Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2021, 08:51 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,251,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It's not sex ed.

It's how it's taught. Indoctrination.

Not facts.

Color me surprised that people can't understand the difference.
I am sorry if I am dense.
Can you explain it. Exactly how is the curriculum or survey indoctrination?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2021, 08:52 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,171,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
So they already know that young people are sexually active. Why do they need to survey them in detail? Just teach the subject academically and scientifically.

I'm from a different mindset, where you send the kids to school to learn subjects like history, math and reading. I don't even see how the school is responsible for a private thing like sexuality, that often intersects with religion, which is the parent's domain.

My kids are out of school now, but in our current climate, if I had to do it again I'd home school. It is becoming clear that schools are far too interested in molding children, rather than teaching them.
See below.

Quote:
The results provide a snapshot of our youth in Fairfax County but also serve as a barometer of our own effectiveness as a community in fostering healthful choices in our young people. County, school, and community-based organizations rely on the results to assess youth needs and strengths, develop programs, monitor trends, measure countywide outcomes, and guide countywide planning of prevention efforts. The survey is also an important tool for measuring student achievement goals related to essential life skills and responsibility to the community. Most importantly, the survey gives parents, youth, and community members a sense of our challenges and our strengths and how to build upon those strengths.
https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/health...sked-questions

43,076 posts, read 18,252,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
The article said that this is a collaboration between the County Govt and the School System. There is no indication that the information will be provided to staff in general. Further, it seems the article is only written to get people riled up. The article claims there is no info regarding how the results will be used when the county government site explains the reason for the survey.

So a sex survey of 12 year olds "measure achievement goals" ? I wonder what goals the school system has set regarding the sexual activity of 12 year olds.

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I am sorry if I am dense.
Can you explain it. Exactly how is the curriculum or survey indoctrination?
If I believed you were authentic in your question I would.

I don't.

Old 11-09-2021, 08:54 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
How does an anonymous survey indoctrinate?
Any survey can indoctrinate by the nature of its language and questions.

Ask any marketer or pollster.

Old 11-09-2021, 08:55 AM

Quote:
If I believed you were authentic in your question I would.

I don't.
Then you are missing an opportunity for someone to listen.
I have been nothing but honest and open and respectful here.

Old 11-09-2021, 08:55 AM

43,076 posts, read 18,252,401 times
Maybe the demographics of VA are driving this. I know in NYC the public schools will give the girls plan B and take them to get IUD's inserted. It's called CATCH.

Maybe there are too many teens giving birth and this is their way of trying to get it under control.

Old 11-09-2021, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Why?

If a guy on the street were asking kids these questions, he'd be arrested. The community would be in uproar and the guy would be hunted down. Ever seen those FB threads where moms post about the weird guy in the park and warn other parents???

Why does the teacher need to know this?
Where does it say that teachers will know? This is a collaboration between the County Govt and the School System. The county website has more info.

Quote:
The results provide a snapshot of our youth in Fairfax County but also serve as a barometer of our own effectiveness as a community in fostering healthful choices in our young people. County, school, and community-based organizations rely on the results to assess youth needs and strengths, develop programs, monitor trends, measure countywide outcomes, and guide countywide planning of prevention efforts. The survey is also an important tool for measuring student achievement goals related to essential life skills and responsibility to the community. Most importantly, the survey gives parents, youth, and community members a sense of our challenges and our strengths and how to build upon those strengths.

Old 11-09-2021, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Any survey can indoctrinate by the nature of its language and questions.

Ask any marketer or pollster.
Do you know that the case here? Or are you assuming.

Old 11-09-2021, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
So a sex survey of 12 year olds "measure achievement goals" ? I wonder what goals the school system has set regarding the sexual activity of 12 year olds.
Before that, the county website states the following:

Quote:
County, school, and community-based organizations rely on the results to assess youth needs and strengths, develop programs, monitor trends, measure countywide outcomes, and guide countywide planning of prevention efforts.
Further, maybe they have a goal to reduce the number of sexually active 12 yrs old and/or educate them about the dangers of engaging in sex so early. Who knows? Perhaps you can contact the county for specifics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies