Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2021, 12:23 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I'm vaccinated, and I wear a mask where I'm required to, without complaint. But my response to this article is, how much longer are 97% of the population expected to mask and social distance and all that, in order to protect the 3% who need extra care? At what point is the burden to protect the 3% put upon the 3%, so that the 97% can resume normal lives?
Exactly. How much more are we going to destroy our economy, even forcing people to leave their jobs, all because 3% or so of the population need to be more careful about where they go in public?

Then again, this all comes from the same people who want 99.99% of the population to transform our bathrooms and girls sports, and locker rooms, to turn them into into mixed sex facilities, to appease the 0.01% of the gender-fluid population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2021, 12:23 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,670,076 times
While I feel bad for this guy, and I understand that having any kind of organ transplant is a big deal, no one can realistically expect the whole world to cater to him.

I too am on an immunosuppressant. But I chose a very different plan than this man did. First of all, I did not get the Covid vaccine, for numerous reasons. I am unlikely to mount an immune response to the vaccine due to being immunosuppressed. Secondly, I absolutely refuse to continue hiding away in my home. If I did that, I might as well just be dead. I know that I have been in very close and prolonged contact with people who happened to be positive for Covid (I found out later, after having already been around them). I have not gotten sick, I do not have antibodies against Covid. Perhaps I'm one of the almost 50% of people who have natural T-cell immunity against this virus. I don't know.

I think it's sad that this guy's wife gave him a kidney to save his life, and now he refuses to get out and actually live.

Old 11-09-2021, 12:25 PM

158 posts, read 72,514 times
Whats even worse about this whole situation is that on top of there being no way of providing that person any extra protection, keeping yourself away from everything and everyone also weakens your immune system.

Old 11-09-2021, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
A real and serious reason answer is we cannot protect each and every person. This person could also easily succomb to flu or any of a myriad of other diseases. Do you also advocate outlawing peanut butter, cigarette smoke and all of the other things that someone out there is susceptible (sp?) to?
Just by taking any unneeded car trips you are putting lives at risk. Are you in favor of everyone only going out for either work and neccesities? If not you are selfish and not concerned with protecting everyone else around you.
Life comes with some level of risk.
I could go on for a long time with examples...

For immunocompromised people one possible solution is for them to wear high quality masks.
Agreed. They will need to learn how to properly wear masks specifically made to filter out this virus. Instead of our US Congress recklessly giving away hundreds of billions to the criminals, I'd rather see free, or at least subsidized mask for the people who really need them.

Old 11-09-2021, 12:30 PM

9,974 posts, read 5,669,596 times
It's such a fascinating phenomenon wherein the less effective wearing masks and getting jabs prove to be, the more stridently the Branch Covidians insist we must do both, as if they'll work better if we just do them harder or with more conviction or something.

Old 11-09-2021, 12:32 PM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Not getting vaxed and don't know anyone dying from just Covid alone. Stop the fear mongering.
Must live in the woods - or private island. My sis is in real estate and networking is stat. She tells me all the time how clients or friends have died. They call her back to sell the houses of those who bought and now are gone . But in the end - certain persons matters - your own - I know - lost my son Sept 1 to covid

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Some people definitely draw the short stick in life and it's not fair. I wish we could cure all the underlying conditions so nobody is more succeptable. We just have to accept that even with all the miraculous and life saving things we can medically do today there will always be people who's lives are more fragile that the norm, and there's not a whole lot we can do about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
If FOUR jabs failed to provide protection, why would a 5th shot? The bug is here, it will be here until enough people have been exposed for natural immunity levels to provide herd immunity. The vaccine, per your own post, is a failure and a fraud.
Even herd immunity will not stop the mutations. COVID is going to be with us like the common flu. Herd immunity will do nothing to end it. All we can hope for is that this virus mutates to a less severe strain.

Old 11-09-2021, 12:33 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,065,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Three shots and 1 booster later, this man has little protection against Covid-19

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/09/healt...rnd/index.html

Please get get vaccinated, if not to protect you, to protect everyone else around you

I personally know, at least, 20 transplant patients that are friends and family. And, had 40-50 patients that were transplant patients when I was still in the pharmacy. I also know several people on high doses of immunosuppressants because of rare blood cancers

Please don't be stubborn, or selfish

I have 3 autoimmune conditions. I have been advised by my doctor not to get the shots.

Let’s say I did get it to “save Andrew”, and God forbid I died....

My husband would lose his wife and my teenagers would lose their mom and my parents would lose their daughter.

How is that acceptable in your eyes? Why is his life worth more than my life? Do you even think Andrew would want that? Talk about selfish.

People who have valid medical or personal reasons for not getting the shot are neither selfish nor stubborn. We have weighed the pros and cons and are living with our decision like free persons have the God given right to do.

Old 11-09-2021, 12:34 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,234,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Three shots and 1 booster later, this man has little protection against Covid-19

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/09/healt...rnd/index.html

Please get get vaccinated, if not to protect you, to protect everyone else around you

I personally know, at least, 20 transplant patients that are friends and family. And, had 40-50 patients that were transplant patients when I was still in the pharmacy. I also know several people on high doses of immunosuppressants because of rare blood cancers

Please don't be stubborn, or selfish
Wait... I thought vaccines were intended to prevent severe disease, not prevent the spread of COVID.

You guys need to get your COVID vaccine narratives straight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies