Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2021, 08:45 AM

10,815 posts, read 4,506,581 times

Advertisements

An odd trend has settled here...WE have the same group of people that (still) say the trump/russia thing was true, claim CRT based teaching is false.

As we know, from only news of THIS week, both statements as stated, are false. As of yesterday at noon we know that trump/russia is completely blown up and in fact Hillarys law firm is now under investigation as this is where she funneled the money thru and that the VA DoE *still* had CRT, by name, inserted into its website for all to see with no pay wall, instructing schools to use it.

This thread, when I first noticed, was 4 pages. When I started this post it was chugging past 14. Most of the posts from the 'CRT deniers' are blatantly false. How do I know this? Because you uttered the words. It is a simple google search to prove your stance false. Even if we completely pretend we do not know how to get to the VA DoE webiste (like all employees of MSNBC and CNN for example) There are plenty of other data points.

In another thread (which vanished due to the acrimonious name calling of our leftists) I pointed out, why wont anyone mention Asra Nomani? A *muslim* woman of color, George town professor, NYT and WaPo and NPR contributor who after a life of being a staunch democrat, voted for trump in 2016 as she was fed up with the lying BS pushed by the left. Thats pretty damning when one of your star pupils revolts.

It was she who started a movement as she saw the woke BS pushed in colleges and indeed, when the plague sent all the kids home (for much longer times in blue states as the facts show) the parents started questioning the books that were sent home.

Aside from the clearly obvious requirement of the VA DoE mandating CRT in schools, the districts (LCPS and Fairfax CPS in this instance) sent home the following 4 titles: (I posted this elsewhere but leftist sock puppet trolls got the thread killed so here we go..) "Woke Baby", "A is for activist" (CD sensor kills this title: ) "Gender Q u e e r" and "not my idea"

You can google and read the content, history and purpose of each, but of course that requires a desire to know truth and fact other than CNN/DNC/MSNBC spew.

Bottom line, if you are denying the presence, and curricula of CRT in some of our primary and secondary schools, you are lying. Period. Even if a school does not have it, it is valid for the residents of that district to NOT want it. In my own district in PA, we do not have it at present, parents from both sides of the aisle have rejected it. Our gonernor *has* pushed it, but has not mandated it from the state DoE. The 4 democrat members of our school board expressed desire for it and as of today, all 4 were replaced by new republican members. In a state that went Biden +2 they got ousted R+30. Thats saying something. (To be fair, in my county which had state, county and local/town races numbering about 100, they went GOP 100:0 so someone(s) are pissed.)

And to make matters worse....those of us that are parents have a saying or mantra such that "we think it is cute (sarcasm) when people with no children tell us how to raise ours". Indeed we find that most, almost all, all? cases of CRT denial, comes from those with no children in the K-12 school system or - worse - have no children. Instead we get 14 page threads about a real issue that changed an election where the lefties create sock puppet after sock puppet to echo what they heard from Rachael Maddow, or Whoopie Goldberg or Chuck Todd without doing any verification whatsoever. What does that say about the "quality" of your presentation?

The race in 2021 that brought this to a head was the VA gov race. That race was lost on *1* single statement by McAuliffe. Asra was being interviewed on election night at Youngkin HQ (which the lefties would not know because the major networks refused to cover the race on the freevee once Youngkin took the lead) She uttered the truth that the leftists still do not get: political sides are one thing, but the dems (even today 11/5/21) came between mothers and their children.

Not having children, most of you wont get it. Dismiss as your own peril.

Old 11-05-2021, 08:50 AM

10,815 posts, read 4,506,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Their "honest history" teaches people that black Americans are helpless idiots, incapable of accomplishing anything unless white people do all the work for them. .

isnt this the founding plank of the current DNC, created the day Lee surrendered at Appomattox? (hint: yes. if you are born 1985 or later its likely you never learned the difference)

Old 11-05-2021, 08:55 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
An odd trend has settled here...WE have the same group of people that (still) say the trump/russia thing was true, claim CRT based teaching is false.
their 'news' is curated by wapo, NYT, MSDNC, CNN, and the like, and fed to them like pablum.

btw, +1 for your longer post.

Old 11-05-2021, 08:59 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,485 times
I think the people against teaching American history are the same ones who were throwing rocks at children and yelling, "lynch her, lynch her" in Little Rock when the school system was desegregated. They don't want that history taught to their grandchildren because, hopefully, they are ashamed. Although, I suspect their feelings haven't changed much...

Old 11-05-2021, 09:00 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I think the people against teaching American history
**gaslighting detected**

no need to read any further.

Old 11-05-2021, 09:02 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
anyone who's white is automatically privileged and will always be a step ahead people of color. It teaches them that white people are tied to white supremacy and domestic terrorism.
Seems accurate to me. There are lots of privileges in this world; race is only one of them.

Quote:
You're the literal walking definition of irony.
I'm not sure you know what the word means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I have stated on this forum that I know one principal of an elementary school in my county who started discussing CRT concepts last year with other staff members during meetings. This is in Montgomery County, Maryland.
Not quite the evidence you were asked for.

Quote:
America is a country that was founded by immigrants who looked to the churches and how they were ran and were inspired to create a government that governs without having a say in every aspect of one's life.
That takes us to 1800-ish. What's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
If you continue to deny CRT is being taught in schools in spite of actual parents who have actual kids who are actually taught this, you might just be brainwashed.
I'm waiting for actual evidence, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Of course CRT isn't taught in k-12 the way it is in higher ed and law school.
Translation: K-12 schools aren't teaching CRT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
AG Garland's son-in-law sells whatever-you-want-to-call-it to schools, so Ted Cruz thinks there's a conflict of interest.
Not seeing the outrage here, on the conflict of interest front, nor on the Critical Race Theory front.

Schools need to evaluate the efficacy of their programs; this firm in question provides the pre- and post-tests that make evaluation possible. They also need to know the needs of their students. The organization I work for also uses a third-party evaluator for our youth programs, and yes, those pre- and post-surveys ask questions about equity and diversity as they relate to race and gender (we are a women's and girls' organization, after all). These results of these surveys are important to us not only so we can report our outcomes to funders (or public schools to their respective departments of education), but also so we can adjust our programming and curricula to the youths' needs. If black girls are feeling bullied or powerless, our program staff needs to know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
These ideas were never in the mainstream during the last 50+ years in the United States.
No, actually they've been mainstream for much longer than that.

Old 11-05-2021, 09:04 AM

4,341 posts, read 2,227,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I think the people against teaching American history are the same ones who were throwing rocks at children and yelling, "lynch her, lynch her" in Little Rock when the school system was desegregated. They don't want that history taught to their grandchildren because, hopefully, they are ashamed. Although, I suspect their feelings haven't changed much...
Still missing the point.

Opposition to CRT is not opposition to history - it's the false portrayal of current society using a lens of past historical perspective to claim current society is based on white supremacy; that whites are racist, and blacks are still oppressed by rigged power structures that only benefit whites.

I'll repeat that one more time: opposition to CRT is not opposed to the teaching of factual history. It is against a false framework that takes past history to demonize current society as racist.

Got it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies