to school you on this. You know perfectly well the difference between vulgarity and a tongue in cheek euphemism. Moreover, Let’s go Brandon isn’t so much of an epithet as it is a movement. I’m in total alignment with politicians self identifying as Let’s go Brandon-ites. It says “I’m done with the woke left authoritarians. Not one more step back.”

Old 11-05-2021, 12:04 PM

14,215 posts, read 4,586,282 times
Quote:
"Brandon" is not as explicit as "...gonna impeached the motherf**er" used by democrat congresswoman Rashida in reference to Trump.

or "Let’s make sure we show up wherever we have to show up. And if you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them" by Rep Maxine Waters in reference to Trump Administration. That's straight up condone violence against public officials.

You leftists took off your gloves a few years ago. Now you don't like getting punched in the face with bare fists? Well, that's too bad. There are more coming your way

Old 11-05-2021, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Tlaib called Trump a motherfkr. The left trailblazed the most lowbrow vulgar treatment of a president. If some on the right (DeSantis isn’t one ) have unfortunately followed them you have no one to blame but yourselves. Let’s go Brandon is only vulgar in the same sense as “Oh fudge” … meaning it’s not vulgar at all. I shouldn’t have to school you on this. You know perfectly well the difference between vulgarity and a tongue in cheek euphemism. Moreover, Let’s go Brandon isn’t so much of an epithet as it is a movement. I’m in total alignment with politicians self identifying as Let’s go Brandon-ites. It says “I’m done with the woke left authoritarians. Not one more step back.”
Of course you are right. But I was thinking of elected a who were of greater responsibility like governors or presidential candidates. The fringe crazies - on both sides- don’t count for me. But yes they are horrible and say horrible things.
Desantis really has lowered the bar, not counting Trump of course, IMO.

Old 11-05-2021, 12:26 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Here's some Trump quotes "Jeb Bush likes illegals because of his wife." , “‘Laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that.”, “Sleepy Joe,”, as "a flake" and on and on

And finally last month:

"Roughly 24 hours after the death of Colin Powell, Donald Trump proved, again, that he is utterly incapable of empathy, grace or even common decency.

"Wonderful to see Colin Powell, who made big mistakes on Iraq and famously, so-called weapons of mass destruction, be treated in death so beautifully by the Fake News Media,""

you can search yourself to find page after page of derogatory insults he has heaped on people before, during and after his Presidency and your taken back by one utterance not even naming him directly but just implied.

Go drink your Kool-Aid and recover....

Old 11-05-2021, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Here's some Trump quotes "Jeb Bush likes illegals because of his wife." , “‘Laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that.”, “Sleepy Joe,”, as "a flake" and on and on

And finally last month:

"Roughly 24 hours after the death of Colin Powell, Donald Trump proved, again, that he is utterly incapable of empathy, grace or even common decency.

"Wonderful to see Colin Powell, who made big mistakes on Iraq and famously, so-called weapons of mass destruction, be treated in death so beautifully by the Fake News Media,""

you can search yourself to find page after page of derogatory insults he has heaped on people before, during and after his Presidency and your taken back by one utterance not even naming him directly but just implied.

Go drink your Kool-Aid and recover....
I had really hoped and thought Trump like insults were an anomaly and would not be commonplace for others hoping to be president. Very few people felt they were appropriate.

Old 11-05-2021, 01:51 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
I had really hoped and thought Trump like insults were an anomaly and would not be commonplace for others hoping to be president. Very few people felt they were appropriate.
Very few felt they're appropriate but the culture of name calling in the GOP continues whenever one of their own should speak against the party line or fearless leader. The quoted line from the Congress Woman is from 2016 when she was not in elected office, in fact she didn't join the US Congress until 2019 well after the 2016 expiative.

The former President acted like everything was a street fight of 5 year old's on the playground, many liked this new approach and keep it alive today, DeSantis is one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies