Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2021, 12:08 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
What was his healthcare plan? I just recall it was "repeal ACA and don't replace it". Every time they were asked, his administration gave a vague promise to come out with a plan approximately two weeks in the future, and they did that until the Republicans lost the House.
Still waiting for the GOP healthcare plan.

Old 11-09-2021, 12:10 PM

628 posts, read 286,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
More harmful than Clinton’s semen and Obama/Biden’s racism and communism?
I didn't think Clinton's semen and/or Obama/Biden's beliefs were up for discussion in this thread. Reread the title. Unless some of you hate Trump because of Clinton's semen or Obama/Biden's said beliefs? Anyone?

Old 11-09-2021, 12:11 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
For the most part it looks like people don't like Trump for his personality even though his policies were pretty good and worked well for the country. Of course there are a few exceptions but there will always be those that disliked something.

My thinking is Desantis is a lot like Trump. He doesn't put up with much and he lets it be known how he feels about things. He's not afraid of the media and those that oppose him, just as Trump wasn't afraid. Desantis won't be a suger-coater just as Trump was.

Some people say they would prefer Desantis but if his attitude is very similar to Trumps then I prefer Trump. We've already seen what he can do amid all the false accusation of the media and dems. He kept plugging along no matter how Pelosi tried to stop him. She spent the whole 4 years trying to pull him down but she was unsuccessful. She wasted so much time on this. It was clear then she didn't care about the country.

I, personally hope Trump runs again. I think people have learned their lesson to vote against Trump again. They see what can happen. At least we know Trump loves the country and won't try to be a dictator and control us. He's got the experience. If the left don't like him, who cares...that's on them to hate the country. We're not going to make them happy no matter who runs so I just hope Trump runs again and can straighten some of this mess out. I think if anyone can, it would be him.
Interesting. Seems like you didn't listen (or read) half the comments in this thread. Put your rose colored glasses back on and carry on.

Old 11-09-2021, 12:12 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Even during his campaign, Trump did present an outline for his health care plan, but as soon as he took office, and for the next three years, he was undermined by the false Trump-Russia collusion scam. The lie, that Trump might be a traitor to his own country and colluded with the Russians, prevented even his own Party members in Congress from being willing to work with him on his agenda.
So you are saying he can't multi task. Ok.

Old 11-09-2021, 12:17 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,167,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
I agree, it shouldn't be. But we know it is.

The advent of televised debates with Nixon-Kennedy showed us that.
It was probably a big reason that Hillary lost, too.

Old 11-09-2021, 12:20 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
For the most part it looks like people don't like Trump for his personality even though his policies were pretty good and worked well for the country. Of course there are a few exceptions but there will always be those that disliked something.

My thinking is Desantis is a lot like Trump. He doesn't put up with much and he lets it be known how he feels about things. He's not afraid of the media and those that oppose him, just as Trump wasn't afraid. Desantis won't be a suger-coater just as Trump was.

Some people say they would prefer Desantis but if his attitude is very similar to Trumps then I prefer Trump. We've already seen what he can do amid all the false accusation of the media and dems. He kept plugging along no matter how Pelosi tried to stop him. She spent the whole 4 years trying to pull him down but she was unsuccessful. She wasted so much time on this. It was clear then she didn't care about the country.

I, personally hope Trump runs again. I think people have learned their lesson to vote against Trump again. They see what can happen. At least we know Trump loves the country and won't try to be a dictator and control us. He's got the experience. If the left don't like him, who cares...that's on them to hate the country. We're not going to make them happy no matter who runs so I just hope Trump runs again and can straighten some of this mess out. I think if anyone can, it would be him.
I've kind of been saying on the forum that DeSantis seems similar to Trump in many ways, but without all of the Trump baggage. Desantis isn't quite as rough around the edges as Trump is.

Old 11-09-2021, 12:21 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
I never heard him tell the Goon Squad to "Go Back to their own country", but I did hear him tell them that if theyre miserable in America then they should leave, and I agree with him.
since it's all nicely direct-quoted, it doesn't seem to be the same BS as "very fine people" that liberals swallowed whole. And of course, we can't go to his Twitter to confirm. But he said it.

Quote:
"So interesting to see ‘Progressive’ Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world,” Mr. Trump wrote on Twitter, “now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run.”

Mr. Trump added: “Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done.”

Old 11-09-2021, 12:22 PM

16,081 posts, read 10,744,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Why exactly do some of you hate Trump?

Donald Trump scared the liberals more than they have ever been scared.

The Democrats will take a long, long time to forget their fear and rage over Donald Trump. As you can see from their constant I-hate-Trump posts and screams against him even though he is no longer in office and hasn't been for months.
Nice try but no cigar.

Those on the left and moderates were not scared of Trump. They were mostly embarrassed by their fellow Americans who supported the a-hole as if he was some sort of tin god. I think they misjudged the willful ignorance of a large segment of the American population and the widespread attraction to shiny things and foolish entertainment instead of actual policy, governance, and the future of the country. The worshipful Trumpers put their faith in falsehoods, gossip became their gospel, and lies became their liturgy -- their cultish leader was a manipulator. He made them all feel like victims and that America was diminished in some fashion. We had seen this in other countries -- Italy, Germany, elsewhere -- but had not recognized it or anticipated it here at home. The danger is still with us even though Trump is no longer President. He pulled back the curtain and revealed how ugly Americans can be... how devoted to a willful manipulator and his lies in spite of all evidence to the contrary. That is a scary lesson -- not about Trump but about our fellow citizens.

The Democrats, by their own shortcomings, were asleep at the wheel and forgot the admonition of Tip O'Neill that "all politics is local" -- they lacked the diligence and avoided the hard work of local politics in some key states. Some of the anger ought to be directed at the leadership of the Democrats who also only were attracted to shiny things. The statehouses and local politics are important.

Old 11-09-2021, 12:24 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
since it's all nicely direct-quoted, it doesn't seem to be the same BS as "very fine people" that liberals swallowed whole. And of course, we can't go to his Twitter to confirm. But he said it.
And you hate Trump for telling the truth?

Old 11-09-2021, 12:24 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Anybody who voted against Trump need to ask themselves long and hard if electing Brandon to tank the economy and rip the borders wide open was worth it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies