Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2021, 03:30 PM

8,420 posts, read 4,578,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Or a vaccine mandate is being pushed because we're in the middle of a global health pandemic, and countries who have gotten vaccinated are able to re-open (Denmark, for example). Many of us are tired of being locked down, and would like to get back to normal.

Then take off your mask and go be normal. My vaccinated status has no bearing on your normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2021, 03:34 PM

The timing of this doesn't surprise me. The "tricks" they play may work on a 5 year old but not on adults. Another example of this is the $450,000 dollars to illegals. Biden is walking it back now. Sounds like a trick my parents used to get me to accept something. They would suggest something truly awful then "back down" and suggest a compromise. Of course the compromise is what they had in mind all along

Old 11-04-2021, 03:42 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,918,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Then take off your mask and go be normal. My vaccinated status has no bearing on your normal.
Except it does. Until we reach herd immunity through vaccination, we won't be back to normal. 15% more people get vaccinated, we'll see mandates lift. It's EASY to get back to normal, just wear a mask a bit longer until stragglers finally get vaccinated. This is America. We care about our fellow Americans, not only about ourselves.

Old 11-04-2021, 03:45 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Quote:
Or a vaccine mandate is being pushed because we're in the middle of a global health pandemic, and countries who have gotten vaccinated are able to re-open (Denmark, for example). Many of us are tired of being locked down, and would like to get back to normal.
What lockdowns?

The only things I can’t do are go on a cruise or go to the movies.

Old 11-04-2021, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Except it does. Until we reach herd immunity through vaccination, we won't be back to normal. 15% more people get vaccinated, we'll see mandates lift. It's EASY to get back to normal, just wear a mask a bit longer until stragglers finally get vaccinated. This is America. We care about our fellow Americans, not only about ourselves.

So it's not about safety, it's about getting your way. Go worry about yourself. Also, newsflash. Heard immunity is impossible unless we vaccinate or cull every animal that can harbor covid. Also, heard immunity implies... Immunity. Last I checked the vaccine doesn't make you immune.

Old 11-04-2021, 03:53 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
Quote:
The number touted as necessary for "herd immunity" was 70%. The last I heard reported was that the population was at 70%+. So they're now going after our children, who are the least susceptible and effectively at 0% risk. Let's get rid of the remaining mask requirements, especially for schools, and declare this finished. If you're vaxxed, you're protected, right? If I'm not, why do you care? I'm willing to determine my own level of risk acceptance and go on from there. If you're still locked down, it's by your own fear and by your own choice.

It's over, Brandon.

Old 11-04-2021, 03:54 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,793,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
The number touted as necessary for "herd immunity" was 70%. The last I heard reported was that the population was at 70%+. So they're now going after our children, who are the least susceptible and effectively at 0% risk. Let's get rid of the remaining mask requirements, especially for schools, and declare this finished. If you're vaxxed, you're protected, right? If I'm not, why do you care? I'm willing to determine my own level of risk acceptance and go on from there. If you're still locked down, it's by your own fear and by your own choice.

It's over, Brandon.
One more thing: Brandon, You're Fired. Take Cackles with you too.

Old 11-04-2021, 03:57 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times
Quote:
Poppycock. If you really cared about fellow Americans, you Democrat Leftists wouldn’t bending over backwards to help illegals using American taxpayer money, when there are plenty of actual Americans that need help.

Old 11-04-2021, 03:59 PM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:

Are you being locked down now? Really? Everything is open where I live. Only issue is a lack of merchandise on the shelves. And that is caused by a lack of workers. Forcing workers to get vaccines or face being singled out and tested weekly does not help. More people will quit. And a vaccinated person can bring in the virus and infect other workers. But they don't have to be tested. How does that make sense?

Old 11-04-2021, 04:00 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,918,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post

It's over, Brandon.
Just under 60% of the US population are fully vaccinated. Let's keep wearing our masks, and keep encouraging friends and family to vaccinate to get to that 70%. That's the point here. Why do I care about you? As I said, this is America. We care about our fellow countrymen. That's an American ideal. We care about each other so that we get to that herd immunity.

Get out there and push any remaining anti-vaxxers you know to get vaccinated, get us to that 70% so we can open up completely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies