Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2021, 12:47 PM

24,621 posts, read 9,449,501 times

Advertisements

I like Trump, he brought me great joy as liberals cried tears of outrage.

But I will admit he should’ve revealed his taxes. And that he needed to stay off Twitter.

Old 11-09-2021, 12:48 PM

3,152 posts, read 2,731,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
January 6th. You can pretend all you want it wasn’t a dog whistle to his followers, but you’re not being honest with yourself or with us.
"March peacefully and patriotically" was what he said. Does that sound like inciting a riot to you?

Old 11-09-2021, 12:48 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,346,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
In what way was he corrupt and dishonest? How was he a threat to democracy? Can you give examples?
Dishonest: where are his tax returns? Pure lies. Corruption: retained business interests as President. Don’t even go where ‘that’s legal’. Sure. There’s lots of ‘legal’ things that are clearly unethical.

Threat: 6 January.

Old 11-09-2021, 12:51 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
And apparently Trump supporters have some magical crystal ball that tells them that everything would be oh so much better if Trump was still in office. Sorry if I remain skeptical and yes, if it were Trump v Biden, I would vote for Biden again. Save the left v right crap as well. Newsflash: a lot of independents voted for Biden.
I know what life was like during four years under Trump, and I know what the first 10 months under Biden has been. That's enough to make an educated guess.

Old 11-09-2021, 12:53 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,346,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
"March peacefully and patriotically" was what he said. Does that sound like inciting a riot to you?
“We’re going to have to fight much harder.”
“You’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength.”

Old 11-09-2021, 12:54 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
They'd make the same mistake over and over again. It's not like we didn't all know exactly what we were going to get.

The left doesn't care if the entire country tanks, as long as Trump isn't in office, that's all that counts.
So many "gaffes" and "mistakes" and other things that don't much sense it's starting to look like something else is at work here. I try to resist Alex Jones type of stuff, but man, I just don't know anymore. All of this great reset talk and just looking around at how things are going really makes ya wonder.

Old 11-09-2021, 12:56 PM

1,912 posts, read 1,128,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
We had Freedom, low gas prices, great economy, no open borders, no inflation, no WOKE craziness.
Freedom: FALSE. Check the US's rankings in various indices of freedom. The US has been slipping on that recently. Trump unilaterally did things such as impose tariffs--what kind of First World country has an executive who can rule by decree?

Low gas prices: Lower than now, but not as low as pre-Trump, and they went up during his time in office: https://www.creditdonkey.com/gas-price-history.html

No open borders: Not true. Trump did nothing to solve the immigration problem over the long term. The number of illegal aliens in the US didn't really decline during the Trump administration: https://usafacts.org/issues/immigrat...a71007a3982524

No WOKE craziness: Not true. Remember the Black Lives Matter movement and all of the riots in 2020? That happened during the Trump years.

Trump was a snake oil salesman who did very little but create chaos and pick fights. And how many hundreds of thousands of people died from Covid during his presidency?

Old 11-09-2021, 12:59 PM

164 posts, read 53,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
January 6th. You can pretend all you want it wasn’t a dog whistle to his followers, but you’re not being honest with yourself or with us.
Dog whistle... as in, although he emphasized that any protest be peaceful, you want to believe his intent was for his "followers" to do the exact opposite of what he said... and they followed his unspoken "orders". Perhaps they are all telepathic?

You might be onto something LOL.

Old 11-09-2021, 01:00 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,016,325 times
Grew up in New England.

Never liked him.

He's always been a con or a sleezebag or a dead beat who doesn't pay his bills.

If Daddy hadn't set him up he'd be selling used cars.

Old 11-09-2021, 01:01 PM

1,952 posts, read 828,379 times
I know one thing....no ex-president has lived rent-free in the heads of leftists like orange man.

They hated and said the same things about Dubya, but once he was out...they dropped him like a bad habit.

Not orange man...he lives on in their heads...maybe for decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies