Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2021, 05:23 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Most animals are far better friends to humans than other humans. Our species is way more flawed than some animals. Sorry you feel the way you do.
"Sorry you feel the way you do."

And I am NOT stupid enough to care animals over humans!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2021, 06:48 AM

8,418 posts, read 4,575,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Sorry you feel the way you do."

And I am NOT stupid enough to care animals over humans!

Once again, binary thinking. You can do BOTH! Care about humans AND animals.

Old 11-08-2021, 07:01 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Pet Smart employees did that. It was not company policy.

I do not shop at any Pet Smart or others because of their high prices.

But some of that money they make goes to support the care of unwanted pets in most towns in the country. I know they do in Houston. PetSmart donates thousands to the SNR programs. My vet charges me 175 to neuter a feral. Texas Litter control, subsidized by Pet Smart, charged me $71. SO far this year past smart has saved me $500.

Without the help there would be thousands of feral cats and dogs all over the place.

And yes, we also donate a like amount every month to the local food pantry.

Old 11-08-2021, 07:29 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
So, what would be the hoaxters motive? All I can come up with is to stop PetSmart/Co from treating animals horribly. If they aren't doing this then no harm no foul. Both leading big box pet-mill are being accused of this. It's not one store singled out..
I'm not saying they're hoaxsters, just that you should take things with a grain of salt, especially if the person presenting it seems biased or pushing an angle.

Some people don't believe there should be fish, lizards etc. sold or kept as pets or eaten etc. etc. etc.

https://www.peta.org/media/news-rele...-animal-sales/

PETA is not exactly "fair and balanced" in all of their criticisms or demands. Read the the WHOLE link including their missions statement.

Hey, it wouldn't surprise me if a bunch of low-wage folks at petsmart took the easy way out and just dumped dying critters etc. out back on occasion at one of the thousands of stores....just throwing out that folks should be cautious around youtube videos.

Old 11-08-2021, 07:39 AM

17,378 posts, read 16,518,282 times
I did some volunteer work at Petsmart (animal rescue) and I can say that the employees that I encountered all LOVED animals and were very gentle and good with them. No way would one of them have thrown an animal away like that.

If an employee did that at one of the stores the emplyee should be charged with animal cruelty and held fully accountable. It is not fair to paint Petsmart or their good employees in a bad light.

Old 11-08-2021, 07:57 AM

6,384 posts, read 2,707,824 times
As others have said videos like these do need to be seen with a skeptical eye.

In either video is there any proof that the dumpsters actually belonged to the stores? I could toss a few Petco boxes in a dumpster behind my local bank and film it, does the video of that prove I am at Petco? No. It would have taken 10 seconds for them to pan around the area to prove this, yet nothing.

Are the animals actually in the dumpster in either video? No..In one video the bird was already in the hand and the other video had the fish in a bag outside of the dumpster.

What are the odds are that the same dumpster that the bird was in would also conveniently have an unopened bag of perfectly good bird food?

For most people, if they were going to try and prove something they would be putting out as much proof as they could.

Old 11-08-2021, 08:33 AM

9,469 posts, read 10,803,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
They are just animals NOT humans.

Get over it!
This is somewhat of a concerning comment. These are living animals and what is being alleged is animal cruelty. As others have stated animal cruelty is a precursor to cruelty towards humans too. I am no animal rights activist. I understand and support our use of animals for food, I myself am a hunter. However even when animals are killed for food (whether domestic or wild) it usually is and should be done humanely. Throwing animals out as trash is not humane, it is cruelty. Those who enjoy the suffering of animals are frightening individuals to say the least. God put animals on this earth for our use. They are not here for us to abuse.

Having said all that I do question the validity of the video. It should absolutely be investigated. Seems too easy to stage something like this and I do find it hard to believe a large pet store chain would do such a thing. Seems the animal lovers who work there would not allow it or keep it secret if it was happening. Still it merits an investigation.

Old 11-08-2021, 08:41 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Hey folks, just so you have some context....here is PETA being caught faking incidents.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...use-video.html

Old 11-08-2021, 09:25 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
This is somewhat of a concerning comment. These are living animals and what is being alleged is animal cruelty. As others have stated animal cruelty is a precursor to cruelty towards humans too.
Absolutely.

Girls are often taught to notice how boys and men treat their mothers because it may be an indication of how they will treat a life partner. That can be extended to how humans treat animals: If they abuse animals or don't care about them being abused, they may abuse humans or not care if they're abused.

Those are people to be avoided.

Old 11-08-2021, 09:56 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,589,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well, I think the first and biggest problem is biased selection and presentation.

There are 330+million in the US so if I start Mathguy news and ONLY report murders when a woman kills a man for example....my articles are true but my selection creates a warped impression. (See CNN with their rash of "white woman being racist" or FOX with "illegal commits bad crime" as examples.)

Second issue is hoaxes that the media in it's current state of financial distress just print first and correct second. No waiting for facts or investigation. Classic example would be the Covington HS and native Americans.

Cash strapped corporate for profit media. *shrug*
This.

Mainstream media tends to like by omission not comission.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies