Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2021, 04:33 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times

Advertisements

Threads like this remind me of why I hate this country.

1) The county attorney says that race had nothing to do with it.

2) I can't tell if they both killed her or if only one of them killed her and the other was an accomplice.

3) The police say they have the motive, so I assume we will know more over the next few days.

4) There were 21,570 murders in 2020. Which is about 59 every day. I don't know if this one was any more brutal than the other 58 that happened on the same day. Do the people who want the death penalty in this case want the death penalty for the other 58 as well?

Old 11-06-2021, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
There is no reforming the likes of them.
Why would you say that?

Old 11-06-2021, 04:52 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Why would you say that?
Sorry - I have little faith in rehabilitating someone like these kids who kill out of spite or pleasure. We don't need their ilk in society. This was not an accident - they are old enough to know right vs wrong - I don't feel tax payer dollars should be spent on housing, feeding and educating them when the chance that they reoffend once released is 75%. For this horrific crime - an eye for an eye - the next time it may be your mother.

Old 11-06-2021, 05:07 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
She was a teacher at the two alleged killers’ high school which means to varying degrees of certainty, but all high, the following:
  • She was not on welfare.
  • She paid taxes.
  • She was a US citizen.
  • She has been in the country well over a decade.
  • She did not take drugs, let alone sell them.
  • If she voted it was because she was a registered voter.
  • She did something at school to one or both of them that angered them so much they killed her.
  • This was not a racially motivated killing, and if it was, it was secondary to the above.
  • School personnel will not be surprised these two killed someone.
  • Trump supporters are more likely to demand the book be thrown at her killers and use this is an example of why we need the death penalty than think any of the things you claim they do.
There are many things about this killing to be outraged over but Trump supporters don’t belong anywhere on that list.

Last edited by Yac; 11-07-2021 at 10:43 PM..

Old 11-06-2021, 05:17 AM

Quote:
I have little faith in rehabilitating someone who kills out of spite.
Isn't that pretty much every murderer?

Quote:
They are old enough to know right vs wrong
I think a five-year old knows it is wrong to kill someone. Maybe younger.

Quote:
I don't feel tax payer dollars should be spent on housing, feeding and educating them when the chance that they reoffend once released is 75%.
I agree, kill anyone who commits a crime.

Quote:
For this horrific crime - an eye for an eye - the next time it may be your mother.
What was horrific about it?

Old 11-06-2021, 07:03 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Apparently the cops have evidence of a motive. It sounds like one killed her and the other helped with the body. I’d like to hear the motivation before fully judging the boys.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 11-06-2021, 07:36 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
Death penalty is effective revenge (not deterrent)

No, it's a very effective deterrent. It will make someone think twice about killing another human, and it assures that the evil scumbag that committed that particular murder never kills again.

Old 11-06-2021, 09:54 AM

3,078 posts, read 3,264,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
No, it's a very effective deterrent. It will make someone think twice about killing another human, and it assures that the evil scumbag that committed that particular murder never kills again.
You mean in theory it should be a "very effective deterrent", do you have evidence of it's efficacy as a deterrent?

Old 11-06-2021, 10:01 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Alabama has the death penalty and will use it. It still continues to be among the top 5 states for murder. Fairfield, AL is essentially a violent rust belt town outside of Birmingham. Birmingham, at 52 murders per 100,000, has a murder rate comparable to Baltimore.
The death penalty is obviously not a deterrent. However, if you pair it with life no-parole it is a very useful tool in eliciting confessions and closing many many other cases the person was involved in.

ie.) Green River serial killer Gary Ridgeway.

Old 11-07-2021, 11:38 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Originally Posted by PesachSeder; OK, two white kids killed a Latino woman. I'm sure trump supporters will saying she was probably in this country illegally, living off welfare not paying taxes dealing drugs and voting fraudulently.

Quote:
Nope - even Trump supporters like myself would say - give the kids the death penalty or at least prison for life - there is no reforming the likes of them. Your bigotry brought on by the incessant watching of the liberal news organizations is really showing.

Great response xray731
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies