Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2021, 10:18 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,679 times

Advertisements

OP: Let's look at some of Joe Biden's many accomplishments in his first months as president

I totally agree with the OP about ending the war in Afghanistan. This president ended that 20-year war, something none of his three predecessors had the courage to do, even as the costs of that war were compounded daily.

IMO the Biden administration has engineered transformational progress on many fronts:

*Where there had been no plan to administer vaccines, when he took office 10 months ago, today over 232.2 million Americans have received at least one dose and the vaccines are easily available to every American free of charge; and the administration maintains an ongoing vaccination and educational effort to contain the spread of the virus and promote public health.

*Our vaccine diplomacy efforts lead the world, with commitments to share 1.1 billion doses to countries in need worldwide.

*Biden’s $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan has cut the child poverty rate in half.

*More jobs, 4.1 million, were created in the first six months of his administration than in the 12 years of the Trump and Bush administrations combined.

*Biden implemented numerous executive orders undoing Trump administration policies that damaged the environment, put our security at risk, or violated the rights of Americans.

*Biden made combatting climate change a priority again. The U.S. re-entered the Paris Climate Accords

*The USA re-joined the World Health Organization.

*The U.S. repaired damaged relations with allies.

*Biden has appointed new judges at a faster rate than his predecessors.

*He has appointed the most diverse cabinet in American history as well as the most diverse set of judges

*Vice President Kamala Harris has led efforts to oversee police reform, to work with the nations of Central America to curb the flow of undocumented immigrants into the U.S., and to bolster our alliances to ensure stability in Asia.

*The Biden administration has been quick and non critical & non-judgmental in providing essential aid when disasters like wildfires in the West, hurricanes in the South, and flooding in the East brought pain to millions of our citizens in so called red and blue states alike.

**And how about our POTUS, Joe Biden, providing a $1.75 trillion framework to cut taxes for ordinary Americans and make it easier for them to afford health care and housing, send their kids to pre-kindergarten and college, and adopt clean new power for their homes and cars.

**And in only 10 months of being in office we got INFRASTRUCTURE WEEK. This administration accomplished the passage of a $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill that will provide broadband Internet and lead-free drinking water to every American, and better roads, bridges and ports for all to enjoy. A BI-PARTISAN measure funding improvements to transportation & electricity and necessities from which we all will benefit.

Although the above list is not all inclusive, of this administration's achievements, it certainly is robust and healthy and accomplished, IMO. I say well done, thanks, and keep on keepin' on.

And a shout out to the OP who made me stop and think of all the positives that this administration's hard work and tireless efforts have accumulated, in such a short time, let alone during a global pandemic, and with a handicap of no transition assist from the former guy or his team. It is eye opening and hopeful, to say the least. Far superior to focusing on the drumbeat of negativity and criticism from those, in our nation, whose goal is to obstruct forward progress and democracy itself, rather than being a part of any solutions to the problems that confront all of us in these United States of America.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 11-07-2021 at 10:38 AM..

Old 11-07-2021, 11:16 AM

23,221 posts, read 29,044,905 times
I have learned that Bernie Sanders and others are trying hard to succeed at getting Medicare to negotiate drug prices with Big Pharma. That would be one of the best accomplishments of the Biden years if that happens!

We're I believe the only country that can't negotiate prices with Big Pharma.

Old 11-07-2021, 12:42 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,525,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
LOL. Biden is a scumbag.

Without knowing him - I can safely say he is part of Trump's top demographic- white- under-educated and male. This is probably the way he learned to have discussions at home with his family. He thinks he is making a point and he is correct-- he is making MY POINT LOL

As for Biden I'm just not sure of his focus- maybe he is just being flexible.

We absolutely need infrastructure Many y bridges and roads are dangerous and its bad for business to have difficult commutes.√√√√√ Great marks on that

Do we need Social Engineering and money being thrown at poverty-- I would say "Not so much" I dont think those programs are cost-effective or even effective at all. ---- Lower marks on that but he has to sate the liberal left.

Police need support - I need to research this better - Im not so much interested in what politicians say but what they do.

COVID-- he gets good marks on that as well.

So far he is ok - I think the demanding left and the obstructionist Republicans are detrimental to progress.

Old 11-07-2021, 12:44 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,792,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGurlHeather View Post
It's good that you'll not vote for him again, but if you really look at Biden's message, it's very centrist compared to what's coming out of the House. To trash him is to trash the middle road of the Democratic party. Get rid of him and something worse may get put in place...
I look at the policies he signs off on, not the words he says. Words are cheap.

The policies he signs off on or advocates for are full-blown left-wing loony.

Also he can't even string a sentence together nor can he answer unscripted questions. He's gotta go. Or is that a she now...he acts like a Karen so maybe he identifies as a she.

Old 11-07-2021, 12:49 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Basically 24 hours and 4 pages of nothing....

Don't think this was the way the op meant this thread to go....

Old 11-07-2021, 01:27 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
OP: Let's look at some of Joe Biden's many accomplishments in his first months as president

I totally agree with the OP about ending the war in Afghanistan. This president ended that 20-year war, something none of his three predecessors had the courage to do, even as the costs of that war were compounded daily.

IMO the Biden administration has engineered transformational progress on many fronts:

*Where there had been no plan to administer vaccines, when he took office 10 months ago, today over 232.2 million Americans have received at least one dose and the vaccines are easily available to every American free of charge; and the administration maintains an ongoing vaccination and educational effort to contain the spread of the virus and promote public health.

*Our vaccine diplomacy efforts lead the world, with commitments to share 1.1 billion doses to countries in need worldwide.

*Biden’s $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan has cut the child poverty rate in half.

*More jobs, 4.1 million, were created in the first six months of his administration than in the 12 years of the Trump and Bush administrations combined.

*Biden implemented numerous executive orders undoing Trump administration policies that damaged the environment, put our security at risk, or violated the rights of Americans.

*Biden made combatting climate change a priority again. The U.S. re-entered the Paris Climate Accords

*The USA re-joined the World Health Organization.

*The U.S. repaired damaged relations with allies.

*Biden has appointed new judges at a faster rate than his predecessors.

*He has appointed the most diverse cabinet in American history as well as the most diverse set of judges

*Vice President Kamala Harris has led efforts to oversee police reform, to work with the nations of Central America to curb the flow of undocumented immigrants into the U.S., and to bolster our alliances to ensure stability in Asia.

*The Biden administration has been quick and non critical & non-judgmental in providing essential aid when disasters like wildfires in the West, hurricanes in the South, and flooding in the East brought pain to millions of our citizens in so called red and blue states alike.

**And how about our POTUS, Joe Biden, providing a $1.75 trillion framework to cut taxes for ordinary Americans and make it easier for them to afford health care and housing, send their kids to pre-kindergarten and college, and adopt clean new power for their homes and cars.

**And in only 10 months of being in office we got INFRASTRUCTURE WEEK. This administration accomplished the passage of a $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill that will provide broadband Internet and lead-free drinking water to every American, and better roads, bridges and ports for all to enjoy. A BI-PARTISAN measure funding improvements to transportation & electricity and necessities from which we all will benefit.

Although the above list is not all inclusive, of this administration's achievements, it certainly is robust and healthy and accomplished, IMO. I say well done, thanks, and keep on keepin' on.

And a shout out to the OP who made me stop and think of all the positives that this administration's hard work and tireless efforts have accumulated, in such a short time, let alone during a global pandemic, and with a handicap of no transition assist from the former guy or his team. It is eye opening and hopeful, to say the least. Far superior to focusing on the drumbeat of negativity and criticism from those, in our nation, whose goal is to obstruct forward progress and democracy itself, rather than being a part of any solutions to the problems that confront all of us in these United States of America.

He did get us out of Afghanistan, in the most sloppy, incompetent, lack of planning and common sense possible.
Vaccines were just available and getting started at the end of Trumps presidency so Biden didn’t do much except take credit
Still have children in poverty so that hasn’t changed, maybe thrown some crumbs their way. Will have more with all the parents who would lose their jobs if they choose not to give in to Biden’s blackmail mandates
I guess states that shutdown a lot of businesses finely opened up after their state’s opening up per covid counts, plus adding more useless government jobs made for by taxpayers
Diverse doesn’t mean nothing if they aren’t very good
Defunding police didn’t do very well during elections and ignoring the borders isn’t efficient

Infrastructure hasn’t passed the senate yet, but I doubt it would help average Americans other then special interest groups

He hasn’t done anything about shortages, high prices, and several problems that are hurting average Americans, but has done a lot to help illegal immigrants, they are exempt from the vaccine mandates.

Old 11-07-2021, 01:30 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGurlHeather View Post
It's good that you'll not vote for him again, but if you really look at Biden's message, it's very centrist compared to what's coming out of the House. To trash him is to trash the middle road of the Democratic party. Get rid of him and something worse may get put in place...
what!!......centrist?......middle road???

what's in the house would make Lenin look centrist.....get out of here

Biden is no more centrist than I can fly.................

Old 11-07-2021, 03:00 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,728 times
Does the OP even like Biden or does he just post BS just to spite Trump and Republicans?

Old 11-07-2021, 03:05 PM

270 posts, read 193,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
LOL. Biden is a scumbag.
No he's not! He's an old man who should be retired and enjoying his golden years. His eyes were bigger than his liver on being president, as he is too old to be flying around the world, when he should be home resting, or maybe playing a bit of golf.

We need an upper age limit on political positions, particularly the presidency.

Old 11-07-2021, 03:09 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,525,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
what!!......centrist?......middle road???

what's in the house would make Lenin look centrist.....get out of here

Biden is no more centrist than I can fly.................

Once again consider the source. This person lives on the Miami page and is quick to point out any crime where a Black person is involved- but never if its a white person.

It also believes there are no rising oceans and even though about 20 sources were provided - she relies on one chart the the NOAA made which she couldn't read totmake her case 1 vs 20+ Of course the NOAA in its summation certainly believes in rising oceans and has made that clear but those are in long paragraphs and ( and titles) so they went beyond her/it.

Once again its the Trump demographic -white and under-educated.

My opinions on Biden were presented earlier and they are somewhat mixed. Far Liberal Dems and obstructionist Republicans have agendas that are not best for our country. Trumpers can barely spell "agenda"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies