Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2021, 05:54 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Uh, pretty much, for me.
I am an ex sailor who feels women have no place on ships.
LOLOL…thank you for serving when you did, as you wouldn’t last in today’s Navy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2021, 08:32 PM

25,555 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307
Uh, pretty much, for me.
I am an ex sailor who feels women have no place on ships.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
No, I'd be fine.
I feel women have no place on ships at sea, but that is only my opinion - which I am allowed to have.
I am also mature enough to know when I am outvoted and to go along with the policy. That's a concept several of you seem to have a hard time with. Some of you carry on as if your opinion should always be considered - and, of course, you are wrong. Sometimes our opinion simply doesn't count.

I have many opinions that run counter to the status quo, and probably so do you.

Old 11-07-2021, 09:22 PM

Quote:
No, I'd be fine.
I feel women have no place on ships at sea, but that is only my opinion - which I am allowed to have.
I am also mature enough to know when I am outvoted and to go along with the policy. That's a concept several of you seem to have a hard time with. Some of you carry on as if your opinion should always be considered - and, of course, you are wrong. Sometimes our opinion simply doesn't count.

I have many opinions that run counter to the status quo, and probably so do you.
Indeed you are entitled to have your opinion and no one said otherwise. However, people with your attitude tend to struggle when someone directly above you in your chain of command is someone who you deem unfit to be there. Sorry.

Old 11-07-2021, 10:33 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGurlHeather View Post
Seems very much like you guys don't like gay people...
No, it doesn't sound like that. It sounds like people want the military to focus on effectiveness in warfare rather than political correctness.

Old 11-07-2021, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
So what is it, conservatives? "We support the troops, but only if they are straight and cisgender"?
We support the troops if they are actually on our side, which we can no longer take for granted. We do not support the LEADERSHIP (which is what you should be talking about ) if they sacrifice effectiveness for "diversity" or political correctness, which they have been doing for a long time now.

Old 11-07-2021, 11:30 PM

Quote:
He's right. Women have no place on naval ships. And it's crazy to think otherwise.

Old 11-08-2021, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
He's right. Women have no place on naval ships. And it's crazy to think otherwise.
Another one who doesn’t support our military. Noted.

Old 11-08-2021, 07:21 AM

25,555 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Indeed you are entitled to have your opinion and no one said otherwise. However, people with your attitude tend to struggle when someone directly above you in your chain of command is someone who you deem unfit to be there. Sorry.
You may struggle when things are not to your liking, but I do not. Have you forgotten your anti-Republican posts are still here?

You SAY we are all entitled to our own opinion, but when they do not mesh with yours you are quick to snipe and accuse. Read your own past posts and see for yourself.

I say I do not believe women belong on ships. You did not ask why I believe that, you simply started your personal attacks and accusations.

Old 11-08-2021, 09:05 AM

Quote:
You may struggle when things are not to your liking, but I do not. Have you forgotten your anti-Republican posts are still here?

You SAY we are all entitled to our own opinion, but when they do not mesh with yours you are quick to snipe and accuse. Read your own past posts and see for yourself.

I say I do not believe women belong on ships. You did not ask why I believe that, you simply started your personal attacks and accusations.
Apparently you do struggle, thus your comments here. You are clearly bothered at the views which I hold that are anti-Republican Party views. You say we are all entitled to our own opinion but when they do not mesh with yours you are quick to snipe and accuse. Read your own past posts and see for yourself.

You are bothered because I didn’t ask you the reason behind your views. The military is not about you. Plain and simple, your attitude is not compatible with today’s Navy. That’s a fact, not a personal attack or accusation.

Old 11-08-2021, 09:19 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Navy ship named for “gay rights icon” Harvey Milk, christened by a transgender navy veteran and attended by the “first openly gay mayor of SanDiego”
https://timesofsandiego.com/military...-saved-a-life/
Isn't all that new.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ed_States_Navy

Scroll down, you'll find Ceasar Chavez, Sacajawea and a civil rights leader or two and a host of others.

In case anyone has trouble spotting some of them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USNS_M...vers_(T-AKE-13)

They started construction on the Sacajawea in 2004.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies