Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2021, 02:30 PM

423 posts, read 186,562 times

Advertisements

It's incredible to me that California liberals happen to be the most agreeable to establishment regulations all of a sudden. I thought they are traditionally the counter-culture ones. They have always been big fans of alternative medicine and the esoteric BS. How did this full 180 degree happen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2021, 02:31 PM

7,147 posts, read 4,740,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
There's a huge difference: Stalin and Hitler killed people because of who they were.

In this case, the government is stating that a decision that you make (which has nothing to do with who you are) that puts others at risk of illness and death will lead to consequences of your own making, with a goal of saving lives.

If only the "vaccines" worked, your argument would be valid.

Old 11-04-2021, 04:42 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Don't know if anyone will recognize this quote, but this comes to mind and is food for thought. Rather than cite the source, I'll see if anyone would like to guess:

Good one. I had to look it up: Nuremberg. Earlier in the quote it says: "...Above all, there was fear. Fear of today, fear of tomorrow, fear of our neighbors, and fear of ourselves...."

People are afraid of the air they breathe. Afraid of human contact. Afraid of a sore throat or cough. Afraid of an exposed human face. And to be relieved of that fear, they will inject their kids with an experimental shot and give up their free way of life.

Old 11-04-2021, 05:47 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post

Good one. I had to look it up: Nuremberg. Earlier in the quote it says: "...Above all, there was fear. Fear of today, fear of tomorrow, fear of our neighbors, and fear of ourselves...."

People are afraid of the air they breathe. Afraid of human contact. Afraid of a sore throat or cough. Afraid of an exposed human face. And to be relieved of that fear, they will inject their kids with an experimental shot and give up their free way of life.

You got it right, kmom. One of the greatest movies ever made was Judgment at Nuremberg.

It's frightening that people are so willing to hand over their civil liberties and have no care about the next person. This isn't going to stop, it's only getting worse, and when all is said and done, they'll have the same excuses. 'We thought we were doing the right thing' or 'We thought it was only temporary'.

Old 11-04-2021, 05:52 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
Faking a vaccine card would take about 5 minutes in PowerPoint.
Little harder than that but not by much. There are a bunch of templates you can get online that you print double sided on 110lb cardstock and then cut to size. You then need to print the vaccine vile batch numbers on avery label sheets which should match the Pfizer or Moderna naming convention. After you stick those on you just need to scribble the right things in two types of ink to account for separate visits / 2nd dose

Old 11-04-2021, 07:56 PM

1,711 posts, read 807,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Little harder than that but not by much. There are a bunch of templates you can get online that you print double sided on 110lb cardstock and then cut to size. You then need to print the vaccine vile batch numbers on avery label sheets which should match the Pfizer or Moderna naming convention. After you stick those on you just need to scribble the right things in two types of ink to account for separate visits / 2nd dose
mine is on 20# stock. I couldn't tell the difference between the original and the copy I made to carry. And will the person comparing your id name and the vac card even look at the vax batch number? I may print one out with BR549 as the batch.

Only been asked once and that was to get into a theater production. They gave us a red dollar store raffle ticket for proof we've been checked.

I've said before, security is 90% for show.

Old 11-05-2021, 03:04 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easternman View Post
It's incredible to me that California liberals happen to be the most agreeable to establishment regulations all of a sudden. I thought they are traditionally the counter-culture ones. They have always been big fans of alternative medicine and the esoteric BS. How did this full 180 degree happen?
The party has been gradually turning into the illiberal authoritarians they are today. Covid just gave them an excuse to bring out their true nature. It doesn't even matter that kids don't get covid badly.... The fact that some of them are so insistent.... Brainwashed sheep.

Old 11-05-2021, 03:21 AM

24,632 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
Is there any pushback against this?
I doubt it would be enforced. "Sorry parents, your kids can't play in this park without a vaccine card."

The left has painted themselves into a corner they can't even defend.

Old 11-05-2021, 03:49 AM

18,548 posts, read 15,586,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
https://www.politico.com/states/cali...ncisco-1392237

Wow, there’s nothing like a “papers please” policy to treat folks like second class citizens. Stalin would be very proud.
I expect them to reverse course soon due to the damaging effects of such a policy on tourism to the area...

Old 11-05-2021, 06:33 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,576,990 times
When having a transgender kid is all the rage, a vaccinated kid seems like a no brainer to the virtue signalling helicopter parents. It's almost like wanting to dress your kids the same as yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies