Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2022, 07:13 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
You make no sense, or misunderstand what I'm saying. I don't live in a crappy area of town where I have to worry about someone popping me behind the ear with a 9mm maybe you do?
"where I have to worry about someone popping me behind the ear with a 9mm maybe you do?"

Most criminals do NOT rob from the poor because they have NOTHING!

Old 05-23-2022, 07:18 AM

Quote:
I never did question it what I said was I refuse to live somewhere where I have to carry because crime is so high.

Most who open carry are doing it as a self esteem booster makes them feel tough likely were bullied in high school.
"Most who open carry are doing it as a self esteem booster makes them feel tough"

And you have PERSONALLY talked to "most" to come up with this statement of fact?

"You are entitled to your own OPINION, NOT your own FACTS!"

Old 05-23-2022, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Have an example of your analogy in real life??

Odds will always be stacked against you when you shoot, or even draw your firearm in self defense.

Standards are different by county, and state some DA's will charge you if they think there is a 5% chance of conviction they know 85% of jury trials end in conviction in state courts. This is why most take plea deals going to trial have a 15% chance of acquittal. Your social media will be used against you also. I rather be carried by 6 then be judged guilty by 12 spend many years in prison. Most Juries are elderly people because they are retired and have nothing to do not the best people to be sitting in judgement of you.

Many private business don't allow customers to carry guns in their stores, so it requires you to leave it in your vehicle end up possibly stolen.
"Many private business don't allow customers to carry guns in their stores"
You might want to look up what "concealed" means!

Old 05-23-2022, 07:25 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
There are no local businesses in my area that prohibit carry. It would cost too many customers. I seldom carry, but I like the idea of being able to carry if I feel like it.

Old 05-23-2022, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Why do other civilized countries that don't have a second amendment have lower gun homicide rates. I don't see how any civilized country can function normally with 400 million guns floating around and the solution on this thread is more guns.
"Why do other civilized countries that don't have a second amendment have lower gun homicide rates"
1 reason, they have much STRICTER and longer punishments then we do.

Much LESS bail allowed, longer jail time WITHOUT bail, much harsher jails, guilty until proven innocent, etc.

There are may factors.

Maybe YOU shoiuld do some research BEFORE making assumptions and comparisons.

Old 05-23-2022, 01:15 PM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Quote:
Most who open carry are doing it as a self esteem booster makes them feel tough likely were bullied in high school.
The usual smears directed at those who disagree.

The usual complete lack of any references or data to support the smears.

Old 05-23-2022, 01:18 PM

13,238 posts, read 7,286,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You can carry past a sign and your caught your automatically guilty of trespassing unless you want a criminal record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post

My own observations I live in a state where open carry has been a thing for years.

Old 05-23-2022, 01:31 PM

29,505 posts, read 19,602,720 times
Quote:
Have an example of your analogy in real life??

Odds will always be stacked against you when you shoot, or even draw your firearm in self defense.

Standards are different by county, and state some DA's will charge you if they think there is a 5% chance of conviction they know 85% of jury trials end in conviction in state courts. This is why most take plea deals going to trial have a 15% chance of acquittal. Your social media will be used against you also. I rather be carried by 6 then be judged guilty by 12 spend many years in prison. Most Juries are elderly people because they are retired and have nothing to do not the best people to be sitting in judgement of you.

Many private business don't allow customers to carry guns in their stores, so it requires you to leave it in your vehicle end up possibly stolen.
Illinois doesn't have open carry but I have a CCL and brought it with me to the sushi restaurant I took my family to Saturday night. It was in the city (Chicago) so... Yeah I'm carrying it. Rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

Old 05-23-2022, 01:32 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
You can carry past a sign and your caught your automatically guilty of trespassing unless you want a criminal record.

My own observations I live in a state where open carry has been a thing for years.
In my state, the sign has to be a specific size, with specific size letters, and no business here has them. It would cost them too much business. Open carry is even allowed in Walmart. Only places you can't carry are schools and government buildings and hospitals. My daughter and my grandkids are camping in a state park this weekend and open carry is allowed.

Old 05-23-2022, 01:39 PM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post

Quote:
Ah, I see.

YOU are the one who you say was bullied in high school.

And YOU are the one who needs a "self esteem booster", and you believe that carrying a gun "makes you feel tough".

Have you discussed these feelings of yours, with someone who can help you?

Or were you going to quote somebody else, and demonstrate that THEY have those feelings? Who was it, and what exactly did they tell you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies