Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2021, 08:48 AM

78,329 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
I voted for Biden and am definitely in the disappointed, don't approve category now. That said, good to see how many people don't want Trump to run in '24. Tired of having to choose between the unethical and the inept.
^^This. Said it before, if Trump runs again I'm registering Repub to vote against him in the primaries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2021, 08:50 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,791,886 times
The bar up the road, a very popular spot, has a sign on the door “closed due to staffing shortage”. There seems to be shortages of everything people notice this stuff and they feel like things are not under control.

Old 11-08-2021, 09:05 AM

30,351 posts, read 19,128,594 times
This looking like the greatest mid-term shellacking in history.

Old 11-08-2021, 09:36 AM

4,541 posts, read 2,265,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Obama passed an expensive bill to fix it all.

What happened to that money? Why isn't everything already fixed?

How many times do you think we should pass bills spending gobs of money to fix things when they never end up getting fixed?

Exactly! Didn't we give Obama trillions of dollars for infrastructure? Where is that money? Probably in Iran.

Old 11-08-2021, 11:15 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
38 percent is way too high!
I agree, every week we hear of a new poll saying his numbers have dropped to 38. They have used that same number for weeks now. The actual number is far less than 38.

Old 11-08-2021, 11:18 AM

17,604 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
I agree, every week we hear of a new poll saying his numbers have dropped to 38. They have used that same number for weeks now. The actual number is far less than 38.
If Kamala is at 27% as this poll says, then Joey is either there or lower.

Old 11-08-2021, 11:20 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
With the passing of Infrastructure Biil and his signing expect a boost. Biden is showing us all how it works.
Brandon is indeed showing America and the world how he works, his successes, or lack thereof, will place him solidly into the history books, by a very large margin, the worst president in the history of America. The only way to prevent that happening is that if he continues on his present path of destruction, there will soon be no America and no history books

Old 11-08-2021, 11:20 AM

6,781 posts, read 9,332,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
This looking like the greatest mid-term shellacking in history.
I certainly hope so, but I don’t want to see people count chickens before they’ve hatched, so to speak.

One funny thing about the bipartisan “infrastructure” bill is that some are saying that Joe Biden will get a bit of a bump in approval because of that, but I literally know nobody who was hinging their outlook on Joe Biden or the direction of the country on the passage of that bill.

I guess we’ll see what the averages look like within the next few weeks.

Old 11-08-2021, 01:31 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
I voted for Biden and am definitely in the disappointed, don't approve category now. That said, good to see how many people don't want Trump to run in '24. Tired of having to choose between the unethical and the inept.
I wouldn't mind seeing a capable moderate Republican run. If it's Trump again, though, I will vote for whoever the Dem candidate is. I'm not crazy about either party at this point, but I sure as hell don't want a repeat of 2016.

That being said, I think 2022 is going to go GOP. And if there are any Dems out there, including politicians who are taken by surprise, they haven't been paying attention.

Old 11-08-2021, 01:47 PM

4,159 posts, read 4,872,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
The bar up the road, a very popular spot, has a sign on the door “closed due to staffing shortage”. There seems to be shortages of everything people notice this stuff and they feel like things are not under control.
I stopped by Bojangles last Friday to pick up dinner. After 4pm it's drive through only with no front counter service so I spent nearly an hour waiting in line with the car engine running just to get chicken. I won't be doing that again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies