Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2021, 06:21 AM

27,118 posts, read 15,295,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
You made half of this up, and other than taxes rising on the wealthy, none of it is true
Our own history and experience indisputably says otherwise.
You lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2021, 07:17 AM

25,685 posts, read 12,765,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
You made half of this up, and other than taxes rising on the wealthy, none of it is true
So, why not speak to that 1 issue you agree with?

Old 11-11-2021, 07:24 AM

25,685 posts, read 12,765,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
Simple. Ignorance. Once I started paying attention, it was easily clear that Republicans are the lesser evil. A strong Libertarian party would be the best.
I have been saying this for 20 years, but the Libertarians trot out terrible candidates, and the better candidates realize a 3rd party is highly unlikely to win, so instad, they hide out in the Republican Party....like Rand Paul, Thomas Massie, & Jason Amash.

Old 11-11-2021, 07:25 AM

11,412 posts, read 7,797,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
America is divided into three major classes:
1) The ultra-wealthy and corporate elite, who have access to enough money to buy whatever policies they want. They do this legally via campaign contributions. Corruption is legal in the USA. This class has bought policies that reduce their effective tax rate to nearly zero. In some cases, their tax burden is strongly negative, if their businesses are getting subsidies.
2) The middle and upper middle class who shoulder most of the tax burden. If you’re in this group, you are probably a Republican.
3) The poor and working poor, who depend on taxes from the middle and upper middle classes to survive. If you’re in this group, you are probably a Democrat.

Modern politics is essentially a struggle between groups 2 and 3 for whatever scraps are leftover from group 1.
I’m in group 2 and am an Ex Republican (current Independent) because there’s absolutely no difference between the parties in regards to being fiscally conservative and hasn’t been for decades. Both spend money they don’t have. Both raise my taxes most recently via Trump’s tax “cut” that costs me 6K more every year. Biden’s increase will only cost me 2k. I just assume (and history supports my assumption) that my taxes are going up regardless of who’s POTUS and I just figure out how to make more year over year to compensate.

So my vote has ZERO to do with who will benefit me personally because neither will. My vote goes to the party that doesn’t constantly attempt to ban abortion or keep gay folks from marrying or curtail voting by certain groups or force their religion down my throat. Those things are NOT what I will ever vote for so Republicans will never get another vote from me until they stop with this crap.

Old 11-11-2021, 08:18 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,288,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
Thanks, logiatype and AnesthesiaMD.

Democratic policies are motivated by greed and identity-based animosity.

At some point, surely we all know that even if we're individually not targets of Democratic greed and animosity, we will be at some point, as Democrats will otherwise run out of people to tax and use as targets for winning votes.
Reality check. Identity-based animosity is what Donald Trump ran on.

Without the anger of his white non-college base for him to manipulate, he never would have been nominated.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 11-11-2021 at 09:01 AM..

Old 11-11-2021, 08:59 AM

18,453 posts, read 15,234,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Reality check. Identity-based animosity is what Donald Trump ran on.
No, that is what the left turned it into for their own purposes.

The left wanted to run "against racism, xenophobia, etc", as they always do. So they made everything Trump said or did, be about race, as they always do.

Only, with Trump, it was a little easier because he is not a politician like Romney or other predecessors, who they also tag with the these labels, but they are slippery enough to speak in a more politically correct manner, so they don't get hit as hard.

Of course, democrats don't have to worry about that, so they can say things that republicans would get reprimanded for, without any fear of reprisal.

Old 11-11-2021, 09:04 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,288,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
No, that is what the left turned it into for their own purposes.

The left wanted to run "against racism, xenophobia, etc", as they always do. So they made everything Trump said or did, be about race, as they always do.

Only, with Trump, it was a little easier because he is not a politician like Romney or other predecessors, who they also tag with the these labels, but they are slippery enough to speak in a more politically correct manner, so they don't get hit as hard.

Of course, democrats don't have to worry about that, so they can say things that republicans would get reprimanded for, without any fear of reprisal.
If Trump had not had the underlying anger and resentment of white non-college America to exploit, he would never have been nominated.

Old 11-11-2021, 09:40 AM

11,412 posts, read 7,797,237 times
Quote:
If Trump had not had the underlying anger and resentment of white non-college America to exploit, he would never have been nominated.
Exactly. He told them that immigrants and women and gays and African Americans were to blame for their shi**y lives and that he would bring back the “good” old days when even the dumbest white guy could get an overpaid job in a factory like their fathers and grandfathers had. And the suckers bought it.

Old 11-11-2021, 10:16 AM

18,453 posts, read 15,234,612 times
Quote:
You do know that Trump beat Clinton with white college educated voters as well?

Trump won the white college educated vote by 4 points.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...der-education/

Old 11-11-2021, 10:23 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,982,242 times
Both partiest have outlived their uselesfulness. You either get big business or big government. NEITHER are good for the wellbeing of this country. Too much Power corrupts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies