Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2021, 02:28 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,767,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
For the sake of the future of this country, I hope both bills fail. Especially the hot mess reconciliation bill, where Democrats are trying so hard to incorporate some form of amnesty for illegal immigrants. To me, that goes well beyond “social spending” but whatever!

However, given her history of getting things done, I have a feeling, in the end, people will cave and some form of this disaster of a reconciliation bill will pass so that they can have their “win.”
I agree. I could have sworn they were told by parliament that they couldn't include amnesty in the reconciliation bill.

I truly hope both fail. Thank goodness Manchin and Semina have some sense about them.

Clyburn, Shut your face. You're the single reason why Biden is playing as president right now. This guy is from my state and he makes me ill.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 11-05-2021 at 03:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2021, 02:31 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
The Democrats need Nancy for her awesome skills at raising money, no one can do it like Nancy.

During the last midterms, she hit 30 cities in 30 days (yes, at age 80) and brought in $90 million. What other Democrat could pull off something like that, or a Republican?
Anyone who can be bought off easily. Sold to the highest bidder.

Old 11-05-2021, 02:38 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
She is speaking now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEliOuXBfy4

edit: FAIL!!!!!!!!! NO VOTE FOR YOU

"Another week or so to get the CBO numbers they are requesting"

Old 11-05-2021, 03:00 PM

23,219 posts, read 29,044,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Link to them making deals?
She made a deal with Trump: Alright, I'll do it, it'll anger the Democratic party, but I'll do it if you'll do it!

Trump: Alright it's a deal. We both end up angering our constituents!

I read that in a bio of Pelosi! I believe ever word of it!

Old 11-05-2021, 03:01 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
She made a deal with Trump: Alright, I'll do it, it'll anger the Democratic party, but I'll do it if you'll do it!

Trump: Alright it's a deal. We both end up angering out constituents!

I read that in a bio of Pelosi! I believe ever word of it!
Still waiting for that link.

Right, she would never lie, lol.

Old 11-05-2021, 04:51 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Full revolt in the House right now led by Jayapal, ~20 Progressives hand voted internally to tank infrastructure

Pelosi needs like 10 more Republicans to go along to overcome the woke cultists

Might not be such a bad idea for the GOP to do this, would split the Dems right and half

Old 11-05-2021, 04:59 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times
Nancy has adopted a new strategy... "15 days to pass the bill".

Old 11-05-2021, 05:09 PM

12,977 posts, read 9,501,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
I can only hope you are right.
Except the infrastructure bill has a lot - majority - of non-infrastructure things in it. If it was only roads and bridges and airports I'd be all for it.

Rest assured that even if it was all infrastructure, there will be plenty of funding for certain districts that don't need it, and many needs will go unfunded.

Old 11-05-2021, 05:25 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
For the sake of the future of this country, I hope both bills fail. Especially the hot mess reconciliation bill, where Democrats are trying so hard to incorporate some form of amnesty for illegal immigrants. To me, that goes well beyond “social spending” but whatever!

However, given her history of getting things done, I have a feeling, in the end, people will cave and some form of this disaster of a reconciliation bill will pass so that they can have their “win.”
I also would like both bills to fail. They are Partisan Boondoggle Porkulous Bills. Not good for the People.

It’s a Showdown at the OK Corral — we will know later tonight how this works out.
Pelosi controls the. Money Bags, but that’s no help for many of them. Many are Dead Men/Women(Politically) Walking and they know it. 63/Seats went Poof! 10 years ago and Pelosi Money won’t stop that in 2022.

The People DO NOT like this stuff, they said on Tuesday this week, the Polls confirm it.

Old 11-05-2021, 05:40 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,791,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I also would like both bills to fail. They are Partisan Boondoggle Porkulous Bills. Not good for the People.

It’s a Showdown at the OK Corral — we will know later tonight how this works out.
Pelosi controls the. Money Bags, but that’s no help for many of them. Many are Dead Men/Women(Politically) Walking and they know it. 63/Seats went Poof! 10 years ago and Pelosi Money won’t stop that in 2022.

The People DO NOT like this stuff, they said on Tuesday this week, the Polls confirm it.
Likewise.

I'd like that failure to go further and for an indefinite moratorium to be placed on any and all new spending until, at a minimum, the Feds run a substantial budget surplus for a minimum of 10 consecutive years with a 20% tax cut across the board.

Last edited by albert648; 11-05-2021 at 06:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies