Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2021, 02:32 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times

Advertisements

I'm surprised people aren't stealing food. I guess there are too many cameras around these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2021, 02:39 AM

2,335 posts, read 814,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I'm surprised people aren't stealing food. I guess there are too many cameras around these days.
Yeah, the first thing the Middle Class does when there's inflation is resort to a life of crime

Old 11-07-2021, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Oh Kay, Baghdad Bob.

Let me know when I need to run for the hills.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Goodtime Charlie's got the blues

Old 11-07-2021, 03:16 AM

7,342 posts, read 3,514,319 times
“I’m from the government, and I’m here to help”

The liberals will only start to care when they can’t get their new iPhone every few years or their Starbucks fix but sadly, they will think that the answer to their problems is simply more government.

Old 11-07-2021, 03:30 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,388,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Let me know when I need to run for the hills.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Goodtime Charlie's got the blues
Have you ever lost a career of 28 years because the government demanded you get injected with unproven "vaccines" that don't actually work, and still leave you vulnerable to infection, and spreading, of a virus manufactured/funded by the same government, and you refused to COMPLY?

I DID!!!

Decipher THAT!

Old 11-07-2021, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Have you ever lost a career of 28 years because the government demanded you get injected with unproven "vaccines" that don't actually work, and still leave you vulnerable to infection, and spreading, of a virus manufactured/funded by the same government, and you refused to COMPLY?

I DID!!!

Decipher THAT!

Oh my. The victim role looks so good on you. I'm actually leaving my job and I'm not worried at all about it....got lots of prospects. But I've never looked at myself as a victim.

Any more personal tangents we need to look at? Seems to me like your situation would suck even if we had deflation....not all that relevant to the topic at hand.

Last edited by dicipher; 11-07-2021 at 04:20 AM..

Old 11-07-2021, 04:17 AM

43,059 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Just have to tighten those belts and cut back. Not like high inflation never hit before.
The last time we had high inflation was late 70's early 80's. People had to adapt and adjust and made it through just fine.

Going to have to reign in that discretionary spending, cut out the trendy coffees and start eating at home more.

Old 11-07-2021, 04:21 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
All part of the plan. An impoverished, hungry, downtrodden populace is less a threat to an authoritarian government.
Also a dependent populace is easier to control, hence the war on small business and the economy.

Old 11-07-2021, 05:00 AM

4,542 posts, read 2,265,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Oh my. The victim role looks so good on you. I'm actually leaving my job and I'm not worried at all about it....got lots of prospects. But I've never looked at myself as a victim.

Any more personal tangents we need to look at? Seems to me like your situation would suck even if we had deflation....not all that relevant to the topic at hand.
Great attitude. As long as you have yours, everyone else should be ok too.

Old 11-07-2021, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Great attitude. As long as you have yours, everyone else should be ok too.
Yeah great attitude to stay on topic. Or perhaps you can explain how his situation would be better regardless of times being inflationary or deflationary for this poster?

It has nothing to do with me having mine but more about being personally responsible for my life and not playing a victim. I suspect if you were to look at the history of some of these posters, they are the very ones that constantly chime out their mantras of picking oneself up by the bootstraps. They probably were the same ones that didn't think much of businesses being shut down by government and then calling people deadbeats when they were out of work and collecting unemployment. Yeah, I know the group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies