Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2021, 06:38 PM

43,102 posts, read 18,269,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
Anyone who gets this has no right to complain about what comes next. Not complying or subjecting myself to testing. I'll go to the most free state.
Since it's a federal ruling from OSHA even the "free states" have to comply.
Your best bet is to work remotely or find a place with 99 or less employees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2021, 06:42 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
They’re already working on applying it to all businesses.

(Except Congress, the WH, and USPS).

Old 11-04-2021, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
They’re already working on applying it to all businesses.

(Except Congress, the WH, and USPS).
It's in OSHA's ruling they haven't started anything yet for businesses under 100 employees.
The ruling is posted in the Federal Registar.

OSHA said that many small business (under 100 employees) do not have the HR capabilities/resources to track vaccine status and maintain the privacy that is required for health records.
Plus small businesses took harder losses last year with pandemic shutdowns.

Last edited by TMSRetired; 11-04-2021 at 07:03 PM..

Old 11-04-2021, 06:56 PM

1,969 posts, read 676,184 times
Quote:
It's in OSHA's ruling they haven't started anything yet for businesses under 100 employees.
They will. There's no reason to stop at 100. I'm going to hope states rebel so being in a free state seems like a good idea. I can work remotely from any state so luckily, I should be OK for now.

Old 11-04-2021, 07:12 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,749,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
They will. There's no reason to stop at 100. I'm going to hope states rebel so being in a free state seems like a good idea. I can work remotely from any state so luckily, I should be OK for now.
I just read testing would be an option to opt out of the vaccine in U.S. England just approved Merck's anti-viral pill, no reason to get the risky vaccine if the pill proves to be safe.

Last edited by wp169; 11-04-2021 at 07:33 PM..

Old 11-04-2021, 07:28 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,762 times
Quote:
Working remotely won't work either. Spouse's company just notified all employees they will need to be vaccinated even if they work from home 100% of the time. This does not follow the science.

99 or less won't work either. This is a temporary measure until the permanent one goes into effect and then it will be all companies with 1 or more employees.

Old 11-04-2021, 07:31 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
I'm sure we will be seeing "let's go OSHA" flags on ebay pretty soon along with "let's go Brandon".

Old 11-04-2021, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Working remotely won't work either. Spouse's company just notified all employees they will need to be vaccinated even if they work from home 100% of the time. This does not follow the science.

99 or less won't work either. This is a temporary measure until the permanent one goes into effect and then it will be all companies with 1 or more employees.
Well OSHA ruling says if they work remotely 100% of the time they do not need to get vaccinated.
You may want to print it out (500 pages I think) and have your wife bring it to them.

OSHA exempted anyone who works outside because there is no data to support mandated vaccines in that scenario.

https://public-inspection.federalreg...2021-23643.pdf

Old 11-04-2021, 07:42 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:

OSHA said that many small business (under 100 employees) do not have the HR capabilities/resources to track vaccine status and maintain the privacy that is required for health records.
Plus small businesses took harder losses last year with pandemic shutdowns.
“According to Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) federal rules released Thursday, the agency is “seeking comment to help the agency” determine if smaller employers with fewer than 100 employees can implement a coronavirus vaccine mandate “without undue disruption.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ccine-mandate/

Old 11-04-2021, 08:19 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,792,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
“According to Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) federal rules released Thursday, the agency is “seeking comment to help the agency” determine if smaller employers with fewer than 100 employees can implement a coronavirus vaccine mandate “without undue disruption.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ccine-mandate/
OSHA: The mandate is by definition an undue disruption. Get rid of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies