Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Were republicans bamboozled?
I am a republican and I feel fooled 1 1.72%
I am a republican and I feel GREAT 43 74.14%
Other 14 24.14%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2021, 06:52 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
He is not 'Trumpian', dems lied about that to win votes.

The Carlyle Group siphoned more paydays from middle class Americans than they payed back in taxes. It was all a scam like every other private equity firm on earth.

Republicans could have beat Obama in 2012 but they went with the private equity guy. Now they are doing the same thing in 2024.
He toppled a career corrupt politician. Who cares what he did for a living. Anything is better than spending your life as a Washington insider.

And what does this election have to do with 2024. Is Youngkin running for POTUS then, or Romney? I don't think so.

And I think at this point Trump will run in 2024. I previously did not think so. I knew Biden would be horrible but he is much worse in just about every way. If this continues and polling shows Trump would easily beat Biden or who the dems choose of course Trump will run. Make DeSantis the veep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2021, 06:55 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Except that Romney has more class and polish. A fine point, I know, as they are both deplorable. Yes, these guys and their ilk are the ]real deplorables. The real source and reason for America's demise over the last 40 years. Worst of all, the enablers of the rise of the radical left....who saw great opportunity in responding to the attack of Big Money manipulators on America's middle and working class.

If I were a Virginian, I couldn't have held my nose tightly enough to vote for either candidate.
Oh, the irony.

Old 11-05-2021, 06:56 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
What are you trying to accomplish Winterfall?

Nothing, just conversation.

Old 11-05-2021, 06:58 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
He toppled a career corrupt politician. Who cares what he did for a living. Anything is better than spending your life as a Washington insider.

And what does this election have to do with 2024. Is Youngkin running for POTUS then, or Romney? I don't think so.
Yeah he will, McConnel has been setting him up just for that. He is better packaged than Romney so we will se how it plays out.

But republican voters are going to be screwed.

Old 11-05-2021, 07:01 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Rick Snyder was a business guy. We got the Flint water problems.

Business guys know how to do good things for their cronies. Very rarely are they good for anyone else.
Being a businessperson doesn't mean that you won't make mistakes. But to say that they are hardly good for anyone else, I think that's a major stretch. Business people are the backbone of our society, not government. Government has gotten us into and continues to get us into countless messes. Now, this doesn't mean that businesspeople will automatically do a great job. Like anyone else up for a job, their record, values, and accomplishments/failures should be judged accordingly.

Being a businessperson is definitely a plus as a starting point for me. But if you showed incompetence in business--as in anything else--that's where I'll start deducting points.

Old 11-05-2021, 07:02 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Carlyle has a pretty sleazy business model from the perspective of working class Americans. Were people hoodwinked? I doubt it because he is not going to govern VA like some pillaged company. On the other hand, he won't be doing much in the way of policy to lift the people who voted for him. It's just not in his DNA. There will be plenty of virtue signaling actions like banning CRT, bathroom regulation, honor the Blue events, lots of flags, suing the Feds. Maybe he has his eye on 2024 too. Who knows?

Old 11-05-2021, 07:03 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Nothing, just conversation.
Which I appreciate, even though we disagree on this one

Old 11-05-2021, 07:08 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Terry McAuliff was a Internet Venture Capitalist, and a lot of those creeps exploit young tech entrepreneurs:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_McAuliffe

McAuliff has been in politics since at least 1996, isn't 25 years enough? Go home for God's sake, and find a real job.

Old 11-05-2021, 07:09 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,448 times
Quote:
Down the line he is a carbon copy of Romney.

His private equity group prioritized off-shoring, replacing workers with H1B visas and illegal migrants, bankrupting small communities that were deemed inefficient, and liquidizing mid-sized firms for stock buy backs.

Mind you their policies are seen in affect in Virginia. The major corporate jobs are in the McLean area while the rural areas are being wiped clean.

McAuliffe may be more corrupt, but Youngkin was elected by party elites in a none primary. He is McConnel's test subject for steering republican voters back into the pocket of big money.

Do you feel played?
No, because the democrats are just as bad or worse. They are all about big money, so it comes down to other issues. Do I wish there was a better choices? Heck yes! I love that Ed Durr was elected. We need more non establishment people running.

Old 11-05-2021, 07:12 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Yeah he will, McConnel has been setting him up just for that. He is better packaged than Romney so we will se how it plays out.

But republican voters are going to be screwed.

Your opinion is based on nothing. Its Trump's party. McConnell has no say so in that. Trump holds the campaign money. Its going to be whoever Trump wants, likely himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies