Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2021, 09:53 AM

23,481 posts, read 12,496,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Why do you assume it's something Ashley Biden has done or written? Do you understand the concept of "public corruption"? It would not apply to a private citizen like Ms. Biden.

That's been my point from the beginning - if this is a public corruption investigation, which it certainly appears to be, the accuracy and veracity of what was allegedly in Ms. Biden's diary is completely beside the point.
I agree, but then I never thought the FBI would be used to find someones diary either.

So, what political figure do you think the FBI "public corruption" unit is investigating because of the diary? Biden*?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2021, 11:09 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,371,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I agree, but then I never thought the FBI would be used to find someones diary either.

So, what political figure do you think the FBI "public corruption" unit is investigating because of the diary? Biden*?

My assumption is that they suspect the diary was stolen by, and/or leaked by, a public official.

I'm betting they're not really worried about a stolen diary, they're concerned with what was done with the stolen diary, by whom and for what purpose.

All just speculation at this point, but we do know it's being investigated by the public corruption unit.

Old 11-10-2021, 11:55 AM

Quote:
My assumption is that they suspect the diary was stolen by, and/or leaked by, a public official.

I'm betting they're not really worried about a stolen diary, they're concerned with what was done with the stolen diary, by whom and for what purpose.

All just speculation at this point, but we do know it's being investigated by the public corruption unit.
What public official do you assume it is that had gone into the rehab center to steal it?
How did they know she had written a diary in the first place, that they would want to steal it? How did they know what she'd written in it, to make it worth stealing?

It's completely implausible to you that she may have simply forgotten to take it when she'd left the rehab center. And that someone who'd worked there or had checked into the center had found it, read it, and figured they'd be able to get a pay day by selling it to the media? That the "public corruption" unit is only investigating the matter simply because the contents of the diary were released during a presidential campaign?

After about a year of silence about it, why now? What is going on, right now, that made them suddenly decide to search for her diary?

Why all of the FBI attention on PV? Maybe PV working on a story that they want to get ahead of, which could have been the subject of their search instead of the diary? Or maybe they just want to silence PV in all ways?

Old 11-10-2021, 12:15 PM

Quote:
What public official do you assume it is that had gone into the rehab center to steal it?
How did they know she had written a diary in the first place, that they would want to steal it? How did they know what she'd written in it, to make it worth stealing?
OR leaked by....

Miss that part did we?

Quote:
It's completely implausible to you that she may have simply forgotten to take it when she'd left the rehab center. And that someone who'd worked there or had checked into the center had found it, read it, and figured they'd be able to get a pay day by selling it to the media? That the "public corruption" unit is only investigating the matter simply because the contents of the diary were released during a presidential campaign?
I see no way this is "public corruption" if it was stolen and leaked by private citizens. How do you explain that?

Quote:
After about a year of silence about it, why now? What is going on, right now, that made them suddenly decide to search for her diary?
Who says it just happened out of the blue?

Quote:
Why all of the FBI attention on PV? Maybe PV working on a story that they want to get ahead of, which could have been the subject of their search instead of the diary? Or maybe they just want to silence PV in all ways?
Because the PV folks admitted to being in posession of the diary at one point? Seems logical.

Old 11-10-2021, 12:23 PM

Quote:
OR leaked by....

Miss that part did we?
Who do you figure?

Quote:
I see no way this is "public corruption" if it was stolen and leaked by private citizens. How do you explain that?
I don't either, but maybe it's not actually about "public corruption" .. shades of Steele dossier, Strzok, and all that...

Quote:
Who says it just happened out of the blue?
They're just now going after the diary, which was what had started this.

Quote:
Because the PV folks admitted to being in posession of the diary at one point? Seems logical.
And PV admitted they gave it to the cops. So, why didn't the FBI break down the door of the police station and ransack that place instead?

Old 11-10-2021, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Who do you figure?
No clue. Haven't given it much thought, honestly.

Quote:
I don't either, but maybe it's not actually about "public corruption" .. shades of Steele dossier, Strzok, and all that...
Maybe the moon is made of green cheese. "Maybe" don't feed the bulldog, does it?

Quote:
They're just now going after the diary, which was what had started this.
The investigation was started quite a while ago.

Quote:
And PV admitted they gave it to the cops. So, why didn't the FBI break down the door of the police station and ransack that place instead?
Again, they probably aren't looking for the actual diary. Stolen diaries != public corruption.

Old 11-10-2021, 12:44 PM

Quote:
No clue. Haven't given it much thought, honestly.

Maybe the moon is made of green cheese. "Maybe" don't feed the bulldog, does it?

The investigation was started quite a while ago.

Again, they probably aren't looking for the actual diary. Stolen diaries != public corruption.
Date it started?

Old 11-10-2021, 01:13 PM

22,450 posts, read 11,977,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
Oh my word, this is so ridiculous! What a crock of bull. Just another false story that people want to spread.
Seriously?

Take a look at this link:

https://archive.org/details/ashley-b...e/n33/mode/2up

Old 11-10-2021, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Date it started?
Google

Old 11-10-2021, 02:19 PM

Quote:
So, no date. The investigation just recently started. Gotcha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies