Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2021, 01:11 PM

36,492 posts, read 30,827,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
In other words...the owners?

Same thing as no shirt, no shoes, no service. It's technically trespassing if you violate. Even if it's not enforced.

And getting back to my main point. It's simply rude to ignore such a posted request whether there are repercussions or not.
No, you either buy a franchise or are a stock holder. Its not the stockholders or the independent owner of a franchise that are individually putting up those signs. It is the corporation.
And no it is not technically trespassing if you are not asked to leave the premises.

Do you really think that when I enter my local Dollar General in BFE, TN those signs requesting people follow the CDC recommendations to ware a face covering were put up by Carl Turner, Jr. and that he feels disrespected if I don't wear one? You think the general manager who probably makes 9$/hr. cares if I wear one? You think the corporation cares if I wear one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2021, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Missouri South of I70 no mask mandates St Louis Kansas City and Columbia had mandates till like end of April or early June

Really still need the is any place with more than 10 people

I still wear a mask when I go into a store even though I had the first 2 shots and and got the booster shot 5 days ago
Why, is it because a sign requests it and it would be rude to ignore the signage request.

Old 11-09-2021, 01:28 PM

17,297 posts, read 12,228,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Why, is it because a sign requests it and it would be rude to ignore the signage request.
Yes.

If you see a stay off the grass sign but there is nobody around to see do you just trample across it?

Last edited by notnamed; 11-09-2021 at 01:41 PM..

Old 11-09-2021, 01:41 PM

43,054 posts, read 18,223,725 times
We have no mandate here in SC. There are some people that do wear them inside the stores.

Old 11-09-2021, 02:13 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,401,997 times
There's still a mask mandate in Chicago, but it's becoming less and less strict. Sometimes I see people walking around in grocery stores with their masks pulled down and no one says anything. When I go to Planet Fitness, I usually have my mask down to my chin the entire time and no one says anything.

Thank God almost no one wears a mask outside anymore... People looked so stupid walking outside last year with those face diapers.

Old 11-09-2021, 04:13 PM

39,855 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
No mask rules here (Tennessee), never was a state mask rule. Some liberal cities had them in 2020 but most people ignored them. Very few people wear masks here voluntarily. Employees in businesses are forced to wear them by some employers but those people don’t wear them correctly anyway. There is almost zero public buy in on masks here. People are just sick and tired of hearing about covid. There is open contempt for covid restrictions here. I bet I just described the attitude in EVERY red state not just mine.
I just moved to TN about 2 1/2 months ago, and echo what you said. I rarely see customers wearing masks anywhere, and most places employees are not as well. I moved here from Idaho, it was very similar there. In Idaho there was a LOT of pushback against the governor last summer, when he was slower opening up than people wanted (following the federal guidelines).

Old 11-10-2021, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Yes.

If you see a stay off the grass sign but there is nobody around to see do you just trample across it?
If you saw a sign that said sing "I'm a yankee doodle dandy" while on the premises would you do it?

Old 11-10-2021, 06:45 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
No mask mandates where I live. We had them, and then as the vaccines rolled out, the mask mandates ended. The only exception are buses, Lyft, and Uber.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies